What will the layout be?
    Short, Long, Winter?
    or half longs saturday and long sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by couve discer View Post
      What will the layout be?
      Short, Long, Winter?
      or half longs saturday and long sunday?
      I could be wrong but I am pretty sure it will be the same as the previous two NAACS: All short for the two rounds on Saturday and all long for the final round on Sunday.

Comment

Pier Park will be closed Saturday and Sunday to the general public in order to make way for the Northwest's largest amateur ONLY disc golf tournament. Feel free to come out and watch if you haven't already signed up to play. It should be a blast.

The Player's Packet is almost complete. It includes, one Innova, one Discraft, and one Latitude disc. A commorative glass, a pair of NAAC socks, a Sport-Tek® - Tricolor Shoulder Micropique Sport-Wick® Polo shirt, and a mini disc bottle opener.

This year, in addition to the real life tournament, we're also running a fantasy NAAC tournament. We've partnered with PlayFantasyDiscGolf.com to run a separate fantasy sports based event. Participation is free and prizes will be awarded during the award ceremony at the NAAC. To register for your free account and join the tournament, go to www.playfantasydiscgolf.com. Register your account and then click "Leagues" and "Find a League". Then enter the invitation code, "BA3C69OC". First place will get an Innova Traveler basket so make sure you join the fun!

You don't have to be a player in the event but you do have to be present at the awards ceremony to win!

Comment

From SportsZoneMedia.com

Disc Golf's 2012 Next Adventure Amateur Championship in Portland this Weekend

Posted by KC Dermody in Sports News | 0 comments
          The 2012 Next Adventure Amateur Championship will take place this weekend, over August 25-26, in Portland at the Pier Park Disc Golf Course. Firefly Disc Golf is helping to not only provide a valuable service to the disc golf community, but to promote the great sport of disc golf in a number of different ways including putting on some of the best tournaments in the region.
          This event was added to the PDGA Supertour schedule, making the NAAC one of four events in the Pacific Northwest at that level. This PDGA sanctioned A-tier event has been one of the most talked about disc golf tournaments in the area, and this year’s will include 144 players, selling out nearly two months in advance.
          For those who weren’t able to register in time, or who just have an interest in disc golf, this will be an excellent event just to come find out what the sport is all about, and possibly pick up some tips by watching some of the more experienced disc golfers out on the course.
          According to the DGR site, Pier Park offers a beautiful course in the city park with “200 foot Douglas Firs that come into play on almost every hole.” This is a well-maintained, challenging course with a wide variety of holes to keep players entertained.
          The park itself is located in the St. Johns neighborhood of Portland and includes a playground, water fountain and splash area, tennis courts, pool and even a skate park.
          The tournament will kick off with Pool B players teeing off at 8 a.m. for round one, with Pool A players teeing off at 11 a.m. on Saturday. Sunday’s Final Round for Pool A will begin at 9 a.m., with the Final Round for Pool B at noon. The Final 9 will take place at 3:30 p.m. with the top four Advanced players followed by dinner and a concert at 5 p.m., and finally an Awards ceremony at 6 p.m. followed by a Raffle at 6:30 p.m.
          Come out and join the fun this weekend at Pier Park!

http://sportszonemedia.com/2012/08/d...-this-weekend/

Comment

Great. Its still two full days away and I already have insomnia, lol.....I start counting sheep, but they just turn into bidie putts, and since im dreeeeaming, .... they all go in. You would think thats a good thing, but ive never had a Birdie putt I wasnt anxious about, thus......uhg. A little hot/Nyquil tody might be in the cards.
            DiscGolf- The ONLY time to enjoy being negative(-)

Comment

Is the schedule found here still accurate?
              “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
              ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

a Sport-Tek® - Tricolor Shoulder Micropique Sport-Wick® Polo shirt
                Damn! That sounds like a nice shirt...
                sigpic
                http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

It looks cool...

Originally posted by DGOD! Disc Golf View Post
                  Damn! That sounds like a nice shirt...
                  http://www.sanmar.com/sanmar-servlet...h=Black%2FIron Grey%2FWhite&top=Y
                  Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Just a few hours until player's start teeing off for the 2012 Next Adventure Amateur Championship. Here's what you need to know for the weekend.
                    • Pool A is Advanced Men, Advanced Women and Adv. Masters
                    • Pool B is Intermediate Men, Intermediate Women and Adv. Grandmasters
                    • Pool B check-in runs from 7:00-7:30 a.m.
                    • Pool A check-in runs from 10:00-10:30 a.m.
                    • All players will receive their player's pack after their first round
                    • The baskets will all be in the short positions on Saturday
                    • The baskets will all be in the long positions on Sunday
                    • There will be approximately 2.5 hrs between rounds on Saturday
                    • Lunch is not provided on Saturday
                    • Next Adventure is providing Lunch and Dinner on Sunday
                    • Tournament Central is at the shelter at approximately 9999 N James St
                    • Players that finish in the top 50% will receive a scrip certificate to Next Adventure in an amount proportional to how well you finish. You can redeem your scrip during normal business hours at Next Adventure
                    • You can download the Player's Guide here with the full schedule and tournament notes
                    • Guests and caddies are welcome to join you for the festivities on Sunday
                    • The final 9 competition is a skins match for the top four players from the weekend regardless of division
                    • Everyone has been entered into the ace pot worth $1,500 in script to Nexgt Adventure
                    • The award ceremony is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Sunday
                    • The final raffle for tons of prizes including a VooDoo Disc Golf bag and a Discatcher Basket will be immediately following the award ceremony and you must be present to win.
                    • Sign up for www.playfantasydiscgolf.com using the invitation code, "BA3C69OC" for a chance to win a Innova Traveler basket.
                    We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, keep practicing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Is the schedule found here still accurate?
                      I think so. Please compare it to the Player's Guide here

Comment

Anyone wanted to preload or preview the Official NAAC Mobile App. Here's the link: http://4discgolf.com/mobile/naac.html

You can even view it if you don't have a mobile app device, just click on it in your browser, then resize your browser to get a feel for how it would look on a phone.

Comment

will hood to coast runners affect getting to pier park this weekend? anyone know? maybe i'll just google that myself...
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

So stoked for this weekend! This was my first tournament last year and it was a BLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                              will hood to coast runners affect getting to pier park this weekend? anyone know? maybe i'll just google that myself...
                              I live out highway 30 in Columbia City and it barely affected my commute last year. There isn't much traffic that early in the morning on a weekday. I just get in the far lane to give them space and traffic runs pretty smoothly. It was smooth even this morning when I was coming to work.

Comment

NACC Blog

Check out the NACC blog Dan Carpenter posted today.

http://nextadventure.net/community/
                                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X