Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Eugene Celebration - Sept. 8th and 9th, 2012 - Dexter

Official information coming soon.
    Last edited by Matt B.; August 15th, 2012, 07:46 PM.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????

The title of this thread changed! I figured CC had been reserved a long time ago from earlier EDGC member posts/threads!?? Seems others had the same impression.
    I guess less can play now...
    We'll know more when the pools are announced.
    I can't find it on PDGA... did I miss it?
    Last edited by Wes Hansen; August 15th, 2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
      ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????
      Nothing on the PDGA website, four weeks till it is "suppose" to happen. I think maybe you best look for something else to do that weekend Wes.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
        Nothing on the PDGA website, four weeks till it is "suppose" to happen. I think maybe you best look for something else to do that weekend Wes.

Bob
        As has been posted already, the TD had some personal issues delaying the announcement. According to the TD, the tournament is sanctioned, although not on the PDGA calendar as of yet. The TD says it is going to happen. The dates and courses have been confirmed by the TD and posted here in this offiical thread with the TD's permission.

I am not involved in planning this tournament. I take the TD at her word when she says official announcements and details are coming soon. It's unfortunate that official announcments are later than normal. Hard cheese.

Looking for something else to do is always an option.

Comment

Eugene Disc Golf Celebration
          September 8th and 9th, 2012
          B Tier

Dexter Course Only.

PDGA President

Comment

?????

The title of this thread changed! I figured CC had been reserved a long time ago from earlier EDGC member posts/threads!?? Seems others had the same impression.
            I guess less can play now...
            We'll know more when the pools are announced.
            I can't find it on PDGA... did I miss it?
            Yes, I changed the title of the thread. Yes, I had the impression that we'd be also playing at Cottage Grove, but I was mistaken. Mistakes happen when volunteers run disc golf tournaments and get involved in volunteer disc golf clubs. Things happen to people that are out of their control. Sometimes these things lead to big probems for a club and individuals, and sometimes they lead to small inconveniences. Disc golfers in general are a friendly, forgiving lot when things happen to people who are just trying to help out.

Thank you for your concern that less people can play the tournament now, I can assure you that your concerns are very important to the Eugene Disc Golf Club and we will consider them fully.

It's great that you've taken such a strong interest in this tournament! Registration is open, the links are in this thread, so I don't think you need to worry about it being on PDGA.com or not, it will be eventually.
            Last edited by Matt B.; August 16th, 2012, 10:32 AM. Reason: Excessive question marks screw up the formatting of the page

Comment

More info (copied from the Registration page):

Presented by the Eugene Disc Golf Club

The Eugene Disc Golf Club will be hosting the Eugene Disc Golf Celebration on September 8th and 9th. We've decided to go old school and play all rounds at Dexter to bring back the fesival atmosphere to the Celebration. We will have a kids course with some very fun prizes and our very infamous putting contest. A player's party will be on Saturday night so stick around after your round. Also we will be having a speed putting contest --- who will be our first champion?

We will be having the tourney only at Dexter. 3 rounds for everyone. 1 round for A pool on Saturday and 2 rounds for B pool on Saturday - vice versa on Sunday.

Player's packs will be available to players who register before August 31st so make sure to register early. We are gonna have a blast with a lot of side games so make sure you sign up.

For more information please contact the tournament director, Rebecca Duffy.

EDGC looks forward to another great Eugene Disc Golf Celebration! I'd have to have Roller Bob verify this but I think this might be the 25th annual? Thanks to all the great disc golfers who participate year after year and understand that sometimes things happen. As anyone who's ever helped run a tournament knows, it is a lot of work done by volunteers. It's really easy for one disgruntled and loud person to make everyone who is trying to help feel like it's not worth it. That's why TD's get burnt out and stop putting on tournaments. So thanks for understanding the delays and for supporting this tournament, and we look forward to seeing you at Dexter!
              Last edited by Matt B.; August 16th, 2012, 08:59 AM.

Comment

just want to put a preemptive thank you out there to rebecca duffy and all the Eugene Disc Golf Club members who put their time, thoughts, work, etc. etc. into this event.

i will be there regardless what pool i am in and what courses are being played... it is a loss to have less players... but running a tournament at two courses is a ton of work and sometimes the tough decisions need to be made. regardless, a good time will be had by most.

i love disc golf!!!
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Thank you very much Matt for your diligent posts and replies-they are greatly appreciated. And thank you Emma ---- you are always sunshine in the rain

Contrary to what some people believe, Cottage Grove was taken off the table when there were some club members concerned that the interaction is lacking when it comes to seeing their friends. Therefore; on Tuesday evening, the club members decided to do it all at Dexter (like the old days).

Also, the same amount will still be able to play. 72 in each pool
                  PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
                    Thank you very much Matt for your diligent posts and replies-they are greatly appreciated. And thank you Emma ---- you are always sunshine in the rain

Contrary to what some people believe, Cottage Grove was taken off the table when there were some club members concerned that the interaction is lacking when it comes to seeing their friends. Therefore; on Tuesday evening, the club members decided to do it all at Dexter (like the old days).

I love disc golf!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post

2 pools with 72 each = the same amount of people as last year.

i am so easily swayed by other people's bad math.

professional disc golfer, yes. math major, no.

Comment

"Which pools are which divisions in," he asked in a very soft and mild manner.

Comment

well, played, hansen. well played.

and thanks for asking... i, too, am curious.

Comment

The two divisions that will be the biggest are Pro and Advanced. I don't like to say too early because the other divisions such as Grandmasters, masters, and women's division are always a crap shoot. BUT I can tell you this -- The Pro Men will be in the A pool and the Advanced Men will be in the B pool. As more registrations come in, I'll be able to tell which divisions should go into which pools as more registrations come in. I would much rather have to assign the pools later and not have to change them instead of changing them and causing mass confusion.

Thank you for your very soft and mild manner
                            PDGA President

Comment

Thanks.
                              I had made plans based on Matt's "obvious" answer on the courses. Then that changed- I guess on the 7th at the meeting.
                              Then I figured I could find out whether I'd have to leave the night before or drive down that day.
                              And I still had questions based on my last Eugene Celebration- which was much different from any others I had been to over the past decade. But asking questions got me ridiculed- by the person who belittled me when I asked a question and they provided a flippant, wrong answer.
                              My apologies, and for those in the other thread, that asked for information on the tourney.
                              I'm sure it will be a great time.
                              Really needed to play CG to have the event I wanted!
                              Enjoy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X