X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Only this past year was this the case. The previous years, they paid for these expenses out of pocket.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if they started that last year or the year before, so I erred on the conservative side.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      I don't understand what the brouhaha is. What if they HAD made a lot of money?

Seems to me they were providing a well-liked service at a fair price (I assume it was a fair price, since the events sold out, yes?). They can do anything they want with the money, as long as they haven't made promises they didn't keep.

If you pay a climbing gym for a rock-climbing session, do you demand to see their books afterwards so you can see where the money went?
      EXACTAMUNDO!!!!

I know I and presumably many of the other ORS participants would have paid MORE to kep the series running. The value for my money was outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
        Well, I can say for one thing...It aint me

BUT, I suppose I can "chime in" on my thoughts as to why this thread was started......

Im pretty sure that "Duecedropper" is taking issue to the statement that the ORS staff has put approx $10,000 per yr out of its own pocket to run the Series, with out taking a dime, except for the past 2 yrs.

It makes it sound like they were OUT $10,000 a year......
        to that "dueceDropper" & I (and others) call "BULLSHIT".

They might have well just told ALL Oregon DiscGolfers that we were a bunch of Morons that cant think or do any kind of Math.
        (except JubJub he STILL cant do Math)

To ME this really sucks to feel this way...I personally like EVERYONE that has been involved with running the Oregon Series. Without them Oregon Disc Golf would not be where it is right now. I can fully except that they are "tired" and wish to do other things..BURN OUT happens. But ONE paragraph in the Series statement can be done without........

Ive tried to NOT get into the debates online....BUT Rumors fly...

Well then maybe deucedropper should have just said what he was thinking....

Comment

I can't believe people still argue with JubJub. At every turn he's demonstrated a willful disregard for facts and generally tried to create a negative impact on every thing he touches.

The Oregon Series events were among the best this country has to offer. Every member of the ORS crew, local TDs... deserves the gratitude of every player that came to an event.

I HOPE that the Bellingers and anyone else involved made some money. They deserve whatever profits they were able to earn. I wish it were more. At least enough to have kept them going.

This loss will set back DG in Oregon, at least for a year.

To those that entered ORS events, like JubJub, and then try to create animosity through badmouthing them... you are hypocrites of the worst order. Go away.

Wouldn't this entire forum be a better place if the powers that be simply removed Jub Jub from this site?

Comment

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that he should be kicked off.
            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

If JubJub were removed without provocation, we would be ODSA all over again. Hell, we would be JubJub at ODSA all over again. I think not.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that he should be kicked off.
                Yeah, that just guaranteed another six months of "I'm being censored" and conspiracy whining. Unless someone violates the rules I don't see any reason for banning. A person who has crapped themselves in public is certainly given the right to repeatedly proclaim the presence of the self-inflicted dooky without being exiled. Theoretically speaking of course.
                Last edited by Matt B.; February 25th, 2009, 03:36 PM. Reason: I'm anal. (In a good way)

Comment

Hey Magilla,
                  Why read things the way Jub Jub does?
                  I read that statement and, having a brain, understood what they were saying.
                  Sort of like your "bullshit" statement. Or implying that the ORS was calling DGers morons.
                  That was just you trying to stir crap right?
                  Aren't you the PDGA rep for OR? (Tell me no, so I don't have to vote against you next time.)
                  That's not the kind of representation we need right now.

Comment

OK- fine. He shouldn't be banned. i just like to think of him that way.
                    Now, back to how evil the Bellingers are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      It's funny. I can barely see Jerry Miller's lips moving when JubJub posts.
                      Dude?!? you deserve to be punched in the mouth.

not a threat, just a thought.

Comment

I see. So your hero can badmouth others but others badmouthing him and they deserve a punch in the mouth. Perfect Jerry Miller logic.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sean,
                          You are not the first person to have that thought!
                          Frankly, I think Sam takes pride, much as I do, that his words have that power.
                          Particularly when the words have enough truth in them (I'm NOT talking about this instance, perhaps) that it tends to piss off people.
                          I also don't envy your position as a friend of someone who gets so much crap here.
                          (I HOPE you know I'm talking about JM. I've always thought you were too sane to be JJs friend. Please don't tell me I'm wrong.)

Sam,
                          We wouldn't be where we are today if we hadn't felt like punching each other in the mouth at least once! I think maybe you and Sean will be friends one day.

ALL,
                          So- are all sane people here agreed on the gist of the thread?
                          The ORS is no more.
                          People can read the ORS statement in differing ways.
                          Every player who played in an ORS event is richer for it and, by it's presence, ORS has contributed to the overall advancement of DG in Oregon.
                          That some people have so little concept of business they misguidedly believe products and services should be free. Or at least free to them.
                          That idiots can be found more easily than intelligent people.

What else have we learned?

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                            Hey Magilla,
                            Why read things the way Jub Jub does?
                            I read that statement and, having a brain, understood what they were saying.
                            Sort of like your "bullshit" statement. Or implying that the ORS was calling DGers morons.
                            That was just you trying to stir crap right?
                            Aren't you the PDGA rep for OR? (Tell me no, so I don't have to vote against you next time.)
                            That's not the kind of representation we need right now.

"....spending ~$10k yearly to run the Series (out of our own pockets), and not pulling a dime out of the Series for personal payment other than to cover minimal travel expenses the last year or so,...."

Ok so here is the EXACT quote from the ORS site....

What does of "out of our own pockets" & "Not pulling a dime out of the Series.." say to you??
                            Im am NOT saying NOR have I ever said that they are not entitled to make $ off of what they do/did. There is nothing wrong with it.

Maybe, It took $10000 of our own money to purchase all the Merch we sell at each event & cover costs to attend...would eliminate the 10+ phone calls Ive recieved since they posted that statement.

I had no intention of taking this any further than moving on, dealing with it the best we can AND keep the Series running.

People here asked for further clairification....I just gave it.

Comment

Perhaps neither you nor I can read the mind of the writers and you've simply misunderstood their statement?
                              Perhaps their statement referred to the cost of supplies, infrastructure, gas, lodging, food, loss of salary due to time off... $10k seems like a reasonable statement to me.

Did they not provide you with enough information? Why in the world should they?

Those 10+ calls are a drop in the bucket compared to the HUNDREDS of DGers that have been happy with the ORS.

Since Magilla has said he's more about the future than arguing about the past...
                              PLEASE let us all know what efforts are being made to see the events that were the Oregon Series remain in some way consistent in excellence?
                              Or, be honest, will this year be a serious clusterfuck and it will be all TDs for themselves?

Isn't there a local organization that could easily absorb the work of running a series?

Comment

Through the ORS, we have all learned what it is like to be part of a top quality tournament. Many of us have taken that expirience and knowledge and applied it to our own tournaments like the ODDGA. Thanks to the ORS, the ODDGA has improved it's tournament quality threefold. No BS neccessary, the ORS walked the talk, period.
                                Now let's take all the good we can out of this and apply it to our 2009 "ORS" tournaments. Leave the negative skeptism BS out of this. If I wanted to listen to BS, i would watch the news... Which I never do because they can never talk about anything positive longer than it takes me to eat an M&M. I'll be there for BSF, don't make me smack you on the head with my ROC.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X