X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
    Perhaps neither you nor I can read the mind of the writers and you've simply misunderstood their statement?
    Perhaps their statement referred to the cost of supplies, infrastructure, gas, lodging, food, loss of salary due to time off... $10k seems like a reasonable statement to me.

Did they not provide you with enough information? Why in the world should they?

Those 10+ calls are a drop in the bucket compared to the HUNDREDS of DGers that have been happy with the ORS.

Since Magilla has said he's more about the future than arguing about the past...
    PLEASE let us all know what efforts are being made to see the events that were the Oregon Series remain in some way consistent in excellence?
    Or, be honest, will this year be a serious clusterfuck and it will be all TDs for themselves?

Isn't there a local organization that could easily absorb the work of running a series?
    Wes I base my thoughts on the fact that Ive run 100's of tournaments (50+PDGA) and I know EXACTLY what the costs are.........

As far as the Series........

The actual RUNNING of the events isnt the issue...It's being able to put on a similar "Show"
    Without the assets of the "Series" ie Tents, Tables, Sound System, Scoreboards, Computers,etc. it WILL be different.
    The TD's themselves are more than capable of running the events, Heck the GNW Open will be just about the same seeing as they are traveling there to Merch for Tom AND honor old scrip so they can close the books.

Comment

So, we've agreed to disagree?
      I feel like I'm sitting in front of Clinton, trying to define "costs" for him/you.
      "and I know EXACTLY what the costs are........."
      It's all semantics.
      "Without the assets of the "Series" ie Tents, Tables, Sound System, Scoreboards, Computers,etc. it WILL be different."
      Those items are free! By your logic they must be.
      Your posts show an obvious predisposition to malign the ORS.
      Why is that?
      Or simply state your real issue here. After just a couple posts from you I feel I can probably guess your real issue, but I won't take your statements out of context and stupidly put words in your mouth.

Snap,
      I'll take that smack in the head! You should bring some extras for my forum friends! See you at BSF. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
        So, we've agreed to disagree?
        I feel like I'm sitting in front of Clinton, trying to define "costs" for him/you.
        "and I know EXACTLY what the costs are........."
        It's all semantics.
        "Without the assets of the "Series" ie Tents, Tables, Sound System, Scoreboards, Computers,etc. it WILL be different."
        Those items are free! By your logic they must be.
        Your posts show an obvious predisposition to malign the ORS.
        Why is that?
        Or simply state your real issue here. After just a couple posts from you I feel I can probably guess your real issue, but I won't take your statements out of context and stupidly put words in your mouth.

Snap,
        I'll take that smack in the head! You should bring some extras for my forum friends! See you at BSF. I hope.
        Where or HOW have I attempted to "Malign" the ORS, Wes?

I have only attempted to work with them to grow this sport in ways that I have proven will work. I have given them praise about ALL they have done for Oregon Disc Golf and because I question something, I am the bad guy?
        Is this China? Are you a Commie? Better watch out..McCarthy could still be watching...

Anybody have any ideas for the NEW name of our Series?

Comment

I went back to read the message that was left to us by the ORS, and i find it almost perfect and find nothing to be digested as far as some have taken it... Just remember, anyone I smack with my ROC cannot retaliate because i'm handicapped and i SIGNED "FOUR", so I did my part before the ROC hits ya...

Oh yeah, here's a great idea for a name, "Oregon Series".. no point in changing something good....

Comment

Oregon Tour

Really. I take it to mean "We made X (and we are not telling you how big the X is because why should we?) and from that X, we spent about $10,000 per year on the costs of running the series." I really fail to see the problem with this.

"Not pulling a dime out of the series." I take this to mean that of the purse, they took none. I know the two events I was directly involved with, they took money for laminating but that is a valid expense that shouldn't be absorbed by them. And that was it. The rest went to payouts and expenses. Period.

I understand that this will leave people questioning how big X is. I encourage the Bellingers to maintain their position of "not telling you because it is none of your business" and allow the speculators to speculate. They will no matter what answers are provided to them.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
              Anybody have any ideas for the NEW name of our Series?
              OSS=Oregon Summer Series

Bob

Comment

Magilla- OK.

I vote for

Oregon Series

unless the people that used the name previously object.
                Last edited by Wes Hansen; February 25th, 2009, 06:54 PM. Reason: a space arbitrarily added so that I could use edit feature again

Comment

It's the Oregon Series.

Comment

Why, Scott?
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Oregon Tour

Really. I take it to mean "We made X (and we are not telling you how big the X is because why should we?) and from that X, we spent about $10,000 per year on the costs of running the series." I really fail to see the problem with this.

"Not pulling a dime out of the series." I take this to mean that of the purse, they took none. I know the two events I was directly involved with, they took money for laminating but that is a valid expense that shouldn't be absorbed by them. And that was it. The rest went to payouts and expenses. Period.

I understand that this will leave people questioning how big X is. I encourage the Bellingers to maintain their position of "not telling you because it is none of your business" and allow the speculators to speculate. They will no matter what answers are provided to them.
                      I read the statement the same way. You know what is BULLSHIT!? Someone with an axe to grind posting that the ORS said they made a "donation". It seems that there are so many old grudges in our scene, finger pointing, rumors, etc. And SO many of us know nothing about some five-ten year old problem and frankly don't give a shit. We go to tournaments and we decide if we had a good time, if the TD was nice or a jerk, and if it was worth it enough for us to come back.

Too bad we've got some people stuck in the past and looking to just cause problems.

And I vote for "Oregon Tour" as I'd say the name "Oregon Series" is clearly someone else's creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Why, Scott?
                        Because it's a series of tournaments...in Oregon.

(I didn't mean to answer for Scott.)
                        Last edited by all2common; February 25th, 2009, 09:05 PM. Reason: Realized I'd answered for Scott
                        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Yes.. but as Caloch has already pointed out, the Oregon Series is someone else's creation. What will follow might be a series of tournaments in Oregon but it will not be the Oregon Series. Not in my mind, anyway.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I like the word series... i do see the point of leaving "oregon series" alone and leaving that to be respected for what it was. how about "The Beaver State Series", since the BSF is the signature event of the series?

Comment

As far as the Series........

The actual RUNNING of the events isn't the issue...It's being able to put on a similar "Show"
                              Without the assets of the "Series" IE Tents, Tables, Sound System, Scoreboards, Computers,etc. .
                              I have have a serious problems with this statement. In the beginning It was my understanding that all the Ore series stuff, trailer, Tents scoreboards were originally purchased with seed money from Full Sail. it was my impression that FS gave the money to support DG in Ore not the Bellingers personal ownership. So WTF is going on. Maybe Mags is right thinking Ore DG are too stoned/drunk to notice or even care. If they do retain possession of these goods that's one hell of a parting gift or they found a way to recoop 20k of their supposed 80k.

The TD's themselves are more than capable of running the events, Heck the GNW Open will be just about the same seeing as they are traveling there to Merch for Tom AND honor old scrip so they can close the books.
                              So there are books, then Lets see them!!!

If the books show that the series coord. did donate/lose (whatever you want to call it) 80k and It can be verified I will quit posting on this site. Is that good enough for you wus?
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Jub, here's a hard and fast rule for you.

If it is your understanding, start over because you are probably wrong.

Good luck.
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X