The 2013 Zoo Town Open, presented by Prudential Missoula Properties Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2013 Zoo Town Open, presented by Prudential Missoula Properties

Calling all disc golfers in the Northwest and beyond to the 2013 Zoo Town Open in Missoula, MT, presented by Prudential Missoula Properties! We’re extremely excited about this year’s event on June 22 and 23, which is a PDGA A-Tier event, a Vibram Open Qualifier, and a participant in the EDGE TCP program. Most importantly, coming to the ZTO is the best damn time you can have this disc golf season!

As in years past, we expect the ZTO to fill extremely quickly (we’re limited to under 100 players by the Forest Service). The lucky folks who secure spots in the field will be treated to phenomenal players’ packs and prizes for amateurs, a deep payout that will be the envy of events with twice the number of players (minimum $3000 added cash), our legendary best-in-the-west raffle, lots of extras and an unrivaled player experience! Come take a trip to Missoula this June and we guarantee you won’t regret it. We have two great courses in store this year: Missoula’s signature disc golf course, Blue Mountain DGC—now with a full slate of tee pads—and the valley’s newest gem, a terrific course at the scenic Linda Vista (Ball) Golf Course. We’re happy to welcome Linda Vista and its fantastic facilities to the fold, and we are confident it will be VERY well received.

Due to the limited number of spots and high demand, pre-registration for the 2013 ZTO will occur in a few different stages. You’ll notice that we are trying hard to assemble the biggest and best women’s field in ZTO history! We will also have a Sunday-only Juniors division for which no pre-registration will be required. All pre-registration will occur online—visit our brand-spankin’-new ZTO website, which will be up in the next few days, for information about registration as well as everything else you could possibly want to know. Check it out at www.zootownopen.com.

You will need to plan ahead to be a part of the action. Here are the important registration dates:

March 27: Registration opens for all men rated 1000 or over, all Silver, Gold and Platinum Sponsors (see below), and ALL WOMEN’S DIVISIONS.

April 10: Registration opens for ALL. First-come, first-serve until we’re full. We will keep a waiting list. Five Touring Pro spots and ten women’s-only spots will be reserved until June 10, when all unfilled spots will be released to the waiting list.

The waiting list will also be first-come, first-serve, except that Platinum, Gold and Silver sponsors will be moved to the front of the list.

We’ll play two shotgun-start rounds on the Blue Mountain ZTO Layout on Saturday, and one round with tee times at Linda Vista on Sunday. Don’t miss Friday random-draw doubles at Linda Vista—rent your own golf cart to save energy for the tournament.

Advanced Women, Intermediate Ams, and Advanced Masters will play a few short tees on both Saturday and Sunday. All other divisions will play the same courses and will thus be eligible for Vibram Open Qualifying! As in years past , it will cost $10 to be eligible for the Vibram Quaifier spot, and each qualifier will be awarded half the fees collected towards their entry, with the share of fees for any unclaimed spots being donated to EDGE.

Entry fees include an $8 course fee for Linda Vista and the $5 online reg fee, but do not include the optional $2 ace pot or an additional $10 PDGA fee for non-current, non-Junior amateurs, and are as follows: Open Men, $108; Pro Masters, Pro Grandmasters, and Pro Women, $103; Advanced Amateurs and Advanced Masters, $68; Intermediate Amateurs, $58; Advanced Women, $48; and Juniors (one round on Sunday) $15.

Sponsorship Information!

$25 Hole Sponsorship—You will be recognized on one hole’s tee sign.

$100+ Silver Sponsorship—You will be recognized on one hole’s tee sign, your name will be included on the sponsors’ banner at tournament central, and your name will be included on player handouts and the new ZTO website.

$200+ Gold Sponsorship—In addition to the benefits for Silver Sponsors, you’ll have the option to replace your name on all materials with your logo, and will receive prominent recognition on the ZTO website. You’ll also receive the Gold VIP package for the weekend.

$500+ Platinum Sponsorship—Platinum sponsors receive free entry to the tournament, and in addition to all benefits for Gold Sponsors, you’ll have the option to provide a banner to be displayed at both courses during the tournament. You’ll also receive the Platinum VIP package for the weekend.

We’ve got LOTS of great extras to tell you about as well, including nearly a week’s worth of events leading up to the tournament...check out our new website for more information. We are pulling out all the stops to welcome the world to Missoula this year…don’t miss being a part of something special!

www.zootownopen.com

Check it out! The site will be online in the next few days and will be updated frequently.

• Yoduh
    replied
    What an event!! That crew seriously pulls out all the stops!! The food, live music at lunch, teepads, the epic scenery. Seriously a world class event. Linda Vista Golf COURSE!?!?!?! EPIC!!!!!! SO my only complaint is the fact that this is only a 2 day event.. I mean seriously guys, can't we turn this into a week long event???
    Oh yeah it took to long cause the raffle was CHOCKED full of goodies and because there was a few playoffs. Long drives after were awesome!! Weather, bomb! Over double my mny for second to last cash? Hell Yeah!!!

Leave a comment:

• MTChristian
    replied
    ZTO in the books!

