X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A second thought Average entry fee for Ore series was say

$40 - $3 (TD fee per head). -$4 (to PDGA fee's) - $2 (ace pot that carries over), - $15 PP (includes crap trophies). So whats left for "over valued payout" $40 - $24 is a whopping $16 per player ( on average)

My question is Was the $10k/year donation before or after the $480/event payments
    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      $5 a head
      Ave attendance at Ore series events

Specuation 160 x $5 =$800 per event x 9= $ 7200
      Actual 160 x $3 = $480 x 9= $4300

God! who would not like that kinda of job espically when the locals do most of the work anyway! The series just shows up with cards and payout. Thats a hell of a deal if you ask me
      Have you ever attended an Oregon Series event? I think anyone who has would understand that a HELL of a lot of effort goes into them. Sponsorships, course cleanup (might be done by locals, but someone is organizing those work parties), fundraising tournaments, setting up tourney central, staffing tourney central.... I could go on and on and on.... They do a lot more than show up and collect their money.

Comment

Website operation, Fliers, registration, communicating, must spend one full weekend for 7 months straight plus 2-4 fundraiser tournaments. Traveling, pulling the trailer and much more... Even at $7200 split several ways for 7 tournaments x 3 days = 21 days minimum at tournament central running tournaments. Who will operate the trailer/goods and the money now... care to donate to ODDGA?

Comment

Jub,

As someone who has watched, participated and very much appreciated the immense efforts of the ORS series staff, I am disgusted by your never ending criticisms. Year after year, the ORS series staff put in hours of work to bring us all the most professionally run tournaments I have ever participated in. To have you sit here and call to question their motivation is, in my opinion, a joke. If you think the ORS series staff was getting rich off these tournaments I think you as sorely mistaken.

Yes, the subject line of this thread could have been a bit clearer, but rather than clarify the subject line, once again, you took the opportunity to bad mouth some of the most dedicated advocates of disc golf in our area. I have nothing but good things to say about the ORS staff and Bellingers in particular.

Jeff H

A second thought Average entry fee for Ore series was say

$40 - $3 (TD fee per head). -$4 (to PDGA fee's) - $2 (ace pot that carries over), - $15 PP (includes crap trophies). So whats left for "over valued payout" $40 - $24 is a whopping $16 per player ( on average)

My question is Was the $10k/year donation before or after the $480/event payments
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            Jub,

As someone who has watched, participated and very much appreciated the immense efforts of the ORS series staff, I am disgusted by your never ending criticisms. Year after year, the ORS series staff put in hours of work to bring us all the most professionally run tournaments I have ever participated in. To have you sit here and call to question their motivation is, in my opinion, a joke. If you think the ORS series staff was getting rich off these tournaments I think you as sorely mistaken.

Yes, the subject line of this thread could have been a bit clearer, but rather than clarify the subject line, once again, you took the opportunity to bad mouth some of the most dedicated advocates of disc golf in our area. I have nothing but good things to say about the ORS staff and Bellingers in particular.

Jeff H
            Jeff, I actually did suggest several alternate titles for this thread. If it had been (like I suggested) "Thanks for all you have done..." then I would not have had any qualms about the thread. But to offer up such a claim without records seems like glad handing.

Efforts made

Most of the posts about how much Time and Effort goes into running an event were done by "the locals". There sweat and effort make the event.

You do offer some interesting questions though.

If the series coordinator's get some sort of compensation is the actual TD also considered as Series staff for that weekend?

Does sponsorship money come from series sponsors go to club? and conversely does local sponsorship money go back to series?

In other words
            Does series keep all it's sponsor money or share it with events?
            and Does series get a cut of the Local sponsorship?

Yet Another Question
            What does the club/course receive form the series as compensation for hosting the event?
            rewindb.com

Comment

Jub,

Jeff H

Nice to see some others chime in here so I don't have to get accused of "attacking" a chronic negative naysayer and conspiracy theorist disc golf cop. As far as the subject line, I'll ask it again : deucedropper, are you out there? One post since you registered 6 months ago and this is it? You sure set someone up well to attack people who had nothing to do with the post - and they are taking full advantage of it.

Attacking the subject line and using it as an excuse to spew utter crap is really lame. I wish the ORS staff had made a ton of money - they freakin' earned it! Worth every goddamn penny and then some! You think gas is free? Series t-shirts, trophies, scoring, website. Sweet hoodies, jackets for people who played all events.

Some people are jealous and negative and carrying loooong held grudges. You can say I'm a name-caller all you want, but the kind of unfounded accusations and criticism aimed at the ORS that gets spewed is astounding!

