Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hole #4 is a par 3, it is <400 and downhill. The par 4s are #6, #11, and #18. Concrete is approved it is just down to the fundraising and the volunteers to get it put in. We have about 40 people signed up for the WOXIV for far!
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
      Hole #4 is a par 3, it is <400 and downhill. The par 4s are #6, #11, and #18. Concrete is approved it is just down to the fundraising and the volunteers to get it put in. We have about 40 people signed up for the WOXIV for far!
      What are you doing to raise the funds and do you have a concrete finisher lined up for the job?

Are you guys going to wait until all the money is raised to do all 18 or will you do a few at a time?
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Hole #4 is a par 3, it is <400 and downhill.
        I was wondering. Honestly if I had a run at 2 I was kind of doubting it was a par 4. I like that the position is less of a crap shoot and is more of a true skilled shot. The previous positions left a lot of throws to chance.
        "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
          Just wanted to say thank you to Nate and the crew that got Adair looking great! Hole 4 a new par 4, hole 6 par 4, and hole 11 just completed yesterday to a par 4......Super sick bro. Had fun today.
          My bad....hole 4 is not a par 4. I was mistaken. It has changed but still a par 3. Sorry!

Comment

Nate are you guys going to move the tee pad back on 18 when you pour the concrete to match the distance of the new World Record throw by David Wiggins Jr. of 836 feet?
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

Par 57 or 58?

Really excited to play those new placements at Adair! It'll be good to get back to cowtown for a bit. So I heard word of a par 58, but so far I've seen only three par fours, was the 58 a typo? Thanks for all the hard work btw guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                Nate are you guys going to move the tee pad back on 18 when you pour the concrete to match the distance of the new World Record throw by David Wiggins Jr. of 836 feet?
                That might get too close to the tennis courts...

Comment

The hope is that we will have some cement tees in a perhaps an additional par 4 before the Willamette Open. Currently there are just the 3 par 4s.
                  Innova Champion Discs
                  Discmania
                  huk lab
                  Keen Footwear
                  Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

The hope is that we will have some cement tees in a perhaps an additional par 4 before the Willamette Open. Currently there are just the 3 par 4s.
                    Do these new holes have actual fairways, or are they just more poke and hope holes?
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Jeff, when I went down they had cleared fairways. They weren't very wide but they existed.

#6 was definitely a bit more insane. Once you are into the trees the narrow right dogleg is going to challenge a lot of playeys.

On #11 it is a deep right position with an open fairway.

The work that went into these holes was very evident.

On hole #4 the new position is great and takes away the poke and hope feeling it used to have.
                      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                        Jeff, when I went down they had cleared fairways. They weren't very wide but they existed.

#6 was definitely a bit more insane. Once you are into the trees the narrow right dogleg is going to challenge a lot of playeys.

On #11 it is a deep right position with an open fairway.

The work that went into these holes was very evident.

On hole #4 the new position is great and takes away the poke and hope feeling it used to have.
                        I never felt like #4 was a poke and hope, because the best shot was to crash through the roof.

I've always felt the long position for holes #6 was a joke. Trying to thread a 5-10' wide gap from 75' back, and then punch another 100' through it is a bit absurd. Yes, it can be done, and I have done it myself, but that does not make it a good hole.

I just got done playing some of the most challenging courses I've ever played, but at least the guys in North Carolina made a fairway. However, they do kick you square in the junk if you stray from that fairway.

I love Adair. Its one of my favorite courses in the state, but I've always felt there was a couple of silly holes.

I remain optimistic, because I really have liked most of what Nate has done over the years.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

#6 will kick you even more in the junk now. 75 feet with two gaps to aim for (Now one on the left). Then past the long position and up to the right. It is not pretty at all. As a par 4 it is likely you may see a few birds but likely there will be a lot of pars.

#4 I loved the crash through the roof but definitely more of a crap shoot. Now there is a clear opening to throw for. It gives some hope if you end up in the field.

#11 is definitely something that could be birdied.

I am curious to know what other hole may be changed to a par 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                            #6 will kick you even more in the junk now. 75 feet with two gaps to aim for (Now one on the left). Then past the long position and up to the right. It is not pretty at all. As a par 4 it is likely you may see a few birds but likely there will be a lot of pars.

#4 I loved the crash through the roof but definitely more of a crap shoot. Now there is a clear opening to throw for. It gives some hope if you end up in the field.

#11 is definitely something that could be birdied.

I am curious to know what other hole may be changed to a par 4.
                            Hole 6 was birdied twice on Saturday accordng to Nate. I don't think big arms are going to like hole 4 as much in the new position. Weenie arms like me are looking at par on that hole now.

Bob

Comment

My goal as the greenskeeper has been to make the course harder and more fair. All of the new holes are being birdied with two eagles I have heard of on #6 so far. #6 is for sure a tight gap but it is just 435 so very short for a par 4. If you play smart and make the first window you will have an opportunity for 3. Come down and check them out Jeff I bet you will like them!
                              Innova Champion Discs
                              Discmania
                              huk lab
                              Keen Footwear
                              Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

#4 plays shorter since the flight of the disc is downhill the entire way and not just a crushing hyzer throw. It actually requires good placement and distance control. Very fun hole, and on a scale of one to five (one being fair and five being flukey) it rates a two, whereas the other position ranked a 4 imo.

#6 is a great golf hole. It will see a majority of its birdies from folks playing two placement shots of nearly equal challenge and distance to cover the 400+ fairway and have a putt. Those who crush are no more likely to get a two than those who throw midrange off the tee. On the aforementioned scale I give it a 3.

#11 is very challenging par four. More challenging than six for me at least. Requires one very well placed first shot, and than a laser of a second throw to make the green. The objective of 11 is very clear, and very fair. I give it a 2.
                                Team DISCRAFT
                                NW Sign Up
                                Gorilla Boy
                                Paragon Disc Golf
                                Odwalla

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X