Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 - Great change. Nice righty backhand shot with a clear path to the basket.

6 - Yeah, you can get a 3 on it, and a lot of work was put in to clear it out, but it still has a very "poke and hope" feel. There really isn't a defined first shot landing zone and a cleal path to the basket. It's one of those "try to land in that area and you may have a forehand shot through those trees" types.

11 - I'm not happy that you took away one of my auto forehand birdies, but I have to admit that this is an AWESOME hole now. You need placement on your drive or you can't make the corner for a 3 but the fairway is perfect. This may be the best hole on the course.

Overall, the course is better than I've ever seen but I'd love to see more defined fairways on 6-9 and a little work done on 10. Unfortunately this would mean dropping some large trees which I know isn't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichard View Post
      Overall, the course is better than I've ever seen but I'd love to see more defined fairways on 6-9 and a little work done on 10. Unfortunately this would mean dropping some large trees which I know isn't going to happen.
      Being someone who has helped over the years on the course I would say I would love to see the tree that fell on ten onto the berm and then was cut when the county worked on the berm and it stood up "be removed". The hole is one of my favorites on the course but that tree is such an eyesore and should have been cut out when it fell the first time. It adds difficulty sure but not the kind that is needed on that hole.

Nate do you think that is a possibility?

Also people remember that Adair suffers from damage frequently in the tree sections between 6-10 and cutting prematurely may lead to huge gaps when other trees fall in winter storms. I would say cut and replace to better define the hole.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Just played the new holes at Adair last weekend. I have to say that I was very scared about changes being made to the Adair I know and love, but I will agree with most that the changes were favorable. Here's an eval of the changes from a lefties eye:

#4 - this hole was extremely difficult to get good placement on in the long unless you were Dana Lawton before. Now I can throw an eagle(or buzz if I'm feeling sassy) on an anhyzer line to the opening, which is just past the lower backdoor opening for the previous long position, for a possible 2.

#6 - I don't know what everyone is complaining about on this hole. Now that it's technically a par four, the hole is more forgiving for a bad first shot. As long as you at least make it to the openings and know where the basket's at, a four(or lucky 3) is pretty easily attainable with a controlled upshot. This hole will rarely be two'd, but if you take a look at what I would consider the shot average on this hole, the middle placement is about a 3.1(long left and right being about 3.4), this hole's average will probably be a 3.7. So if you think about it, giving it a rating of a par 4 means it will be birdied more than it will be bogied. Like Nate was saying, all this hole requires is two well placed shots and a tap in for bird.

#11 - Like Rick was saying, I was a little peeved that my lefty birdie hole was taken away, but this placement is just absolutely picturesque. The thing is, a lefty still has an advantage on this hole as it just takes a nice well placed hyzer shot(Aim like your aiming for the right position, but with a driver that's not quite as overstable) to the opening and a straight upshot for a three. The playing field is evened out for righties on this hole because all a righty needs to do now is throw a drive thats looking at the basket. Although a closer spot in the fairway is obviously higher percentage, a lefty has a risk reward factor of getting stuck outside of the fairway(in the trees) for a difficult out. This will more than likely be the hole that people remember at Adair now.

Props and thanks to everyone who did work on these holes and I'm really excited to play the Willamette Open with CEMENT TEEPADS at Adair this year! Here's the thing for people that are complaining about the difficulty of Adair...Go play Willamette park if you want to tear up a course, go play Adair if you want to play a good technical course. Just like Milo/Timber...I played Bryant, Adair, and squeeked in Willamette and I felt the same as if I played Milo 27(36) then Timber, which is completely BEAT!

Comment

Nate,

What is your feeling for the pool breakdowns?
          Is there any chance that there could be 4 rounds for all divisions?

Can't wait to see Adair again!
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

new locations are awesome, par on 6, birdie on 11! thanks guys!

Comment

Nate,

Any news on the registration list and the pools for the event?
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

Here is the updated registration, 102 players so far, 42 spots still remain.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/93430

MPO and MA1 will be in the same pool, playing Adair 2x.

MA2 will be in the other pool, playing Willamette 2x.

Other small divisions will be flushed out soon as to which courses they will be playing. Thanks!
                Innova Champion Discs
                Discmania
                huk lab
                Keen Footwear
                Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post

Other small divisions will be flushed out soon as to which courses they will be playing. Thanks!
                  Nate are you around on Monday Sep 02? I am heading down to enjoy my day off at Adair!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

I could play Adair in the morning tomorrow. Get signed up everybody we are filling up fast!
                    Innova Champion Discs
                    Discmania
                    huk lab
                    Keen Footwear
                    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

I'm hoping all Pro divisions get to play Adair twice?

Comment

I hope so too, just depends on how the last 42 spots shake out. I think we can make it happen.
                        Innova Champion Discs
                        Discmania
                        huk lab
                        Keen Footwear
                        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

I am not able to commit to both days plus I would probably embarres myself as I have never played at Adair or Willamette. I would love to come out and watch + buy one of those huk lab chairs... is that a possibility?

Comment

Watching is certainly encouraged. As for the chair, at this pace we may have a few extras. The order is for 100 so if we end up with less than 100 Amateur players the remainder will be for sale first come first served.
                            Innova Champion Discs
                            Discmania
                            huk lab
                            Keen Footwear
                            Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Watching is certainly encouraged. As for the chair, at this pace we may have a few extras. The order is for 100 so if we end up with less than 100 Amateur players the remainder will be for sale first come first served.
                              Great! How much will the chairs be if there are some for sale?

Comment

Hey Nate is there an image of the player pack huk sit posted anywhere?
                                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X