X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    Don't forget that the group camping area at Tournement Central is included in your registration. Louder but free! The camping below, by the river is a first come, $15 a night, and no noise after 10:00. There are also restrictions on vehicles in the camp sites and how many can camp in one site.

That said, I will try to get down early enough for a spot by the river.

Bob
    That's right Bob! And with that being said, I'd like to encourage everyone to camp up at the free group camping! It's fun, it's awesome and all your buddies will be there having a grand old time. The camping spots by the river are totally overrated and you have to walk wayyyyy up to tournament central. And if you are noisy after 10pm weasels come around and gnaw on your flesh! The ORS staff throws things at you all night from the yurts! It's a brutal, brutal experience and no way to spend a weekend.

And with that I hope we can conclude this unfortunate episode of drawing attention to the camping spots down by the river. See you there.

Comment

Don't forget that the group camping area at Tournement Central is included in your registration. Louder but free! The camping below, by the river is a first come, $15 a night, and no noise after 10:00. There are also restrictions on vehicles in the camp sites and how many can camp in one site.

That said, I will try to get down early enough for a spot by the river.

Bob
      Bob you rock If you could secure the McMahan's a spot with the quieter group that would be awesome.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Caloch View Post
        How many is a block? DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE ON THURSDAY NIGHT TO GET MY RIVERSIDE SPOT!! And keep it down, that's the "quiet" camping zone for all us non-heavy partying, actually sleeping types.
        You mean older folks, right?
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Robinhood and I had a nice spot right next to the path from 18 to 1 next to the little bathroom and parking lot. Wake up and potty, walk 100 feet to hole 1.. it was perfect, but the weather was great as well so we didnt have to worry about getting wet or muddy. And i dont know why y'all care about the noise, last year was the quietest ever although when we woke up, everyone looked like crap, must have been a heck of a quiet party.
          Yeah I would hate to be near the river, that a heck of a walk to tournament central, although the showers are right there. We loved GNO, but had to leave before the awards because of the long drive back home.

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
            You mean older folks, right?
            I prefer "more experienced"...potayto, potahto.

Comment

Ha! See you down there.
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                Robinhood and I had a nice spot right next to the path from 18 to 1 next to the little bathroom and parking lot. Wake up and potty, walk 100 feet to hole 1.. it was perfect, but the weather was great as well so we didnt have to worry about getting wet or muddy. And i dont know why y'all care about the noise, last year was the quietest ever although when we woke up, everyone looked like crap, must have been a heck of a quiet party.
                Yeah I would hate to be near the river, that a heck of a walk to tournament central, although the showers are right there. We loved GNO, but had to leave before the awards because of the long drive back home.
                The reason it wasn't noisey last year was because all the partyers were "signing". It was really something to see the guys with a beer in one hand and trying to "sign", "hell yeah, party on dude, give me another freekin' beer, whoops this isn't my tent", with only one hand.

Now since the GNO is a bit earlier in the season than last year everybody might want to start planning now and start gathering firewood for the cold and maybe finding tarps to cover tents and such. Just sayin'.............. BiMart has bundles of firewood for $3 which is as cheap as I've seen it. Maybe our DGO brothers in Roseburg have a hookup for some cheaper or free firewood?

Bob

Comment

The reason it wasn't noisey last year was because all the partyers were "signing". It was really something to see the guys with a beer in one hand and trying to "sign", "hell yeah, party on dude, give me another freekin' beer, whoops this isn't my tent", with only one hand.

Now since the GNO is a bit earlier in the season than last year everybody might want to start planning now and start gathering firewood for the cold and maybe finding tarps to cover tents and such. Just sayin'.............. BiMart has bundles of firewood for $3 which is as cheap as I've seen it. Maybe our DGO brothers in Roseburg have a hookup for some cheaper or free firewood?

Bob
                  DUDE... word on the firewood scene. Im sure i can bring a good size truckload out there enough to share im sure. Thats if i get registered :P

Just waiting for them to go online and BAM im paid!

looking forward to playing in all the oregon series events this year.
                  http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Bob

I wouldn't say that its "earlier" this year, unless 1 day matters that much..

BUT that call for "Firewood" is right on target........

Not sure WHO it was at the Doubles last year...BUT they had a HUGE stack of Firewood...Could have supplied EVERYBODY with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                      I wouldn't say that its "earlier" this year, unless 1 day matters that much..

BUT that call for "Firewood" is right on target........

Not sure WHO it was at the Doubles last year...BUT they had a HUGE stack of Firewood...Could have supplied EVERYBODY with ease.

There must be a local firewood seller who'd like to know about the opportunity. If you look at the bundled firewood in a Bi-Mart or grocery store type retail situation it sometimes comes from as far away as Montana! Montana??!! We live in freaking Oregon and retailers are trucking in firewood bundles from Montana??!! Let's buy some local, yo. Personally I usually have enough room in my trunk to bring enough of my own homegrown and cut firewood.

Comment

can someone please tell me when the registration opens?

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                          can someone please tell me when the registration opens?
                          RIGHT NOW Registration is open

Cindy
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post

Cindy
                            Ok that was a major fake out. Everything is up, but waiting final approval from the TD.

Cindy
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post

Cindy
                              She's right you know. Although there is a note on the registration page that says:

Note: Online registration for this event will open shortly... awaiting final approval from tournament director.

I have no idea what that means.

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1236749313

Comment

Weird. I was able to fill out all of my info, but I could not check out. Were any of you able to get through the registration?

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                                She's right you know. Although there is a note on the registration page that says:

Note: Online registration for this event will open shortly... awaiting final approval from tournament director.

I have no idea what that means.

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1236749313
                                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X