State of Jefferson FlipOut League Finals October 13 & 14 @ Whisters Bend Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Jefferson FlipOut League Finals October 13 & 14 @ Whisters Bend

SOJ finals, you don't need to qualify everyone is welcome!!!!

SOJ has teamed up with Gateway Education of the Wild Rivers Coast to bring you our final tourney this year to raise money to get youth golfing.

Funds raised this year will be used to provide clinics and a tourney at Whistlers Bend for youth next summer.

When: October 13 & 14, 2012
    Where: Whistlers Bend DGC
    Cost:$30 includes group camping & Ace Pot
    Format: 1 round of 27 holes each Saturday and Sunday of random flip doubles action. The top 3rd of the field will then flip out & play a Final Safari 9 for cash pay out.

Players meeting, FlipOut, & hole assignments @ 9:30
    Tee Off @ 10:00 am

Come on out and become part of "Disc Golfers Doing Good Deeds Through the Power of Random Flip Doubles Action & Adventure." Join us for a fun time and great cause.

Namaste,

Big Al

Will the course be open to the public?

Comment

Originally posted by ned.blaze View Post
      Will the course be open to the public?
      Sorry Ned, course will only be open to those golfing in the tourney.

Namaste,

Big Al

Comment

27 hole layout confirmed

I confirmed the 9 extra holes with county today. We will be playing one round of 27 holes each day & a final safari 9 with the top eight Golfers for cash. We will need extra baskets so let me know if you can bring any.

Namaste,

Big Al

Comment

RSVP

We'd like to get an approximate head count so please reply back to this forum if you are planning to attend.

Namaste,

Big Al

Comment

I will definately do my best to be there!!

Comment

Hoping that the weather holds out for one more week. Pray for sun

Comment

Raffle tickets

We are getting some great items for the raffle. Make sure to bring some extra cash to buy tickets.
                $1 each or 6 for $5

Comment

Whistlers

I am bringing down 3 total from Portland. I will have a metal basket with me.

Comment

30% chance of rain Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Bring the rain gear just incase.

Comment

Originally posted by *freeskier View Post
                      I am bringing down 3 total from Portland. I will have a metal basket with me.
                      Sweet. Thanks for the RSVP. See you there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigal View Post
                        SOJ finals, you don't need to qualify everyone is welcome!!!!

SOJ has teamed up with Gateway Education of the Wild Rivers Coast to bring you our final tourney this year to raise money to get youth golfing.

Funds raised this year will be used to provide clinics and a tourney at Whistlers Bend for youth next summer.

When: October 13 & 14, 2012
                        Where: Whistlers Bend DGC
                        Cost:$30 includes group camping & Ace Pot
                        Format: 1 round of 27 holes each Saturday and Sunday of random flip doubles action. The top 3rd of the field will then flip out & play a Final Safari 9 for cash pay out.

Players meeting, FlipOut, & hole assignments @ 9:30
                        Tee Off @ 10:00 am

Come on out and become part of "Disc Golfers Doing Good Deeds Through the Power of Random Flip Doubles Action & Adventure." Join us for a fun time and great cause.

Namaste,

Big Al

Big Al,

A couple of quick questions...

1) Will we be flipping out each day, or will we have the same partner all weekend?

2) Is there a final 9 each day, or just on Sunday?

3) The $30 is for both days, correct?

4) Got room for a couple more Portlanders?

Jeff
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                          Big Al,

A couple of quick questions...

1) Will we be flipping out each day, or will we have the same partner all weekend?

2) Is there a final 9 each day, or just on Sunday?

3) The $30 is for both days, correct?

4) Got room for a couple more Portlanders?

Jeff
                          Jeff, yes flip each round, then final 9 sunday will be flip again. Just final 9 sunday, Yes 30 for the whole thing, and yes there is always room for you. I know im not big Al. But someday, maybe i could be half the football coach he is

Comment

I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to Big Al and all of the other State of Jefferson folks for putting on such a great event. Initially Ryan and I were simply looking to chase the sun for a weekend, but what we ended up with was a super-cool event on a beautiful weekend at Whistler's Bend. It was great I got a chance to play that last doubles round with the TD (Big Al) and even better that we CRUSHED IT!!! (Well, except for Gwillim & Mo team who we tied with!). Oh yeah.... and the final 9 was a riot.

Thanks again everyone. What a great weekend!
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                              I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to Big Al and all of the other State of Jefferson folks for putting on such a great event. Initially Ryan and I were simply looking to chase the sun for a weekend, but what we ended up with was a super-cool event on a beautiful weekend at Whistler's Bend. It was great I got a chance to play that last doubles round with the TD (Big Al) and even better that we CRUSHED IT!!! (Well, except for Gwillim & Mo team who we tied with!). Oh yeah.... and the final 9 was a riot.

Thanks again everyone. What a great weekend!
                              Thank you Jeff. So glad you came down & had a great time. Hope to see you next year.

Namaste,

Al

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X