USDGC Fundraiser for Tim Skellenger and Sean Phillips! Sun Sept 9th! Timber Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USDGC Fundraiser for Tim Skellenger and Sean Phillips! Sun Sept 9th! Timber Park

Oregonís Fundraiser event for
    Tim Skellenger and Sean Phillips!
    Representing Portland, OR at the United States Disc Golf Championship 2012.

Sunday September 9th 9:30 Players Meeting - 10:00am Tee Off
    Player Check in is from 8am - 9:30am
    Timber Park - Estacada, OR
    20 Holes of Disc Golf
    Pro / Am Random Draw Doubles / 40 Pros / 40 Ams Max Field
    $25 Per Player / $10 Goes to Payouts
    Fundraising Event will be split 4 ways: Tim and Sean 25%, Timber Park 25%
    Born2BFly 25% and Disc Vango 25%

1st Place Teams - Two Trophy Discs, Cash and 1 Pair Each Keen Shoes
    2nd Place Teams - Two Trophy Discs & Cash
    3rd Place Teams - Two Trophy Discs & Cash

This event is sponsored by Innova Disc Golf, Keen, and Born 2 B Fly.
    Custom Dyed discs by BullseyeDiscGolf.com and Mike Best
    Pre registration is recommended!
    Please Call Tim at 503 819-0871
    Steve
    http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post
    Oregonís Fundraiser event for
    Tim Skellenger and Sean Phillips!
    Representing Portland, OR at the United States Disc Golf Championship 2012.

Sunday September 9th 9:30 Players Meeting - 10:00am Tee Off
    Player Check in is from 8am - 9:30am
    Timber Park - Estacada, OR
    20 Holes of Disc Golf
    Pro / Am Random Draw Doubles / 40 Pros / 40 Ams Max Field
    $25 Per Player / $10 Goes to Payouts
    Fundraising Event will be split 4 ways: Tim and Sean 25%, Timber Park 25%
    Born2BFly 25% and Disc Vango 25%

1st Place Teams - Two Trophy Discs, Cash and 1 Pair Each Keen Shoes
    2nd Place Teams - Two Trophy Discs & Cash
    3rd Place Teams - Two Trophy Discs & Cash

This event is sponsored by Innova Disc Golf, Keen, and Born 2 B Fly.
    Custom Dyed discs by BullseyeDiscGolf.com and Mike Best
    Pre registration is recommended!
    Please Call Tim at 503 819-0871
    Please correct me if I'm wrong here:

$25 to enter
    $10 to payout
    $15 to fundraiser

$15x80 (players)=$1200/4=$300/2 (Tim/Sean)=$150 each?
    Sponsors and Timber Park get the remaining $900?

Just asking!
    Bob

Comment

Good question Bob!

As far as I know you are correct. I just called Tim and he said they can adjust the percentages for fundraising if need be. They are not cast in stone. Everyone involved wants to to what's right for the players so these percentages can be altered. I think he intended to come off as not being selfish and make it a multi fundraising event so it's not just all about him.

I just posted what Timmy asked me to post. I had nothing to do with this concept, I'm just donating some dyed discs to this event and Timmy doesn't do a lot of computer stuff and posting online.

Tim's concept was to make this a multiple fundraiser so it wasn't just about him. He is working delivering pizzas and has most of his expenses for this trip covered. I do not know the circumstances as to why Disc Van Go is in need of help from the disc golf community. He may need to post on this thread to articulate his status and position.

Also I had never heard of Born2BFly before a week ago but what I have heard, it is a new company designed by this guy from Klickitat WA who wants to sponsor players with gear and tourney fees.

As for Timber Park, Tim heard that they were in need of a couple new baskets.

These are all good questions Bob, I think Tim's intent was that this event was not supposed to pay for both their entire expenses as both Tim and Sean have jobs right now and they both cash regularly in tourneys. I think his concept was to make a fun event and help out multiple parties and take a little out of the bite of their trip expenses.
      Steve
      http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post
        Good question Bob!

As far as I know you are correct. I just called Tim and he said they can adjust the percentages for fundraising if need be. They are not cast in stone. Everyone involved wants to to what's right for the players so these percentages can be altered. I think he intended to come off as not being selfish and make it a multi fundraising event so it's not just all about him.

I just posted what Timmy asked me to post. I had nothing to do with this concept, I'm just donating some dyed discs to this event and Timmy doesn't do a lot of computer stuff and posting online.

Tim's concept was to make this a multiple fundraiser so it wasn't just about him. He is working delivering pizzas and has most of his expenses for this trip covered. I do not know the circumstances as to why Disc Van Go is in need of help from the disc golf community. He may need to post on this thread to articulate his status and position.

Also I had never heard of Born2BFly before a week ago but what I have heard, it is a new company designed by this guy from Klickitat WA who wants to sponsor players with gear and tourney fees.

