Let's just put a bird on it.
        Nice Janine!

Rebecca- It's from Portlandia
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XM3vWJmpfo&safe=active

Comment

And:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYey8...e_gdata_player

Comment

gotcha I was wondering if there was a submission I didn't know about.
            PDGA President

Comment

The March episode of Disc Golf Live video magazine is shaping up, so far, as an all-gals affair. I've got my own footage of some of the Open action at Worlds (Fri Am at Eastway and a couple holes during Finals) as well as footage from a MI event called Disc Girls Gone Wild (Final round action and a safari skins game.)

I'm hoping for one more story item to round things out, and I thought a promotion for your USWDGC might be in order if folks on your end are interested in putting something together. Perhaps a tour of a few signature holes from your main course(s) or something along those lines. This would give plenty of opportunity to talk about your take on the USWDGC and what ladies have in store. If this sounds like something the tourney crew would be interested in tackling, let me know and we can talk about details. The video would of course have plenty of value promotion-wise on Youtube and PDGA.com, etc, as you ramp up towards this event.

(Please also extend this offer to any other odd majors you might happen to be hosting in the upcoming seasons. Disc Golf Live is all about raising public awareness of our sport.)

Best regards

Joe

ps. Lots of great community access stations in the NW region, a great way to promote our sport. Copies of DGL are always free to local providers. If you have a station in town, contact them to find out what it takes to submit a show.
              Joe Wander
              Producer and Editor
              Disc Golf Live video magazine
              www.discgolflive.com
              Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time

Comment

Seems pretty quiet on the Northwestern Front given that this is a Major and its happening in Portland!
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Check out the FaceBook page.
                  https://www.facebook.com/USWDGC

We need volunteers and more local sponsors........
                  PDGA President

Comment

As great as Facebook can be, this site is a lot more useful for relaying information to disc golfers in the NW. Because of the endless nonsense that can clog news feeds, stuff can get lost in the shuffle and not be seen. I feel like using these forums would've been the best way to communicate to the local scene to get volunteers. All that being said, I'm excited to help out this year at the USWDGC and I look forward to seeing everyone out there to support our NW women golfers.
                    Last edited by discgolfAK; September 5th, 2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Don't do facebook, it's evil.

Comment

As great as this site is, every time I posted something....it would go to the bottom. We have used the Facebook page very successfully and have kept the women informed and pin the most important stuff to the top of page.
                        With that said, we are glad to have you as a volunteer
                        PDGA President

Comment

• Sam
                          Sam commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Really... all you had to do was ask to have your event stickied like all other TDs do. We would have been happy to help you promote your event.

I know I am volunteering... but I bet you could have done a far better job attracting volunteers and getting help with the event had you but asked. Oh well... next time, I guess.

Rebecca that is the nature of a forum. Posts are sequential and are labeled in the upper right corner and time/date stamped in the center upper area of the post. I am glad you have been so successful with Faceboook and keeping your competitors in the loop, however if you are wanting to capture the attention of local golfers you are better off using multiple avenues for communication.
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

1st post in this thread was in September 2012. The thread was stickied.

From January 12th, 2013 to September 5th, 2013 there were zero posts in this thread and so the thread dropped to the bottom of the list of stickied threads. That's just how a message board works. Some TDs use other venues and like them better. This forum is just another tool to be used or not.

Comment

• Sam
                            Sam commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Uh... thank you. If you don't post on this forum... it will still be great... and you as a TD will have failed to keep your local clubs and other local groups involved. And this will be your giant Whoops. Score one for Facebook, I guess?

• Matt B.
                            Matt B. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The thread was stickied but no one posted to it for 9 months, and then only two weeks before the event. Even stickied threads go to the bottom of the sticky pile when no one is posting to them. The forum is an awesome tool for publicizing events and getting info out to the public, but you have to add content and promote your event.

Is there a breakdown of who plays in which Pools? I see on Facebook when the Pools are playing and where, but not who's in each Pool.

Comment

Anyone know Final 9 timing this pm at Blue Lake?

Comment

• Carie CPink
                              Carie CPink commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I don't think it's happening. The PGDA website posted the final score and payout, though I could be wrong commenting from my warm, dry comfy spot on the sofa.
                          Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X