X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HerbalTee View Post
    I changed it up a bit...Any suggestions?
    definitely getting there...

... it should say portland, for sure...

i like this much better...
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by HerbalTee View Post
      I changed it up a bit...Any suggestions?
      Moving in the right direction.

I don't care for the diagnal line (Mt. Hood) going right through the basket. It comes off a little cluttered.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Moving in the right direction.

I don't care for the diagnal line (Mt. Hood) going right through the basket. It comes off a little cluttered.
        definitely, scott. i'm glad you said that, because i think what is most appealing about this design is the simplicity...

Comment

So I have zero artistic ability in my entire body but one idea that kinda popped into my head was incorporating local native american art somehow? It's definitely unique to the northwest and if we want to stay away from flowery/girly stuff (even though Portland is the city of roses) this may be a more regional representation. Just spitballin' here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally W View Post
            So I have zero artistic ability in my entire body but one idea that kinda popped into my head was incorporating local native american art somehow? It's definitely unique to the northwest and if we want to stay away from flowery/girly stuff (even though Portland is the city of roses) this may be a more regional representation. Just spitballin' here.
            maybe someone with some artistic ability could make a basket in this style... good thinkin' west...

altho... not gonna lie... totally partial to the roses...

Comment

oh- totally not anti-roses at all! I like me some roses. because I'm a girl. and what girl doesn't like roses? just sayin... in case anyone is out there listenin'....

Comment

Originally posted by Sally W View Post
                oh- totally not anti-roses at all! I like me some roses. because I'm a girl. and what girl doesn't like roses? just sayin... in case anyone is out there listenin'....
                native american style roses encircling a tribal disc golf basket???

anyone?

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm personally not a fan of using art from native people out of context. I'll stick to roses.

Comment

So when is the date to submit artwork?? I've got a rough idea, just curious as to how much time I would have to make it

Comment

I was wondering too. I've got a sketch, but haven't had time to do the formal drawing.

Comment

I would like to have all submissions by December 17, 2012.
                        PDGA President

Comment

Rebecca, are you going to show all of the entires for a public vote? Or if not, it would be lovely to just see them.

Comment

I have all the submissions......in the process of getting a few changes but I will post them that are not on here.
                            PDGA President

Comment

Let's just put a bird on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Janine View Post
                                Let's just put a bird on it.
                                I can pickle that!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...