Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    I like the word series...
    ...and we can have poetry battles to settle any ties.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Move on! The stuff will either find its way into the new series or be replaced by the hundreds of disc golfers that have some of this stuff already. MOVING ON to the next topic, the new name of the series....

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
        ...and we can have poetry battles to settle any ties.
        Never have a poetry battle with a Deaf person, they always win because they can do it in two different languages at once, even when y'all dont understand it, it still looks so beautiful, y'all just standing there with eyes glazed and jaws dropped..

Anyways *drinking coffee*, back to the topic on hand *rereading what i just typed, damn that's cocky, who wrote that... ohh.. ooops*

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
          Because it's a series of tournaments...in Oregon.

(I didn't mean to answer for Scott.)
          Absolutley correct. That is exactly what I was thinking.

I am hopeful that those who take the reigns from the Bellingers (and all others involved) will eventually create a better product - one that will continue to live up to the ORS name.

When a business changes ownership it doesn't necessarily change names. How many "Joes Auto Shop" aren't really owned by Joe - it was the name of the original owner? Ruth's Chris Steakhouse comes to mind as well...

This just came to mind.... The Stumptown Oregon Series..... Or the "(Your Name Here) Oregon Series".

Comment

stumptown is a start, but if i'm correct, that is already a club in northwestern Oregon and that would not be a neutral name... but good brain stroming nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              stumptown is a start, but if i'm correct, that is already a club in northwestern Oregon and that would not be a neutral name... but good brain stroming nevertheless.
              True, but it's likely that whatever entity runs with the series will be a club (that's a lot of work for one or two people) and that club will have geographic ties.

In my mind, "The Stumptown Series" and "The Stumptown Oregon Series" say two different things. The first one implies a series around Portland, and the second one implies a series around Oregon sponsored by Stumptown. Kind of like the "Los Angeles Dodgers of Anehiem.

Comment

I vote to keep it the same,, OREGON SERIES,, lots of things change ownership without changing the name ,,, to me the name represents something,,, it's simple , to the point,, and people around the world have heard of the Oregon Series,,,, why start a new tradition,, we have a good one going now,,, maybe put a sign in the window saying "under new management",,, I think sponsers would also like to keep asociated with the name that has grown to be known,,, we should try to change as little as possible,,,, now about the other sh... being said,,, if they are non-profit (which can easily be found with the actual name of the business) then by law, apon reselution(wish i could spell) they would have had to put on the application form what was to be done with the assets,, you just can't keep them,, if they were not a non-profit business then whatever was donated to the business is thiers,,, the point of them making money or not is irrelivent,,, businesses are supposed to make money,, all this means is someone with the means needs to step up for the sport of disc golf

Comment

how utterly benevolent of them,,,hummm just what is the status of 'donate'...

Originally posted by dEuCeDrOpPeR View Post
                  News is here!
                  I really do value all the work done to run an event: the locals who build and maintain the courses, and provide a TD, the sponsors, the poor individual who GOT the sponsors(like having your teeth pulled) the contributions from the behinds the scenes people, like score cards and putting up temporary courses..etc.etc and of course the PLAYERS who spend the money they earn to gamble on there ability to toss bright plastic with unerring accuracy for two full days!!!
                  Yet I'm confused. I never knew it took SO much time and money to waltz into a location with a trailer that was supposed to be bought from Full Sail seed money and pimp the locals with scripted disc sales???!!! $1428.57 per tournament really contributes to the overall excellence of said event. That really frees up some serious overhead for awards, lunches, and an over 100% payout. It is these kinda sacrifices that make the world a better place. Thats like 10.00 per player in a 144 player field and that is some serious contribution!! Especially in a field of 72!! 20.00 bucks a player. Hell yes!!!! I really am sorry I missed all that!!! And I have alot of respect for those who sacrificed so much for so long, just so we can have fun!!!

Comment

just read i great idea posted why i was posting ''''''''(sponser of the series) '''''' oregon series, has any of the powers to be tried to sell the series sponshership title,,, Inova Oregon Series,, something more local,,,Fred Meyer Oregon Series,,, Full Sail Oregon Series,,

Comment

Originally posted by discojango View Post
                      Yet I'm confused. I never knew it took SO much time and money to waltz into a location with a trailer that was supposed to be bought from Full Sail seed money and pimp the locals with scripted disc sales???!!!
                      Waltz into a location.

Spoken like someone who has never had anything to do with running a tournament ever. It's more like a cha-cha, anyway.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Shut up and throw ... all of ya
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Come on sam it's "river dance"
                          rewindb.com

Comment

This whole thread has gotten ridiculous. The fact that the single greatest contributors to disc golf tournaments in Oregon are being maligned by some yokels who seem to have a hard time stringing a couple of coherent thoughts together is laughable at best and pathetic at its core. Nothing could better illustrate the rift in our community. The Bellingers, maintaining the class that they have always had, are staying out of it - just like they did when confronted with the unwarranted maligning they have received from a certain Depot over the years. Good on them. Shame on those who sit here when it is all over and have the gall to malign good people.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Oh my... I agree with 100% of a Sam post. I'm not really sure how I feel about this.

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              This whole thread has gotten ridiculous. The fact that the single greatest contributors to disc golf tournaments in Oregon are being maligned by some yokels who seem to have a hard time stringing a couple of coherent thoughts together is laughable at best and pathetic at its core. Nothing could better illustrate the rift in our community. The Bellingers, maintaining the class that they have always had, are staying out of it - just like they did when confronted with the unwarranted maligning they have received from a certain Depot over the years. Good on them. Shame on those who sit here when it is all over and have the gall to malign good people.
                              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                                Oh my... I agree with 100% of a Sam post. I'm not really sure how I feel about this.
                                Don't panic Jeff! We can talk you through this. Now just calm down and take deep breaths. Do you have any Rescue Remedy? If so, take 4 drops under the tongue. If not, take 6 of these and call me in the morning. Everything will be ok. Hang in there!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X