X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri State Series!!!!

This series features 3 events in Washington, 3 in Idaho, and 3 in Montana. To qualify for this series you must play five events. Each event is worth 100 points for a victory. The Farragut Open and the series qualifier are worth 103 points. 2Nd place is worth 1 point less, 3rd is 1st point less on down the line. One bonus point for each event played will be added to your series point total. 9 bonus points may be accrued because there are 9 events total.

Kooky Noosa Challenge Libby Montana Aril 20th.
    Hot Springs Hot Springs Montana May 18th
    Happy Hill Tum Tum Washington June 15th
    Farragut Athol Idaho July 13th 14th
    Sandpoint Idaho July 27th
    Camp Sekani Spokane Washington August 10th 11th
    Montana State Championships Troy & Libby August 31st september 1st
    Cherry Hill CDA Idaho September 14th
    Tri State Series Final General Store Open Spokane Washington October 5th 6th

I look forward to seeing all my peeps in Montana on April 20th!!
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    This series features 3 events in Washington, 3 in Idaho, and 3 in Montana. To qualify for this series you must play five events. Each event is worth 100 points for a victory. The Farragut Open and the series qualifier are worth 103 points. 2Nd place is worth 1 point less, 3rd is 1st point less on down the line. One bonus point for each event played will be added to your series point total. 9 bonus points may be accrued because there are 9 events total.

Kooky Noosa Challenge Libby Montana Aril 20th.
    Hot Springs Hot Springs Montana May 18th
    Happy Hill Tum Tum Washington June 15th
    Farragut Athol Idaho July 13th 14th
    Sandpoint Idaho July 27th
    Camp Sekani Spokane Washington August 10th 11th
    Montana State Championships Troy & Libby August 31st september 1st
    Cherry Hill CDA Idaho September 14th
    Tri State Series Final General Store Open Spokane Washington October 5th 6th

I look forward to seeing all my peeps in Montana on April 20th!!
    Great to see your taking the next step Jeremy.

Last year I lobbied for our friends in Northern Idaho to be part of the WA series. Each of you travels and supported both WA series events and the on hiatus Inland Series and I felt we should do the same.

1. This series features 3 events in Washington, 3 in Idaho, and 3 in Montana.
    2. To qualify for this series you must play five of nine events.
    3. Each event is worth 100 points for a victory. The Farragut Open and the series qualifier are worth 103 points. 2Nd place is worth 1 point less, 3rd is 1st point less on down the line. #
    4. One bonus point (up to 9) for each event played will be added to your series point total.
    5. Sanctioned or not?

# can you explain this better . Like one days are worth base 100, 99 second...

I await any more information about what will make your series different.
    rewindb.com

Comment

Each win is worth 100 points with the exception of two events. The Farragut Open "A" tier and the series final. They start at 103 and work their way down one point for each place. I feel like a win is a win. A lot of series I've played in give rewards for beating more golfers. What can happen though is a large group of friends that play in one division decide they don't want to play an event and the person who wins said event doesn't even get to include the win in their points total. If one golfer wins any 5 events and plays in 9 they are more than likely going to be the series champ. One year I won 5 of 8 events and wasn't the series champ because of interesting point schemes that take a math degree to figure out. Our points are simple and it should be really easy to see where you stand and what you have to do to earn points and become the Champion.
      I don't think this series is a lot different than other series that are in existence but we are focusing on a couple things we find important. Getting our events done in a timely matter, and having enough one day events that people can compete in, that have other things on Sundays. Providing a cheaper price point so new golfers can compete on a budget. There will be no advanced woman's division, only amateur and pro. To keep the entry's lower for new ladies interested in getting involved. Fuel costs are high and most our events have free camping or cheap camping, and are less than three hours from each other. Expansion in our sport is coming at an alarming rate and so are tournament options. I have 18 events I can go to within 3 hours, which I am really excited about. WAY better than the six state events I used to play when I first started!! I will probably play in three series this year, too cool Any thoughts...
      Last edited by Yoduh; March 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM. Reason: phones are tough to get propper grammer on
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I really like the way this is shaping up so far. I think it is really cool to see 3 events in 3 states that are are reasonably close. It seems like it will make traveling much more reasonable for many. The eastern WA events seem like a better fit for this kind of series anyway as the westsiders seem to complain about any events that they have to travel outside of the greater Seattle area for anyway that are part of the INWS or State series.

I was already trying to plan on making most of these events anyway but I know there will be a couple that I will miss due to scheduling conflicts but oh well, I know I won't be able to play all of the events that I would like to. I am looking forward to hopefully kicking of my tournament season on April 20th in Libby. I might even be able to talk my wife into that one as well.

Comment

Are these all PDGA events?
          Innova Champion Discs
          Discmania
          huk lab
          Keen Footwear
          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
          Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
          Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Happy Hill is unsanctioned. All the rest are sanctioned. Mt. States, Camp Sekani and the General Store open are B tiers. The Farragut Open is an A tier and the rest are Cc tiers...
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Each event will payout using PDGA guidelines. The TD will only invite golfers that placed in the top 3 in each division. Sorry to those used to giving elborate speeches for getting 11th in advanced grand masters..
              Timeliness of events are very important, and the sooner they end the sooner people can travel or hang out and play some more golf!
              Last edited by Yoduh; March 8th, 2013, 04:19 PM. Reason: left out a detail
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Win a sweet cage!!!

At each event we will be holding a ctp contest for the chance to win a sweet new Bentley Basket! The 3 closest discs to the pin will receive one free shot at the series final to take home this amazing basket! If you stick one in the chains you are automatically qualified and you win a 1st run Rampage for your efforts. This will only last for a half hour of lunch on Saturday of each event and it's $2 a shot to get a chance. For those who haven't had the pleasure of throwing on these cages the basket will be available at each event for demo. It's made in Portland and they Will be the cages used for Camp Sekani's second course, Sekani Gold!
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Are the standings available? or do I have to search them out too?
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                    Are the standings available? or do I have to search them out too?
                    I am curious if there is a published results tables for the 2013 Tri State Series
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Any info about sandpoint this weekend, like cost/time/sanctioned?
                      PDGA #42116

Comment

Sandpoint was cancelled
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

That's too bad, do we know why?
                          PDGA #42116

Comment

There was a blurb on it somewhere. I think its because they shortened some holes or something like.that
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

They thought for a couple months that they were actually getting their course pulled. It was decided that the event would be canceled. Once they found that they were getting to keep their course but had a couple holes shortened. They were asked if they wanted their event back and the club decided they wanted to wait till next year when they would hopefully have a new course on new property
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X