• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Driving Workshop Driving with Dion - Sat. 11/3

Driving With Dion

Saturday Nov 3rd 9am Byant Park.

Advanced Driving Workshop Presented By Tiger Disc's & Pac-West DGA

This clinic will be taught by Dion Arlyn Disc Golf Pro & 2010 World Distance Champion. Dion will show how he reaches for long accurate drives and critique your form to help you get additional distance on your drives. HD Video of your form will be provided to you after the clinic.

Time: 9am
    Location: Bryant DGC, Albany Or http://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Bryant_Park
    Cost: $20
    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/P..._Golf_Alliance
    Last edited by Rooster; September 24th, 2012, 07:01 AM.

Looking forward to the clinic! My hopes are we have a great turn out

I'll be including some extra discs and prizes for the folks who attend, my aim is to have everyone leave the clinic happy!
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

I'd love to attend just a little far to travel from Spokane.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

That is a cool idea Jason & Dion. The video is going to be super helpful. What frame rate will you guys be able to shoot at?
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Why do all these cool events happen early on Saturday's? I work early Saturdays and can never attend. This sounds cool too!!

Comment

Dear Mcw5378,

Check in on Pac-West Disc Golf Alliance at Disc Golf Scene for upcoming clinics. I have half a dozen Workshops scheduled thru Dec 2012. Some are weekday afternoons. These workshops will consist of 6-10 people per workshop, so the workshops will not be over populated.

The video will be HD Digital and depending on the video cpu program you use, it should provide 60 frames per minute. Videos will be emailed following the workshop and include before and after video.

I just confirmed today the addition of Chris Becker of Eugene to my list of Workshop Instructors.

These workshops stem from my frustration over the past 4yrs of playing disc golf and not improving much. This past summer I had the pleasure to meet and play league rounds with Shane Waters during Keizer Rapids "Hot Shots!” Handicap League. After watching Shane play and gleaning a few tips from him, my game started to improve by leaps and bounds. Later this summer a buddy called me at 9am asking me to get a Nate Sexton Putting Workshop together, by noon I had a clinic scheduled. This was my first experience participating in a workshop. From this one Sexton workshop my putting within 30’ went from 75% to 90%+. Now, I have random people comment on how smooth my putting looks. I feel that I wasted my first few years by trying to self improve my game when with a little instruction I could be much further then I am now. I have spent many hundreds of dollar$$$ on discs trying to gain just another 20' . $20 is a steal for the knowledge these guys are sharing.

We have a wealth of talent in the Northwest and I look forward to tapping into it to improve the quality of players coming out of Northwest.

I come from a background of a Corporate CPR and Safety Trainer… So promoting workshops falls squarely into my wheelhouse.

We will be promoting ALL levels of skill in upcoming clinics.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Hows the attendance for this looking? I hope to teach a good group of folks and help improve the distance of everyone who shows up!

I guarantee if you come to the seminar you will learn something that can make you throw further!
                Team DISCRAFT
                NW Sign Up
                Gorilla Boy
                Paragon Disc Golf
                Odwalla

Comment

I might have to see if I can change my work schedule to make this one.
                  Just sucks that its the busy time of year for us, might be too hard to do.

Comment

I think Randy's planning on going, even though he hasn't signed up yet. I know that he'd love to add some distance to his drive, and he has enough of a basic drive to be able to get something out of an advanced workshop. I'll make sure he signs up soon so you can get an accurate count.

Comment

soooooo tempted. I feel like I've hit a huge plateau lately and am struggling to find something to give me that extra push. It would just mean two trips over the mountains in two weeks. ugh.

Comment

UPDATE: Driving with Dion workshop is full... Dion has offered to do another workshop at 11am 11/03/12 with enough intrest. Let me know if you would like to attend this workshop.

Just to clarify these workshops have a max attendance of 7 people per workshop.

Jason

Comment

Sounds like we will have a two full turnouts this weekend! Awesome!

If you are attending please bring the following:

Lots of drivers (10-12) Of similar speed and stability. These ought to be drivers that you get maximum distance out of.

A towel (preferably large enough to simulate the throwing motion and get good resistance)

and whatever relevant disc golf gear you might want to have on hand.

We are going to be discussing primarily how to increase distance and my hopes is that everyone gets at least two dozen reps in during the clinic

See you Saturday!
                          Team DISCRAFT
                          NW Sign Up
                          Gorilla Boy
                          Paragon Disc Golf
                          Odwalla

Comment

Randy got the session at 11, but would prefer the session at 9, if anyone would like to switch. Let me know if anyone would like to be in the later session.

Comment

I am stoked! This clinic is going to be AWESOME!!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X