Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORS donates $80,000 to Oregon disc golf

News is here!

I always knew they were making money! I mean... how else could they have donated so much if they hadn't been making money?!

It's fun being crazy.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by dEuCeDrOpPeR View Post
      News is here!

Not sure how you got the $80K. I read the team spent about 10k per year for the series. Maybe better headline Ore Series Team donates 80k

It seems more like an explanation for why they decided not to continue the Ore series (Disclaimer) I realize Mags is rallying the troops so the series is not dead just under "new management" Hopefully with financial transparency as a cornerstone.
      rewindb.com

Comment

At the risk of threaddrift...

Reasons why JubJub thinks ORS was not financially transparent:
        1. Jerry Miller says so and JubJub is part of Jerry's flock. I don't think that this is a ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-d thing, necessarily. Some people cannot be more than they are born to be.

Valid reasons for thinking this:
        ................................................tumbleweeds................................................
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          At the risk of threaddrift...
          Yanking the thread back on track, I just wanted to thank the Bellingers for all that they have contributed to disc golf in OR. I, unfortunately, never got to play in an ORS event and was looking forward to playing in them this year but they have laid the ground work for continued greatness in our disc golf community.

Thank you you two.
          Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
          PDGA #37890
          Stumptown #157
          ODW TDG 10-11
          3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

The title of this thread makes it sound like they're taking all the profits they've earned over the years and are now giving that cash back to the disc golf community. But isn't this "headline" really just an odd way of saying, "The Bellingers have spent $80K of their own money to run ORS for the last 8 years"?
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Or... all of the profit that has been speculated that they made over the years actually went back into the sport rather than into the yacht and the houses in the Caribbean and Europe... Ooops. I said too much.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Or... all of the profit that has been speculated that they made over the years actually went back into the sport rather than into the yacht and the houses in the Caribbean and Europe... Ooops. I said too much.
                Was the ORS a non-profit organization? Is there some other reason they would need or want to be financially transparent?

If I really like a store and its goods do I get some sort of right to know it's financial situation? Why would anyone think that?

That's just me, thinking outside of the box.

Back to the original topic, I'd like to thank the ORS team for all the good times, the camaraderie, the fun, and the incredible amount of time and effort they have given to grow the sport and put on the BEST series of tournaments in the NW. I was always in awe of the dedication it took to do that every month for seven months a year, and I was always thankful for all their work.

Comment

Yes, Cal the Ore series is non profit or least they wanted it to appear to be. If the series was a business then that would be a little different. Why no tax forms? Series paid out in cash or prizes that where not documented. Non profit or not these are the rules. If they were so benevolent then they should be saints so publish the books so you can be canonized

Once Again, Sam when you make the same statement it's fact but when I make it it's just absurd

If the thread had said
                  Bellingers are retiring
                  or
                  Ore series has new proprietors
                  or just
                  Thanks for all you have done would have been great

but Ore series donates 80k to DG needs some clarification.
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Cut dEuCeDrOpPeR some slack, it was his/her first post ever.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      Cut dEuCeDrOpPeR some slack, it was his/her first post ever.
                      Who is Deucedropper, anyway? Interesting subject matter for the first post since registering months ago. Deuce - you still there? I like the Homer Simpson pic on your profile.

I was not aware that the ORS was a non-profit organization, hence the questions. How do you get information like that? Do you have to work for the IRS? Because it sounds to me like someone is alleging that crimes have been committed.

Hey - as long as there is no name-calling going on!

Comment

Maybe "Ore series gets T.A.R.P. money" would be the most accurate title

Originally posted by Caloch View Post

I was not aware that the ORS was a non-profit organization, hence the questions. How do you get information like that? Do you have to work for the IRS? Because it sounds to me like someone is alleging that crimes have been committed.

Hey - as long as there is no name-calling going on!
                        Two years ago the ORE series went (or least said they were) non profit. .."Gonna hook up with special Olympics and get tons of sponsors".... Well, non profit is not all it cracked up to be. The sponsorships thing is still hard and you have to keep and show books (financial transparency).

If crimes have been committed they would be swept under the carpet just like last time.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                          Maybe "Ore series gets T.A.R.P. money" would be the most accurate title

Two years ago the ORE series went (or least said they were) non profit. .."Gonna hook up with special Olympics and get tons of sponsors".... Well, non profit is not all it cracked up to be. The sponsorships thing is still hard and you have to keep and show books (financial transparency).

If crimes have been committed they would be swept under the carpet just like last time.
                          Well here's my first post ever in this forum:

Anyone who thinks the ORS was a rip-off but still played in the events lacks either judgment or self-control or both.

Whether the ORS made money or lost money has no impact on my belief that they provided more bang for my entertainment dollar than any organization I have given my dollars to.

I hope they made a lot of money. They earned every last dime (which is probably the sum total of everything they earned).

Comment

I've played tournaments in many different states, the ORS is just a tad notch ahead of everyone else in total package expirience, I thought they should have gotten at least $5 per entry fee towards their work before the 2008 season started.

Comment

$5 a head
                              Ave attendance at Ore series events

Specuation 160 x $5 =$800 per event x 9= $ 7200
                              Actual 160 x $3 = $480 x 9= $4300

God! who would not like that kinda of job espically when the locals do most of the work anyway! The series just shows up with cards and payout. Thats a hell of a deal if you ask me
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X