X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jevon View Post
    Don't panic Jeff! We can talk you through this. Now just calm down and take deep breaths. Do you have any Rescue Remedy? If so, take 4 drops under the tongue. If not, take 6 of these and call me in the morning. Everything will be ok. Hang in there!!!
    Thank you. My panic attack is gradually fading.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I know that the Oregon series has been around since the late 80,s and there has been several groups who have run the series over the years. so their is nothing wrong in keeping the name Oregon series.

I would like to say great job to the bellingers and there crew for doing a great job for running the series and building oregon disc golf. I cant believe there are so many people upset about how much money was made. the series was well run and they sold out there events and it sounds like many people were very happy about the events. since I have been playing many different groups have run disc golf events in the NW and its seems that burn out has happen to all of us but one thing that keeps popping up over the years is the small group of disc golfers who are quick to put down or bitch about how things were done or handled. so this small group of people who bitch should get together and see if they can do any better.

It is wasted time on putting down people who have done great things for the sport. It would be better if everyone focus on how to make the next series better for this year.

P.S. jub you should focus on Washington disc golf and stay out of Oregon if you dont like how things are done down here.
      X - Man

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
        P.S. jub you should focus on Washington disc golf and stay out of Oregon if you dont like how things are done down here.
        Post of the year.

Comment

Yeah now these Questions have been around since the beginning and still they fester and need answers

So Keith answer the questions then:

You were the spearhead for the Ore series at Full Sail correct?
          Did Full Sail provide money either to be paid back or as a donation to get the Ore series started? Which one?
          When Full sail made their money available What was their intent? To support all the sport or just some who were in a position to take advantage of it?

Did FS offer any suggestions on how best to spend the money or was it all left up to the series Coord to decide where, when and how much?

And If assets were acquired who owned them the series or it coord?

My next question goes straight to the heart of the matter

When the current Coord retired (and you said it yourself ...everyone gets burned out)
          Who owned all that had been acquired? series or were they parting gifts?
          rewindb.com

Comment

Wow, man... you just don't know when to quit.

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
            You were the spearhead for the Ore series at Full Sail correct?
            I believe that this is correct. I don't mean to answer for Keith but I believe this is the only question worth answering.

Did Full Sail provide money either to be paid back or as a donation to get the Ore series started? Which one?
            I believe that this would be between Full Sail and the Bellingers. How would it be YOUR business?

When Full sail made their money available What was their intent?
            I believe that this would be between Full Sail and the Bellingers. How would it be YOUR business?

To support all the sport or just some who were in a position to take advantage of it?

Did FS offer any suggestions on how best to spend the money or was it all left up to the series Coord to decide where, when and how much?

And If assets were acquired who owned them the series or it coord?

My next question goes straight to the fart of the matter

When the current Coord retired (and you said it yourself ...everyone gets burned out)
            Who owned all that had been acquired? series or were they parting gifts?

Seriously... was it YOUR money that bought this stuff? If not, guess what Jub? It is none of your damned business and I hope no one ever attempts to answer these questions for you any broader than I have.

Go golf. Get a lobotomy. Have a cup of tea. Whatever it takes for you to just drop this. The Bellingers are gone. You are going to have to find a new enemy now. Maybe if you are lucky this time, you will find one who gives a damn about anything you might have to say.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Perhaps Jub would like to take a stab at trying to fill the "void". He has plenty of time and competence to run what we knew as the ORS and expand upon that foundation...right Jub?
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
                I know that the Oregon series has been around since the late 80,s and there has been several groups who have run the series over the years. so their is nothing wrong in keeping the name Oregon series.

I would like to say great job to the bellingers and there crew for doing a great job for running the series and building oregon disc golf. I cant believe there are so many people upset about how much money was made. the series was well run and they sold out there events and it sounds like many people were very happy about the events. since I have been playing many different groups have run disc golf events in the NW and its seems that burn out has happen to all of us but one thing that keeps popping up over the years is the small group of disc golfers who are quick to put down or bitch about how things were done or handled. so this small group of people who bitch should get together and see if they can do any better.

It is wasted time on putting down people who have done great things for the sport. It would be better if everyone focus on how to make the next series better for this year.
                Damn, this is a great post! Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you on the course more often!
                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

So SAM it seems the Ore series is more like Citicorp and B of A. Each was handed money with no strings attached. So I guess I should be happy at least they said they say they spent some on Disc Golf. If you ask me spending on DG is what Depot does. How many courses has the series put in compared to Depot? This is the same exact thing that happened at SeaTac. FS gave a very unstable person control of the project and now he holds the all of it hostage because he wants to be bought out. And that was for the sport also.