Thanks to all the NW DG'ers that came out and made the 2013 ZTO such a success! Sorry for getting folks on the road a little later than we had hoped. Both Oregon and Washington golfers represented big-time and were well compensated for their efforts ;-)

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/99588

THANKS TO ALL!

Leave a comment:

• brianb
    replied
    Below is the host hotel info. As for camping, there's not much legal camping around, so the KOA is your best bet. We are working with our tourism bureau and have secured additional funding from them (YAH!!!). As part of the conditions for that, we are encouraging players and their families to stay at the host hotels, and have chosen a couple to hopefully work with everyone's budget.

The Comfort Inn University is offering rooms for $105 per nite, plus taxes (normally $126+). Located near downtown and on the Clark Fork river, these rooms include many extras such as free internet and hot breakfast. Call 406-549-7600 to make reservations and mention Garden City Flyers to get this rate. http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-missoula-montana-MT082

Americas Best Value Inn is offering rooms for $65 per nite, plus taxes (normally $80+). They are located just off Orange street on Broadway downtown. Call 1-800-249-9174 or 406-728-4500 and mention Garden City Flyers to get this rate. http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/...0&rcode=GCPPCG

Would like to remind any ladies out there that there are still a few reserved spots that will be held until June 10 when they will be filled from the waitlist.

The disc order is in!! We have Champ Glo Roc3's, S PD 2's, C PD's, and P P2's available as fundraiser discs. Those Roc 3's are tasty!!

Less than a month away!!!

Leave a comment:

• Simmeltron
    replied
    Originally posted by prospect View Post
    KOA! Really, it's awesome. Hot tub, pool, showers, like $28 a night, and right off the main drag. I camped there for ZTO last year and it worked out great.
    Perfect, thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• prospect
    replied
    KOA! Really, it's awesome. Hot tub, pool, showers, like $28 a night, and right off the main drag. I camped there for ZTO last year and it worked out great.

Leave a comment:

• Simmeltron
    replied
    Is there a recommended camping area available? Sadly I am unfamiliar with all that Missoula has to offer.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt_Mac
    replied
    DownRiver Re-Open -- ZTO13 Qualifer Information

ZOO TOWN 2013 QUALIFER INFORMATION

The Down River Re-Open, 2013 is pleased to announce that we have been chosen to be one of two -- ZTO13 Qualifying Events. Details follow...

2 Spots have been allotted for ZTO13. 1 men, 1 women

1.The top finisher (that has opted-in) will earn a spot in their respective division for ZTO13!
    2.There is a $10 opt-in fee that must be paid to the TD before the ZTO13 Qualifier Event starts.* (0900 April 27th, 2013)
    3.Players that already have spots available to them may not compete for these spots. (ie: General Store Team, preregistrations, etc...etc...)
    4.These awards are not transferable. Please ensure that you are able to play the ZTO, before opting in to compete for the spots.

Available Divisions for the award:
    • Open Men
    • Open Women
    • Masters
    • Masters Women
    • Grandmasters
    • Advanced
    • Advanced Women
    • Advanced Masters
    • Intermediate Am
    • Juniors (14 & under)

If you would like to look at the field you would be competing against an updated list is available here through the PDGA. The list is updated early AM on a daily basis.

Thanks again to the Garden City Flyers!

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    Let's keep the thread about the event everyone, and keep the bashing/defending of another event out of it. I'm sure the organizers would appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• Lyounger
    replied
    My apologies for the thread drift.....

YAY ZTO!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Lyounger
    replied
    Originally posted by J.P. View Post
    There are 2 people who have an extremely bad relationship with the owners of Four Mounds who are not allowed in the tournament is what I have heard. Other than the 2 people who have a long history of disagreements with the owners they are not limiting people.
    These two 'people' have actually been restricted from the owner's 'private property' which in effect does not permit them to participate in any events hosted at that location...this includes Sunday play days, superbowl parties, tournaments, etc.

And frankly, I do not know of anyone who boycotts FourMound events because of these decisions. I certainly could have overlooked someone, however....

From my personal observations these decisions were not due to 'extrmely bad relationships.' The owners have consistently been polite, professional and respectful to both individuals. But, the consequence of each of these individual's actions have resulted in a no tresspass on the owners property.

For any of you who have never been to FourMound, it's not only a wonderful collection of courses the owners constantly improve with sweat and blood, it is also their home...their sanctuary.

Thankfully, the law allows us to determine (for the most part) who is allowed and not allowed in our homes.

Leave a comment:

• prospect
    replied
    Well anyway, YAY ZOO TOWN! I am stoked!

Leave a comment:

• J.P.
    replied
    There are 2 people who have an extremely bad relationship with the owners of Four Mounds who are not allowed in the tournament is what I have heard. Other than the 2 people who have a long history of disagreements with the owners they are not limiting people.

Leave a comment:

• prospect
    replied
    I see. I guess that's one of the perks of owning your own course.

Leave a comment:

• Yoduh
    replied
    Originally posted by prospect View Post
    Just wondering who they are turning away at LCO. Is it full already?
    It isn't full, not even close. They have a list of people that aren't allowed to come. They lost a lot of other people that used to come because of it.. So I've heard anyway.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X