X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kooky noosa challenge!! Tri state series #1

Here it is folks! Two courses, 1 day. The People up in this area go all out to put on a show! For those of you that have been to or heard about the Timberbeast tournament expect a similar vibe and experience with courses with really fun elevation changes. Bomb shots off of a Dam?? I cannot wait to see what I've been missing out on for all these years!!!
    Last edited by Yoduh; March 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Just an FYI, the dates on the flyer are incorrect. I really hope I can make this one, sounds like a blast!
    PDGA #42116

Comment

Confused....

So what are the actual dates? Who can we get a hold of to pre-pay?

Thanks

Mac

Comment

Based on a previous post, the tournament is Saturday April 20th.
        PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_Mac View Post
          So what are the actual dates? Who can we get a hold of to pre-pay?

Thanks

Mac
          The Kookynoosa Challenge at Libby Dam will be held on Saturday, April 20th. Keep checking the Garden City Flyers website ( www.gardencityflyers.org )for online registration or you could probably contact Andrew Elliot who's contact information was on the flyer that Jeremy posted a link to. I got to play this last year and am hopeful to do the same this year. My wife even enjoyed this event last year and that's sayin' something. I hope to see many from this area up there, this will be the tourney season starter for me

Comment

I'll be there
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Hoping to see a big tournout form the other side of the hills for this event!! Online reg will be available very soon on www.gardencityflyers.org For those who prefer snail mail, I will get with the TD's and will have info for you very soon, too.

These 2 courses offer a little bit of everything. The upper course is (mostly) short - 13 holes under 300' - but very tight and technical with dramatic elevation changes on almost every hole. Don't take this course lightly!! The tourney course record is only a 48 with 3 events with the best that MT has to offer in attendence. The lower course is mostly open and flat with lots of big bomber holes - and a couple in the woods to keep you honest, along with the river coming into play on several holes. The upper course has several vistas overlooking Lake Koocanusa.

Sorry Jeremy, but the last I heard is that the shot off the dam wouldn't be happening this year due to security issues and too many people. That could change, though...

Camping will not be available at the Dam itself, but will be available just down the road at one of the 3 FREE Army Corp of Engineers campgrounds. Hotels are available in Libby about 15 miles south of the Dam.

Please be aware that there is no cell service once your a couple miles out of Libby towards the Dam.

Comment

These two courses will be used for the super popular Montana State Championships as well as TIMBERBEAST! There is no Timberbeast this year because the club is going to put all of their focus in making States OFF THE CHAINS! States will be a Tri-State series event as well. The town of Troy will do it up just like we are all akin to being treated. Bomb food, Bombs across the river and Bands that Rock the House! Get out to the Kooky to get a preview of what we will be facing for states! As someone that has earned a Montana State Championship before I must tell you it's no easy task, all the practice you can muster will be KEY!!!
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Registration for the Kooky Noosa Challenge is up on the homepage of the GCF site at www.gardencityflyers.org

For those who prefer to send their reg in via snail mail, please print out the attached flyer, write your name, division, and PDGA # on the back, make your check out to the Kootenai Valley Huckers and send to
                  Jon Reny
                  582 Reserve Rd
                  Libby, MT 59923

As a courtesy to Jon, please shoot him an e-mail to let him know to expect your registration at jreny@kvis.net

Comment

Having a hard time sleeping at night.. Can't stop dreaming/wondering about how Kooky The Noosa Challenge really is!!!!!
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The Tri State Series kicks off this weekend in Libby, MT. Sounds like there will be quite a few Canadians coming down looking for their first event of the year. Hope to see a good turnout from WA'ers & NorID'ers, too.

Online registration will be open through the GCF site till Thursday afternoon. Or you can sign up in person there. Andrew should be set up to check players in & sign them up by 4:00, if not before, Friday afternoon.

See you there!!

Comment

Kooky Noosa Challenge was a BLAST!!!!!
                        Seriously two of the most polar opposite courses I've ever played. Really enjoyed the golf. The Libby boys have their acts together and the Montana State Championships are going to be absolutely unmissable!!!! Jared Person smashes the course record that I tied in the first round and then does it again on the second course. He's going to be tough this year. Can't wait to get back up there to get a little revenge. They will be doing some serious tweaking to the lower course and it will be way sweeter!! Never been to a Montana event before? Montana States will be spectacular!!!
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Kooky Noosa Challenge was a BLAST!!!!!
                          Seriously two of the most polar opposite courses I've ever played. Really enjoyed the golf. The Libby boys have their acts together and the Montana State Championships are going to be absolutely unmissable!!!! Jared Person smashes the course record that I tied in the first round and then does it again on the second course. He's going to be tough this year. Can't wait to get back up there to get a little revenge. They will be doing some serious tweaking to the lower course and it will be way sweeter!! Never been to a Montana event before? Montana States will be spectacular!!!
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

No joke. That place was amazing. Smooth event, great payouts for a C-Tier, amazing location, great people. Will not be missing another one
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X