Sam you like to speak of the divides in this sport Right? I believe that things like these because instead of supporting the sport they become personal slush funds. Someone gets a sponsor and either keeps them all to themselves or discovers one I got and pesters them so much they quit donating all together. Like Yoshinos, He was a great sponsor back in 02-03 but the BSF team badgered him so badly he said ..."I don't ever want that woman in my office again"...

My headline for this post "Let them eat cake"
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                    So SAM it seems the Ore series is more like Citicorp and B of A. Each was handed money with no strings attached. So I guess I should be happy at least they said they say they spent some on Disc Golf. If you ask me spending on DG is what Depot does. How many courses has the series put in compared to Depot? This is the same exact thing that happened at SeaTac. FS gave a very unstable person control of the project and now he holds the all of it hostage because he wants to be bought out. And that was for the sport also.

Sam you like to speak of the divides in this sport Right? I believe that things like these because instead of supporting the sport they become personal slush funds. Someone gets a sponsor and either keeps them all to themselves or discovers one I got and pesters them so much they quit donating all together. Like Yoshinos, He was a great sponsor back in 02-03 but the BSF team badgered him so badly he said ..."I don't ever want that woman in my office again"...

My headline for this post "Let them eat cake"
                    Jub,

Seriously. I have to laugh when I read you rambling on about "divides". The only person I consistantly see "dividing" anything around here is YOU. You've got a burr up your ass about the ORS Series and the PDGA and for some reason you just can't seem to STFU about it.

Go and read Keith Shupp's post again. Especially the post-script. It was a thing of art.

Jeff

PS: Now I'm going to go see if I figure out how to put someone on ignorant... err I mean ignore.
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                      PS: Now I'm going to go see if I figure out how to put someone on ignorant... err I mean ignore.
                      I actually have chosen to not activate this on a few different people on the forum. It gives me a laugh when I read the posts that these particular ignorant people post... I just don't respond to them for obvious reasons!
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you, Jeff. I was going to respond but I figured... why bother? It's not like Jub is listening to other posters here and just wants to get his time in up on the soapbox. I figure if he does and no one responds to him, he will grow tired of it and stop. We'll see...
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

This Thread and replies really makes me laugh!

There are only two persons on here who have been involved in an Oregon Series events and a possible third who has initiated it but felt their initiation was enough to define their point. Sounds like those two individuals may be conflicting on the additional funds portion but so be it.

I had this great response worked up and ready to send but I decided not to, until someone who is complaining can provide evidence to support their claim. Do some research and provide real evidence not speculation and then we can talk until then, keep festering!

So here is your given, do the math and then we will see the rest of the story.
                          Oregon Series Fees: $3.00
                          Oregon Series Fees to recoupe travel expenses last year:$2.00
                          Average Attendance at events:varies by year, selling out last 3 years or so
                          Tee Shirts for playing 4 events:???
                          Prizes for Playing all events:???
                          Trophies for End of Year Winners 1st-3rd all divisions:???
                          Payout to Qualifiers all Divisions:???
                          All events were PDGA in the last 4-5 years so you have everything you need

http://www.pdga.com/
                          http://www.orsdiscgolf.com/index.php...id=8&Itemid=71

Oh yeah don't forget these expenses,
                          Website hosting fees
                          Website design
                          Travel Expenses before additional fee
                          Not able to maintain a job and the series!
                          Time invested into the PDGA to help the Northwest!

Also food for thought:
                          Oregon Series = Service provided to TD's, Clubs and Players
                          Disc Golf Depot = Business, intended to make money or offset habit costs
                          Number of post replying to my post with actual data = less than the # of posts complaining.

Oregon Series != Disc Golf Depot .................(!= means Not Equal)
                          Stop comparing the two they perform different functions!!!!!
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

AMEN!!!!

Wow...
                            I choose not to participate in this thread because of all of the backstabbing and speculation!
                            Bottom Line, the oregon series provided a great service. One that, if is not replaced, will be dearly missed. I will now have to travel further and pay more to play in events that are of the quality to which I have become accustomed. I wish that we would stop using this thread to squabble about the past... which none of us can change... and start using it to get present about mourning the loss of the Series and get goal oriented about the future of PDGA disc golf in Oregon.

Thanks for your thoughts Flash...
                            You've always been willing to put your money where your mouth is!

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                              I wish that we would stop using this thread to squabble about the past... which none of us can change... and start using it to get present about mourning the loss of the Series and get goal oriented about the future of PDGA disc golf in Oregon.
                              This thread should be allowed to die an ignoble death and buried in an unmarked grave. I'd start a new thread if you want to discuss a brighter future.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                                You've always been willing to put your money where your mouth is!
                                This is NOT sanitary, however. Plus... you'll eat cocaine!
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X