X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takena Landing Fundraising Tournament Nov. 10

The Disc Golf Club of Albany will be having a fundraising tournament on Saturday, November 10th at Takena Landing Park in Albany. Sign in at 8am. START at 930am. $20 entry fee for all divisions. $5 to fundraising, $15 to payout. This is our grand opening tournament for our newest course in Albany. There will be four rounds of nine holes. Awards ceremony at the Calapooia Brewery afterwards (about 430 pm). Non PDGA. No pre-registration. Show up and pay cash. 50 player max. All proceeds will help pay for the cost of putting in this new course at Takena Landing.

I'm in and if I can't make it I'm good for $20. Good job DGCA!!

Comment

I want to play in the tourney but I have a prior engagement that evening. What time do you estimate the play to be done at? Also is the course going to be open to the general public? if so when? I can help you guys clear some brush if you need the help but I don't have great tools.

Comment

Is this the park on SW Lawnridge St between SW 10th and SW 12th?
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by mcguirei View Post
          I want to play in the tourney but I have a prior engagement that evening. What time do you estimate the play to be done at? Also is the course going to be open to the general public? if so when? I can help you guys clear some brush if you need the help but I don't have great tools.
          I expect the final round to finish at 330 or 4pm. The course is open to play now! Hole #1 is next to the parking lot. Hole #9 is next to the bathroom. Holes #5 and #7 are not in yet, but the rest of the holes have tee pads and baskets. I will be going around tomorrow (10-24) and putting in tee signs and "next tee-->" signs. Work parties are weekdays at 10am. Let me know if anyone is available, we have tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Is this the park on SW Lawnridge St between SW 10th and SW 12th?
            Takena Landing is in Albany on Highway 20. It is directly across the Wilamette River from Bryant Park. It is the second stop light after you cross over the bridge to go to Corvallis.

Comment

Just played it! Fantastic job!!!

Heads up: bees coming out of the ground close to the #8 basket.

This course is going to be great, and i applaud the fine folk who put it in.

Comment

All the baskets, tee pads , and signs are now in. Come out and play this awesome new 9 hole course at Takena Landing, before our opening tournament this Saturday (11-10).

Comment

Abby's Legendary Pizza (3033 Santiam Hwy SE) in Albany is now a sponsor this event. Pizza lunch will be served for $5. The cost of the pizzai will be covered by Abby's Legendary Pizza (541-928-9311) in Albany. All funds will go to benefit the Disc golf Club of Albany and Takena Landing disc golf course. This is also a dog friendly tournament, but only for "good dogs".

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X