Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wash X July 14th

Hello Everyone,

It’s that time again! Time to “Wash out hunger” The Wash X is less than 1 month away and will be on July 14th at Adair County Park.

The Wash is a fund raiser for the Linn Benton Food Share and the entry is a minimum $25.00 donation to the food share. It will include a round of disc golf, Susy Stix, Ring of Fire and possibly other fun events. None of the events at The Wash are required. It's all about making money for the food share and having a good time. So, if you want to show up and sit in a lawn chair all day, that’s ok.

I said last year I would try to get T-shirts this year for the 10th annual. Well, that isn’t going to happen. Instead for the 10th annual Wash we are going to have the first ever “Linn Benton Food Share, Everybody Eats” stamped discs!!!!!!

We have Rocs and Aviar putters for the first 50 golfers to show up on the morning of the event. It will pay to show up early and golf. I also have a bunch of Blizzard Champion ($15) and Star Katana ($16) discs for sale as fundraiser discs. I will have these discs at the next club meeting and will try to have them available at some of the regular local disc golf series events.

Food is provided at this event and once again will be prepared by members of my family.

I'm starting the prize gathering part of the event now so, if you would like to donate some prizes or can help gather some, please let me know. Ask anyone who has gone to my event before there is always lots of prizes.

I have attached a flyer so feel free to print it up and tape it to your neighbor’s cubicle or their back, or crumple it up and throw it at their head (please don’t throw things at other people’s heads), which ever you prefer.

Hopefully you all can make it. It should be a fun day of golf at Adair.

Thank you all and I'll see you on July 14th!

Thank you!

Eric Smith

Hello Everyone,
    The Wash is less than 2 weeks away and things are looking great! I have some fantastic raffle prizes with a full size practice basket a mini basket a ukulele a box of dog goodies and several large gift certificates. Along with those, I have the usual number of prizes for the random drawing guarantying that everyone wins something.

Again, my family is stepping up to do the cooking and we will have burgers, sun burgers, hot dogs, etc. Yes my mom’s potato salad will be there again too!

The Susy Stix competition chatter has started to heat up. Better pick a partner, the competition is going to be fierce this year.

Remember I have a Linn Benton Food Share stamped Roc or Aviar putter for the first 50 golfers to sign up in the morning.

If you are on the fence about coming to this event, ask someone who has been. This is a fun day for a great cause.

Thank you

Eric Smith
    (541) 740-9535

Comment

Got this date circled on the calendar and I hope to coerce a Eugene contingent (at least of old guys) to spend their Saturday up there.

And I'm looking forward to winning some of those prizes.

Last October I recall a certain Mr. Smith showing up at our club's food benefit tournament and walking away with more (much more) than his share of our great raffle prizes (if there is such a thing as a 'share' of raffle prizes).

So when he says he's got great prizes, I believe him.

We're starting to collect prizes for an upcoming benefit tourney. Hopefully we can stock up on the 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
        Got this date circled on the calendar and I hope to coerce a Eugene contingent (at least of old guys) to spend their Saturday up there.

And I'm looking forward to winning some of those prizes.

Last October I recall a certain Mr. Smith showing up at our club's food benefit tournament and walking away with more (much more) than his share of our great raffle prizes (if there is such a thing as a 'share' of raffle prizes).

So when he says he's got great prizes, I believe him.

We're starting to collect prizes for an upcoming benefit tourney. Hopefully we can stock up on the 14th.
        I think these same prizes have been going back and forth for years. Kinda like "Re-Gifting" isn't it? I might try to get down for the day myself. I think I know a tournament or two that can use some raffle prizes.

Bob

ps..........And what a fun sounding event. Never been but heard great stuff about the Wash.

Comment

Nothing wrong with re-prizing. Last year I ended up with a basket from a donation I made at the Hope Open and gave it away at The Wash (I still don’t own a basket). I have all new prizes (and some I won at other events) and a great selection of larger prizes for the raffle.

