X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Fools Doubles '09

The 3rd annual April Fools Doubles event will be Sunday, March 29th at Adair County Park outside Corvallis, OR. This event has filled up the last two years and I expect it will fill again. Dion Arlyn and I will be co-TD's as in years past and the format should be basically the same with a 22 hole course (44 team capacity). We will play 11 holes alternate shot and 11 holes tough shot, then break for lunch and finish with a full 22 holes of best shot. We will begin taking registrations for the event in the next few weeks and post a flyer with more information (probably through TreeLove's fine calendar).
    So start thinking about who to choose for a partner and get ready for April Fools Doubles!
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Yay! I was wondering if you guys would be doing this again. I'm in!

Comment

Ok, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are playing so let's get some more guy and girl teams and have a mixed doubles division.

E

Comment

Originally posted by E Smith View Post
        Ok, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are playing so let's get some more guy and girl teams and have a mixed doubles division.

E
        Kim and Smo are in for the mixed doubles
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

April Fools Doubles '09

The event flyer is available now at Treelove's calendar, I am working on getting it posted to titledisc so people can register there. I am accepting registrations in the mail now, all of the info and the entry form are on the flyer.

As far as a mixed division goes, I don't have it listed on the flyer but I am willing to offer it at the tourney if there is enough interest. As in years past I am worried about the competitive soundness of it because there are no divisions or anything to keep the skill levels remotely close. If this doesn't bother anyone else I guess I can just offer it as is but I would like to reduce the entry fees down to the recreational or intermediate level so there will be very small prizes and it can just be a casual competition in that division.

I will post entries to this thread as I receive them and make some warnings as the event gets close to filling. Hope to see everybody back again this year.
          Innova Champion Discs
          Discmania
          huk lab
          Keen Footwear
          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Rouge squadron assemble!!!

Comment

This is Rogue 1 calling Rogue 2. We have a no bogies in sight. I repeat, no bogies in sight.

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post

Comment

Hardy boys on the prowl.
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                  Rouge squadron? Did you find a new partner Hawk? I have seen Ben in make up and it isn't pretty!

Rouge
                  Pronunciation: \ˈrzh, especially Southern ˈrj\
                  Function: noun
                  Etymology: French, from Middle French, from rouge red, from Latin rubeus reddish — more at ruby
                  Date: 1751
                  1 : any of various cosmetics for coloring the cheeks or lips red
                  2 : a red powder consisting essentially of ferric oxide used in polishing glass, metal, or gems and as a pigment

Comment

April Fools Doubles

April Fools Doubles is live on titledisc.com now and accepting registrations. I am offering a mixed division for $40 per team even though it is not listed on the flyer, if you register by mail and want to be in this division just write mixed in for your division.
                    Innova Champion Discs
                    Discmania
                    huk lab
                    Keen Footwear
                    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
                      April Fools Doubles is live on titledisc.com now and accepting registrations.
                      I can't find it, maybe it's not up yet....
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

AFD

Maybe they have to approve it first or something, It appeared to be available on my computer but once I logged out of my titledisc account it wasn't there. In any case, expect it to come up there soon as I have submitted all of the info for the event.
                        Innova Champion Discs
                        Discmania
                        huk lab
                        Keen Footwear
                        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
                          The event flyer is available now at Treelove's calendar
                          Or for your convenience, also here:

AFD Flyer
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

thanks for the flier mr. treelove
                            my partner has our form already in the mail
                            played that one left handed last year
                            little pay back is in order for my partner, who's back is still hurting

Comment

It looks like it's up on Titledisc, SORT OF. I tried to register but it looks like it's confusing the per team price with a per player price, it wanted to charge me $120 to register an advanced team.

I don't think I did anything wrong but it's possible.....

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X