Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Collegiate Disc Golf League

Hello Oregon Colleges!!!

It's coming up on the start of a new season of the Oregon Collegiate Disc Golf League. This year, starting in October, the matches will be taking place once a month on the second Sunday of the month (unless notified otherwise in the future). The goal is to complete 8 matches again this season, this time over the course of fall, winter, and spring term. We are hoping that by spreading the matches further apart, it will increase participation by all teams throughout the season. Yes, Community Colleges are absolutely welcome, in fact, Lane Community College is one of the most successful collegiate clubs in the state. At the end of the season in June, a winner will be awarded the Oregon Collegiate Cup.

Official Dates for Fall Term (10:45a Check-In, 11:00a Players Meeting, and 11:30a Start Time):
    10/14/2012 @ Adair Park Disc Golf Course, hosted by OSU
    11/11/2012 @ Cottage Grove Disc Golf Course, hosted by LCC
    12/09/2012 TBA

**If you are a member of the league Facebook group you will receive event invites for each match**

If you are reading this and you are thinking "collegiate disc golf?", and you're a student, contact your school and find out how to get in touch with your schools club. If you don't have a club at your school then please join us and put a club together at your school to compete with us. You can also follow the results of the season and contact collegiate players for help/advice on your club here, on our Facebook group.

Ladies What's Up?!?! So far Oregon State University is the only club in the state to field female players, going so far as to send them to Nationals to take second The OSU ladies would really like some women to compete with besides each other. They are all intermediate level players.

League Basics:
    As a collegiate club sport based organization we are very nonrestrictive. If you have a team you bring everyone on your team to the match. The top four scores your school fields count as your team's match score. First place wins your school 3 league points, second wins 2 points, and third wins 1 point. Remember, at the end of the season in June, a winner will be awarded the Oregon Collegiate Cup.
    Last edited by DEG3; September 12th, 2012, 11:07 AM.

I think that only the top 3 scores should count. At the NCDGC they only count the top 3 scores for each round.

Are we going to play multiple rounds on these scheduled days?

Are these events going to be sanctioned? We could try and create a PDGA league:

http://www.pdga.com/faq/leagues-0

It would cost $25/term (we could split this cost between the teams) and then $1/round per player. I think this would be a great way to motivate people to come to the events.
    Last edited by condon_; August 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by condon_ View Post
      I think that only the top 3 scores should count. At the NCDGC they only count the top 3 scores for each round.

Are we going to play multiple rounds on these scheduled days?

Are these events going to be sanctioned? We could try and create a PDGA league:

http://www.pdga.com/faq/leagues-0

It would cost $25/term (we could split this cost between the teams) and then $1/round per player. I think this would be a great way to motivate people to come to the events.
      I need to hear back from the other clubs, but I agree on top 3 scores count.

Until we grow a little bit more, I think 1 round is where we should leave. especially with the loss of sunlight through the winter.

I absolutely think we should do the sanctioned league rounds...we could even try to get some pros to show up and help set our ratings for us. I will talk to the other clubs asap.

Comment

The initial post has been edited to reflect the correct time schedule.

Comment

So some schools participating in the league start in September and end by May (cough cough Willamette). This doesn't match up to the League match schedule, They'd miss out on the May league match, as well as I think the January one due to their longer Winter break. This needs to be remedied in some way.

Comment

Announcement Announcement M