No one has ever come to The Wash and not received at least 1 prize and lunch, and beer, and more prizes (Jim knows). As usual I have a ridiculous amount of gift certificates and I jokingly call The Wash the “Gift Certificate Open”.

My goal when I started this was to make sure everyone who made a donation received more than the cost of entry. I’m glad to say that I have never heard anyone say otherwise.

The way this event makes money for the food share is when people show up and take home all this stuff I have gathered.

It would be great to see you guys at Adair next Saturday.

E

Comment

The Wash is one of my favorite days out at Adair! Hope to see everyone out there
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

Only a few days left until The Wash!!!!

I have a bunch of prizes and Calapooia is on board again!! The Susy Stix banter heated up last night and the competition looks fierce.

All we need now is for you all to show up and take home all the prizes.

Eric Smith

Comment

I am thinking of heading down. A good reason to play Adair.

Anyone from PDX interesting is rideshare?
                "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                  Several people have mentioned that they will be bringing their children with them tomorrow. Although I don’t have any kid related activities (unless some motivated parent comes up with one) children are welcome and you will not be required to make a donation on their behalf. As far as the entry fee is concerned, to be fair to everyone, people (including children) who want a disc in the morning and would like to be in the prize drawing will need to make the minimum $25.00 donation to the food share.
                  Well behaved dogs are welcome. If your dog is aggressive toward other dogs or people, please leave them at home. If your dog has ever been in a dog fight but you still think they are ok, please leave them at home.

Thank you

Eric Smith

Comment

Wow, I may have overdone it with the prizes a little. I just did a quick count and I have around 200 and all of these prizes were donated by local businesses.

Some raffle prize highlights include;

Multiple $25, $30, $50 and $100 gift certificates.
                    Two “OSU Lilies”.
                    A box of dog goodies.
                    An adult only hand carved ash tray from a friend currently living in Thailand (this will be explained at the event).
                    2 Portland Timbers scarves and tickets (you will be going with Ted and participation in the Timber army craziness is required)

The prizes for the random drawing are many as usual.

We have a bunch of food including burgers, sun burgers, hot dogs, cookies, and probably some other stuff ( I don’t know, that’s not my department) my mom’s potato salad will also be there but none of you are allowed to have any, it’s all MINE!!!!! Ok, you can have some.

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Yee Haa, let’s do this.

Eric Smith
                    (541) 740-9535

Comment

I should explain the raffle.

When you come to The Wash you will have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for the larger and more unique prizes. Tickets will be 1 for $1, 6 for $5, and 25 for $20 so bring some extra cash or your check book with you. You won’t want to miss out.

This is separate from the prizes handed out after the round.

Thank you

Eric

Comment

Pickup is loaded. I must have forgotten something, I still have a couple cubic feet left.

Remember, discs for the first 50 people to show up and make a donation so come early.

See you all in the morning.

Eric

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                          The Wash is done for one more year. Once again, my mom asked if she would have to do this again next year and once again I said “no, as long as we cure hunger between now and then”. This year we raised about $2000.00 so we did cure some hunger. I say about because there are still some checks coming in and I still have some discs for sale.
                          We had a record amount of golfers this year with about 50. The low scores for the golf round went to Kim Halsey and Dion Arlyn and the Susy Stix competition was hot again this year. In the end Dion Arlyn (top trophy collector of the day) and Conner Smith were victorious.
                          We had a lot of great prizes and once again everyone who showed up left with more prizes than they could carry. Hopefully next year we get even more people to relieve the burden.
                          I still have discs for sale:
                          Blizzard Boss $15
                          Star Katana $16
                          These discs have been paid for so 100% of the money for these discs go to the food share. Contact me directly if you are interested.

I want to say thank you to all the event sponsors for paying for The Wash. Thank you to all the local businesses who donated prizes.

Mostly I want to thank everyone who came to the event. The Wash is a crazy fun event and it’s made that much better by the people who show up.

Thank you

Eric Smith

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X