Discover a Cure: Disc Golf Relay for Life @ Bryant Park - postponed Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discover a Cure: Disc Golf Relay for Life @ Bryant Park - postponed

June 13-14
    Bryant Park in Albany, Or

Discover a Cure: Disc Golf Relay for Life is a fundraising project for the American Cancer Society.

There will be nine straight rounds of teams disc golf that will include individual, doubles, and glow disc golf for a fun packed 24 hours!!

Teams must have 6 players. Start lining up your squad Today!!!!!!

Entry for the tournament will be a minimum donation of $200(about $35 per player)...However I would suggest a goal of at least $50 per person!! I encourage you to try and raise most of your entry 'out-of-pocket'. The idea is to raise awareness of disc golf as well as funds for cancer research.

So, in theory, each player will play 2 individual rounds and one glow doubles round. I say "theory" because we've never tried anything like this before so our timing may need to be adjusted on the fly. Teams will be required to have 2 throwers on the course during rounds.

I will post contact information for sign ups later. I just wanted to let everyone know as soon as possible so that you can plan ahead to exceed my greatest expectations!!!

Feel free to ask any questions here for now and I will answer them as soon as I have the chance!

An early thank you to all my Sponsors:

Calapooia Brewing Co.
    Righteous Graphics
    Albany Parks and Recreation

This sounds like it could be a blast. I have always liked the sound of team disc, minus the every other week for months committment?

Will it be straight up, handicapped, ratings based? divisions?

Comment

This will be played staight up. We figure that since the payout will be non-exsistant, other than trophies and the like, there wouldn't be any need to build a power packed team. We're shooting for just a ton of fun for a good cause and maximum participation.

The unique format should really help push it in that direction.

Oh I also forgot to mention that the PDGA and I are talking about possibly a d tier sanction. No promises but they were into it last year so we can always hope.

Comment

Change of Plans!!!!!!

Discover a Cure will now be a doubles tournament!

One day bring your own partner two rounds.

We're still on June 13. $50 gets your team in.

Send questions and sign up information to

Altophish@gmail.com

Feel free to raise more than your entry fee!!

There will be a special prize for the team that raises the most money!!

Comment

I think it's great that you all are doing this. Would you perhaps consider the LUNGevity non-profit for lung cancer as your beneficiary in future? I created the DISCover A Cure website (discoveracure.com) three years ago after losing my husband (Dan 'Clubbie' Harbour) to lung cancer. Some of your members may know him, since he lived in the Portland area for many years and was an avid disc golfer. I've been slowly working on ways to raise funds for lung cancer research in his memory - was even hoping to use a disc golf tournament as a way to do it. I already have memorial mini-discs with his name and PDGA #, ready to give out ... Please feel free to email me to discuss, and thanks for considering this!

Comment

I'm sorry to say that Discover will be postponed till the end of the year some time.

The course just isn't ready and I haven't had enough quality time to work on the tournament. I think the cause is worth more than I have been able to do. As soon as I talk with the club I will post the new date.

Comment

Yeah my brother and I were out at bryant the other day and you spend most of your time looking for discs that you throw in the middle of the fairway, not to mention missing offline by 15 feet

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X