As for Timber Park, Tim heard that they were in need of a couple new baskets.

These are all good questions Bob, I think Tim's intent was that this event was not supposed to pay for both their entire expenses as both Tim and Sean have jobs right now and they both cash regularly in tourneys. I think his concept was to make a fun event and help out multiple parties and take a little out of the bite of their trip expenses.

Thanks for the reply Steve..................makes more sense now! It just seemed odd that a fundraiser for the players netted them very little compared to the others. AND it sounds just like Tim to be thinkin of others needs. I played the last fund raiser for Tim a couple years ago and YES it was a blast. Can't wait to play again and help two of disc golfs great people.

Bob

Comment

I am excited about all the feed back about the tourney. If there is any more questions about the event, you can post or call me at 503-819-0871. Im gonna need the pro's help to fill up the field, and the advanced players as well. Ive got a bunch of prize's from Keen, Innova, Born2bFly, Isotonic Vitamins, and DiscVango. Also there is trophy discs died by BullsEyeDye and Mike Best. The fundraiser will be spread out this year. 25% to Sean Phillips, 25% to Tim SKellenger, 25% for Timber Park(the course needs 2 new baskets), And 25% to Born2BFly (has 40 players he sponsors, Gonna be giving back to Local players sponsored by Born2BFly, His money will be going to local players so they can play some events.) I think this year will be better than ever. I hope to see you out there, Thanks again for all your local support

Comment

Originally posted by skellydisc View Post
            I am excited about all the feed back about the tourney. If there is any more questions about the event, you can post or call me at 503-819-0871. Im gonna need the pro's help to fill up the field, and the advanced players as well. Ive got a bunch of prize's from Keen, Innova, Born2bFly, Isotonic Vitamins, and DiscVango. Also there is trophy discs died by BullsEyeDye and Mike Best. The fundraiser will be spread out this year. 25% to Sean Phillips, 25% to Tim SKellenger, 25% for Timber Park(the course needs 2 new baskets), And 25% to Born2BFly (has 40 players he sponsors, Gonna be giving back to Local players sponsored by Born2BFly, His money will be going to local players so they can play some events.) I think this year will be better than ever. I hope to see you out there, Thanks again for all your local support
            Will for sure be there!!!!!!

Bob

Comment

So I just got off the phone with skelly and hes got around twenty verbal commitments for this tourney. if you plan on attending this, pleeease, call and atleast leave him a message so he can be prepared come tourny day. I only say this cause I must have heard atleast twenty people, at the NAAC this weekend, say they were planning on going. I know we all want to help these guys out, being as they are both awsome representatives of our dg community, and I hope everyone who can show up does, but the biggest help we can give them immediatly is to let them know your coming if you know for sure. Based on yrs past, there have been twice as many people show as have pre reg'd, if you will, and it makes it tough on him the day of to handle the numbers of people who actually attend. when he has 60 pre reg's and 110 show up....you understand. If you dont know till the last minute, thats understood, but if you do....just shoot him a text at least if possible. Thanks to all who support our nw guys in representing us on the big stage, and thanks to Tim and Shawn for making it easy to do so by being stand up individuals. Lank
              DiscGolf- The ONLY time to enjoy being negative(-)

Comment

I'm In Yang.
                see you then.
                Good luck on raising funds Sean & Tim

Comment

THERE WILL BE A RAFFEL!!! We got KEEN< INNOVA DISC< BORN2BFLY< DISC VAN GO< all donated stuff for the raffel. Also I just saw the Trophy Discs Bulls Eye Disc Golf.com, and Mike Best did(Mike Best Is the 2 time Defending Champ), I hope i get to win one. THEY LOOK SWEET, Only top three teams get em! Also want to let people know if your an ADV player you are a pro for this event. I will not make any one play pro. I hope to see you out there. Thanks for Everyones support

Comment

There!

Whoohoo! You coming Beltz!
                    sigpic
                    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

I'm a definite maybe- will hopefully know for sure by end of day tomorrow. I'll up in the area from Bend and love me some Timber and some good causes!

Comment

Tim and Sean,

I did not see you guys on the schedule when we set up Discology at Timber park the day before. I wasn't looking at that but at what would fit my work schedule.

It's kind of late in the game but find some friends and drag them out to Discology. Team up and add a third.

I can't play the next day (have to work) but I'll pay your entries.

Sean and Tim, I'm paying your entry into Discology so come if you can and maybe, win some cash.

You two are really the guys I want to play with and support when I can.

Sincerely,
                        Phillip Kurtz

Just in case they don't see this, players, help me out and let them know.

Comment

Oh yeah, you will have to play the open division. Hope that's ok?

PhilStomp

Comment

Number of rounds

I'm I reading correctly that this is just one round of 20 holes?

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                              I'm I reading correctly that this is just one round of 20 holes?

yep just talked to Tim and we should be done around 2 or so

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X