Who Else Is CURRENTLY Planning on Attending all 7 OREGON SERIES Events in 2009? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Else Is CURRENTLY Planning on Attending all 7 OREGON SERIES Events in 2009?

Jamie and I have discussed this and, while we have many other more important matters to deal with this year, we have decided to attempt to attend all seven Oregon Series events this year.

I am curious who else has planned on attending all seven events this year.

It might be cool - and REALLY F'ING IMPORTANT - to show the Oregon Series staff just what this series means to us...
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

By attending all 7 two years in a row and 6 last year - thanks to Hanley for getting married *cough* - I think that the series realizes that they have my support.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Doesn't matter. You should tell them again, anyway. E-mail. Snail-mail. Phone. Text. Radio or TV broadcast. Sky writing. Message in a bottle. Doesn't matter.

Tell them how important this series is to you.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I apologize...I didn't finish my thoughts on the last post. That's what I get for "working" and posting. I intend to play at least five. I also intend on playing enough of the Washington Series events to compete in Rideout's Interstate Challenge. We'll see though. I said that last year and ended up playing 5 more tournaments than I thought I was going to.

It's like crack I tell ya.
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I'm planning on playing all 7 this year. Played all 7 last year. And I usually send them a thank you e-mail at the end of the series.

Comment

We played them all last year and plan to this year as well.

Comment

I am going to try and play all 7. The only one that may be a problem for me is the Eugene Celebration.

Cindy
              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

Hi Cindy. Have you ever played an Oregon Series event? I don't think you have.

And, yet... you plan on trying to get to all 7?

That's awesome. It's amazing how much this series means to people. Even those who have zero experience with it.
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Hi Cindy. Have you ever played an Oregon Series event? I don't think you have.

And, yet... you plan on trying to get to all 7?

That's awesome. It's amazing how much this series means to people. Even those who have zero experience with it.
                  Yeah my first big tournament last year was the Willamette Open. Don't ya remember you came and introduced yourself to me. I think hole 2 Adair random doubles. Anyway even though it was a new experience for me, and I did not place very high I had a blast. I love competing in tournaments, and I love all of the peps I have meet playing disc golf, and it was such a well run event. Combined the three and it is three times the fun.

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhh, wow...........Ok..........How do I say this? Now I don't have all the details but...........the Oregon Series as we have known it is no longer. Someone will correct me, I'm sure on this one but, it's my understanding that the Calapooia is not happening. Mike Phillips and Jeff Mitll will be co-td'ing the BSF. Stumptown is overseeing that event as well as Rose City Open. We are going to need A LOT of help both as volunteers and finacially to pull off the BSF as the quality event is has been and should be. I have stepped up as volunteer coordinator for the BSF so if you can spend some time before and/or during the tournament let me know. As best as I know it Mike "Magilla" Ruzicka is stepping up to help with getting all of the events run.

Before your keyboards start to smoke and flames pouring out of them, please remember that is what information I have at this time. Maybe Phillips, Mitll, or Magilla can post more information.

Beaver State Fling is a go! An NT event! It will be awsome/spectacular!

NOW is the time to come together in our Disc Golf Community and keep Oregon Disc Golf alive and at the front of the pack. Now is NOT the time for deviciveness and bickering. Pay it back or Pay it forward, but lets all get involved and keep the dream alive for bringing Worlds to Oregon in the future. It begins here and now by showing what we can do with a quality event such as the Fling.

Thanks,
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                      Uhhhhhhhhhh, wow...........Ok..........How do I say this? Now I don't have all the details but...........the Oregon Series as we have known it is no longer. Someone will correct me, I'm sure on this one but, it's my understanding that the Calapooia is not happening. Mike Phillips and Jeff Mitll will be co-td'ing the BSF. Stumptown is overseeing that event as well as Rose City Open. We are going to need A LOT of help both as volunteers and finacially to pull off the BSF as the quality event is has been and should be. I have stepped up as volunteer coordinator for the BSF so if you can spend some time before and/or during the tournament let me know. As best as I know it Mike "Magilla" Ruzicka is stepping up to help with getting all of the events run.

Before your keyboards start to smoke and flames pouring out of them, please remember that is what information I have at this time. Maybe Phillips, Mitll, or Magilla can post more information.

NOW is the time to come together in our Disc Golf Community and keep Oregon Disc Golf alive and at the front of the pack. Now is NOT the time for deviciveness and bickering. Pay it back or Pay it forward, but lets all get involved and keep the dream alive for bringing Worlds to Oregon in the future. It begins here and now by showing what we can do with a quality event such as the Fling.

Thanks,
                      Bob
                      Wow. More information would be great and would definitely head off rumors, speculation, etc that is sure to follow. As for help, I will again this year sponsor at least one tee sign, probably two. Most likely at the Eugene sponsored events, the EC and the GNO. As far as I know, those two events are still happening.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post

Thanks,
                        Bob
                        More information WILL follow as soon as it all gets "deciphered"

YES, The Oregon Series as you have known it, apparently, isnt going to happen.
                        Thats basically ALL I know......
                        There is NO REASON why the events that have been planned couldnt still take place. Sure it will take extra work for each local club BUT it just may bring some of us closer together as well.
                        WHY cant Calapooia still happen? How can this be resolved?
                        Its a BUMMER that this has happened BUT we surely can not sit back and cry about it. We must move forward as best as we can.
                        The MAIN issue will be "Merch" for the AMS....NOW the local clubs will need to figure this out instead of relying on the "Series" to do it for them.
                        I am contacting ALL the TD's to see where & how they want to proceed.

Comment

Interesting developments.

Comment

The handling of this is about as poor as could be expected. Why was this not decided upon four months ago? How about instead of announcing a bid at Worlds they announced that they were folding? Rather than get people's hopes up about a bright future, the truth could have been put out there for mass consumption and we wouldn't be sitting here with our thumbs up our butts two weeks before registration was to open for the first event.

This is incredibly lame and incredibly disappointing. I could have swallowed this four months ago. Today, it is making me gag a little.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              The handling of this is about as poor as could be expected. Why was this not decided upon four months ago? How about instead of announcing a bid at Worlds they announced that they were folding? Rather than get people's hopes up about a bright future, the truth could have been put out there for mass consumption and we wouldn't be sitting here with our thumbs up our butts two weeks before registration was to open for the first event.

This is incredibly lame and incredibly disappointing. I could have swallowed this four months ago. Today, it is making me gag a little.
                              Sam, please as my friend, now is not the time. It is what it is and we all have to make the best of it. YES four months ago would have been better but it is NOW that we have this information and will deal with it. A lot of things still need to be worked out and we need YOUR help. I need your help! This is a major undertaking unlike anything I've ever done.

More infomation will be given as we have it. Right now this is all pretty new to all of us. We are working on it! I have people offering help already. I know of a number of hole sponsorships already happening.

Get ahold of me if anybody wants to help.

Bob

ps............MORE INFO TO COME

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X