X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***** Ice Bowl 24 * Lawson Bar DGC * January 27, 2013 *****

Ice Bowl 24 will be happening at Lawson Bar DGC on "the Sunday before the Super Bowl", Jan.27, 2013.
    Tee time is 10:00 AM ish.
    Again it will be a food/fundraiser for Umpqua Community Action Network.
    This Ice Bowl has been a strong supporter of the UCAN Food Bank Network for over 20 years and has donated over 2,100 lb's of food and close to $3,500.
    100% of the entry fees always goes to UCAN.
    Fee/donation > $20 or whatever you can afford.
    All are welcome, this event can never fill.
    Players pack for all who show up.
    Format is decided by the players, but typically it's some sort of doubles.
    There will again be holes that you can only throw a mini.
    Nice prize for the most food donated.
    Basket/prize raffle.
    I forgot to mention that the tunes from the Simmons rock on quite a few of the holes.

Ice Bowl 24 Sponsors/Donors

Promise Natural Foods and Bakery
    Commonwealth Garden Shoppe
    Sunshine Espresso and Smoothie
    Gordon's Pharmacy
    Canyon Market
    Canyonville Ace Hardware
    Will Petterson Photography
    Fred's Dutch Oven
    Artbeats
    Hyzer Freak Disc Golf Apparel
    Del's Building Supply
    Pizza Palace
    Simmons Family
    Jr. Rigo
    Jeromy
    Brandon Shepherd
    Ben Schleis
    Shawn Pederson
    Last edited by Flatroc; January 22nd, 2013, 08:01 PM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Who hoo
    This one is always fun. See you there Yose contact me if you need help

Al

Comment

2013 Ice Bowl logo

http://www.icebowlhq.com/docs/IB13color10x10-72.jpg

No guts no glory eh?
      Last edited by Flatroc; January 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
        To Cool. I'll be there.
        sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

Ice Bowl food

I have some rather bad news.......... Dutch Oven Fred will not be making his famous chili for Ice Bowl 24.
          Instead we will have to endure some of his Savory Stew.
          As always though, there will be Dutch Oven cornbread and Donnala's killer Monster Cookies.
          Thanks again to the Simmon's for feeding hungry Ice Bowler's.
          On another note.... anyone who gets caught sneaking off to BK or Mac's will receive.........NO MONTSER COOKIES!
          - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
            I think the feller putting resembles RR, the Ice Bowl instigator.
            - Anonymous

Comment

So how was the Bowl? Wish I could have been there, but life trumps DG.
              Glenn 'JPSnuffy' Higgs
              Remembering 'The Crimson Willys'
              --==_o|||||o_==--

Comment

Pete Rose > Ice Bowl 24 Champion

Ice Bowl 24 highlights:
                Anthony Salee aced Sandy Point with a mini to make it 2 years in a row for the "little-big" aces. Art, "Hippie" Lane nailed the BBQ pit hole last year.
                There were five "hula hoop" 1's on the cards, with 2 of them being in the same group, which would be a "hoop 1 frame" I guess.
                I think I heard of 2 teams only taking 3 throws to get a one.
                The Monster cookies were awesome.
                We had 46 players and played 2 rounds of pro/am dubs.
                Spencer and (are you ready?) "Radar" Rick "Konerko" Neilly aka Pete Rose won the 1st round with a -10. Moe and Ben took the 2nd round with a -9.
                This years Ice Bowl Champ was and still is "Radar" Rick Neilly who accepted his honors with a head first slide in the mud, "Pete Rose" style.
                The unofficial food donations are at 84 lbs and the cash is at $635 with the basket/goodie raffle jug being carried over to the TP gig next weekend.
                Big thanks again to the Simmons for feeding all of us Ice Bowlers and Swain for keeping the fires going.
                Also thanks to Alan Robertson for figuring out the scoring.
                I still get a good chuckle when I hear folks say "What? You have to use your mini? I've never thrown one before". And then they see the targets, sinks, hanging flower baskets and new this year, a mini shopping cart.
                The basketball hoop hole tally this year was:
                1-9
                2-7's
                3-6's
                5-2's

Thanks again to all of you who came out to help out and play some crazy-fun disc/mini golf.
                - Anonymous

Comment

Thank you Yoseman for throwing an awesome IceBowl! I had a really good time, and look forward to playing again next year.
                  Follow us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/mainstreetdiscgolf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X