The ORS was the best thing to happen to sanctioned tournament disc golf in the PNW, and I am sorely sad to see it go! THANK YOU Cris and Teresa, Todd, Tom, Flash, Greg and EVERYONE on the local level who ran events, sponsored events, helped out and played. We can only pull together and hope we can keep things moving at the high level we have become accustomed to. One thing is for sure - some people will always run their mouths about other peoples events.

Comment

I'd change the title of the thread if I fully understood exactly what it's supposed to mean.

By the way, the mods can see the identity of "DeuceDropper"; it's someone active in the Oregon disc golf scene, not just some random schmoe.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Everyone can say what they will, what I will say is that I played in a few ORS events and they were all run professionally. All the other talk, well talk is cheap folks, you think it was done wrong, or could be done better ... show me
                  educate your thinking

Comment

And actually... DeuceDropper has been a TD of Oregon Series events... in Bend. That should probably give it away sufficiently.

It's funny. I can barely see Jerry Miller's lips moving when JubJub posts.

At the risk of inspiring him to respond again, Jub... in your mathematics... what does the 9 represent? Number of events? I have to tell you... your argument would be stronger if you got your facts right. Not strong, mind you... but stronger, anyway.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      And actually... DeuceDropper has been a TD of Oregon Series events... in Bend. That should probably give it away sufficiently.

At the risk of inspiring him to respond again, Jub... in your mathematics... what does the 9 represent? Number of events? I have to tell you... your argument would be stronger if you got your facts right. Not strong, mind you... but stronger, anyway.
                      "And actually... DeuceDropper has been a TD of Oregon Series events... in Bend. That should probably give it away sufficiently."

Ok. See, now I'm seeing conspiracies too! Ahh, it's catching!

Comment

Jeff, I actually did suggest several alternate titles for this thread. If it had been (like I suggested) "Thanks for all you have done..." then I would not have had any qualms about the thread. But to offer up such a claim without records seems like glad handing.

Efforts made

Most of the posts about how much Time and Effort goes into running an event were done by "the locals". There sweat and effort make the event.

You do offer some interesting questions though.

If the series coordinator's get some sort of compensation is the actual TD also considered as Series staff for that weekend?

Does sponsorship money come from series sponsors go to club? and conversely does local sponsorship money go back to series?

In other words
                        Does series keep all it's sponsor money or share it with events?
                        and Does series get a cut of the Local sponsorship?

Yet Another Question
                        What does the club/course receive form the series as compensation for hosting the event?

It is my understanding that:

The ORS Series was compensated for their direct expenses. (ie: travel).

The event TDs do thier own fund raising and that money stays within that specific event.

The only money the series collected from the events was a couple of bucks per entry for the series final points awards.

Yes, the local TDs put in a ton of work and it is their hard work that make each and every event a good one. However, it was the ORS series umbrella of organization that transformed those already good events into truly great ones.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

The ORS Series was compensated for their direct expenses. (ie: travel).
                          Only this past year was this the case. The previous years, they paid for these expenses out of pocket.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I don't understand what the brouhaha is. What if they HAD made a lot of money?

Seems to me they were providing a well-liked service at a fair price (I assume it was a fair price, since the events sold out, yes?). They can do anything they want with the money, as long as they haven't made promises they didn't keep.

If you pay a climbing gym for a rock-climbing session, do you demand to see their books afterwards so you can see where the money went?
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Well, I can say for one thing...It aint me

BUT, I suppose I can "chime in" on my thoughts as to why this thread was started......

Im pretty sure that "Duecedropper" is taking issue to the statement that the ORS staff has put approx $10,000 per yr out of its own pocket to run the Series, with out taking a dime, except for the past 2 yrs.

It makes it sound like they were OUT $10,000 a year......
                              to that "dueceDropper" & I (and others) call "BULLSHIT".

They might have well just told ALL Oregon DiscGolfers that we were a bunch of Morons that cant think or do any kind of Math.
                              (except JubJub he STILL cant do Math)

To ME this really sucks to feel this way...I personally like EVERYONE that has been involved with running the Oregon Series. Without them Oregon Disc Golf would not be where it is right now. I can fully except that they are "tired" and wish to do other things..BURN OUT happens. But ONE paragraph in the Series statement can be done without........

Ive tried to NOT get into the debates online....BUT Rumors fly...

Comment

Thinking about it, I don't think that I read it as "we made no money and even put $10,000 of our own money back in." I read it as, "we made some money and, of that money, we put $10,000 per year back in."

I am having a hard time comprehending why we should want our TDs and series coordinators to not make any money. Do we not want these people who are organizers to stick around to organize stuff for us to do? Seems pretty counter-intuitive to me.
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X