X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United States Women's Disc Golf Championships 2013

I just got through with the summit and I am so happy that Portland is having not 1 but 2 PDGA majors. I am very happy to get that voted through. I will be back in Oregon tomorrow night.

On a side note, I am getting started to put things in motion and the first thing I need is a cool logo.

So I'm asking all artists to submit artwork. I'm looking for an up to date, cool, and vibrant logo for the USWDGC. I would love for this logo to be from someone local but if I don't get any submissions--I will start looking elsewhere. Let me know if you have any questions......

Submit your artwork to rduffy@pdga.com

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    PDGA President

Rebecca can you provide example of past logo's and maybe some things you did or did not like about them?
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by flash View Post
      rebecca can you provide example of past logo's and maybe some things you did or did not like about them?

Here are some examples of the logos for the past 4 years. I will let Rebecca get on here, and comment on what she likes & dislikes for each logo.

I personally think the 2011 logo looks the best on a disc. I also like how they incorporated their state in the design. It would be cool to have Oregon or the Pacific NW Oregon & Washington incorporated in the design somehow.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Rebecca can you provide example of past logo's and maybe some things you did or did not like about them?
        I would like something fresh and new........no flowers, butterflies, or bows.
        It has been over done.
        The logo would go on sponsorship packages , letterhead, and possibly shirts so it needs to be pretty " kick ass". (sorry)

There would also need to be artwork for a CFR so that's a whole new piece of artwork.

I think the logo needs to have USWDGC spelled out because people outside the sport wouldn't know what USWDGC is. I like the past logos (kind of) but they look similar and nothing stands out. This is gonna be the biggest one yet and I just want everything to have a " cool factor".

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks,

Rebecca
        PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
          I would like something fresh and new........no flowers, butterflies, or bows.
          It has been over done.
          The logo would go on sponsorship packages , letterhead, and possibly shirts so it needs to be pretty " kick ass". (sorry)

There would also need to be artwork for a CFR so that's a whole new piece of artwork.

I think the logo needs to have USWDGC spelled out because people outside the sport wouldn't know what USWDGC is. I like the past logos (kind of) but they look similar and nothing stands out. This is gonna be the biggest one yet and I just want everything to have a " cool factor".

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks,

Rebecca
          It also needs to say 2013 PDGA USWDGC.
          PDGA President

Comment

Where will it be in Oregon?

Comment

Originally posted by HerbalTee View Post
              Where will it be in Oregon?

Blue Lake will be our main course.
              PDGA President

Comment

Basic Idea?

I was thinking something like this...but I might look at some other ones from various PGA championships to get inspired.

If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbalTee View Post
                  I was thinking something like this...but I might look at some other ones from various PGA championships to get inspired.

If you have any suggestions, let me know.
                  i like the state of oregon and the rose... the figure putting is a just a touch androgynous, tho... make it a little more girlie, maybe... i would suggest looking at some val jenkins putting profiles, they are beautiful... melody king's got a great putt as well... maybe some "super side arm sara" action... little catrina allen with her wicked reach back... those are some silhouettes that would look awesome...

also... it's "championships" not "campionships"...

oh, wait... were you asking me or rebecca duffy?
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

How about this?

I changed it up a bit...Any suggestions?

Comment

Rebecca, do you have a rough timeline for submissions; would 30 days from now be too late?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
                        I just got through with the summit and I am so happy that Portland is having not 1 but 2 PDGA majors. I am very happy to get that voted through. I will be back in Oregon tomorrow night.

On a side note, I am getting started to put things in motion and the first thing I need is a cool logo.

So I'm asking all artists to submit artwork. I'm looking for an up to date, cool, and vibrant logo for the USWDGC. I would love for this logo to be from someone local but if I don't get any submissions--I will start looking elsewhere. Let me know if you have any questions......

Submit your artwork to rduffy@pdga.com

Thanks,
                        Rebecca
                        Remember to send your submission to the above email as Rebecca requested.

Cindy
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

Compared to the other previous years, that seems kinda boring.
                          Sorry, I know that is a rough drawing, but.........

Comment

Personally, I think it should also say Portland, OR not Fairview.
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                              Personally, I think it should also say Portland, OR not Fairview.
                              Yes I totally agree with that.

Cindy
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X