Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Oregon Disc Golf Championships (ORDGC)

Stumptown Disc Golf
    presents
    2012 Oregon Disc Golf Championships
    Sept 15th & 16th
    3 rounds of 18 holes at Trojan Disc Golf Course

This PDGA sanctioned B-Tier invitation only event is designed to deliver the USDGC experience to the very best players in Oregon. In order to crown 4 Oregon State Champions, we will again be setting up Trojan Disc Golf Course in its most challenging layout ever. If you have any doubts about the difficulty of this course just ask someone who played the event last year. This course is no joke.

Divisions & Number of Players
    76 total players
    32 Open Men, 6 Open Women, 32 Advanced Men, 6 Advanced Women

Invitations
    Invitations will be awarded to the top eligible finishers in each division based on their overall score for that weekend. Players can only qualify once and invitations are non-transferable. In the event of a tie, I will give a spot to both players and remove one spot from a later qualifying event.

This is an “opt-in” event. To be eligible to qualify for the ORDGC players will need to pay $10 prior to the start of the first round of play at each qualifying event for their scores for that weekend to count. This $10 is NOT included in any entry fee for any of the above listed events. This is an entirely separate event and fee.

I hope to have online registration up before too long, and I will update this announcement once that happens.

Qualifier Events
    While I may add additional events, the following events will serve as qualifiers for the 2012 ORDGC: (Number in parenthesis indicates the number of available invites)
    Disc-Go-Ball - (MPO-3, FPO-1, MA1-3, FA1-1)
    Great Northwest Open - (MPO-4, FPO-1, MA1-4, FA1-1)
    Rose City Open - (MPO-4, FPO-1, MA1-4, FA1-1)
    Beaver State Fling
    Willamette Open
    Calapooia Classic

The number of invitations given away at each qualifier will vary depending on the number of players in that event, but as a general rule, each event will award the following number of invitations:
    Open Men - 4, Open Women - 1, Advanced Men - 4, Advanced Women – 1. The only exceptions will be if a division fills early due to ties etc.

Masters
    Masters players are welcome to play in the ORDGC, but there will be no age based divisions. Masters will be eligible for invitations provided they play the same course at the same time as their non-protected division. For example: a Pro Master can qualify based on his score IF he played the same course at the same time as Open players. I will be asking TDs to make accommodations for this, but ultimately it will be up to them. Pro Masters are obviously welcome to try to qualify by playing in the Open division.

Schedule
    I will have the course ready for practice rounds mid-morning on Friday, Sept 14th.
    On both days we will have our players meeting at 8:30AM and should be teeing off around 9:00am.

PLEASE NOTE:
    I am well aware some people do not agree with how I have chosen to structure this event. Hopefully, they will respect me and the decisions I have made enough to keep their bashing to a minimum. With that said, I WILL be moderating this thread to keep things civil. After all of the hate mail I have received regarding the BSF Am Lottery my patience is pretty thin at the moment.

Last edited by Bullseye; May 11th, 2012, 11:10 PM.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    After all of the hate mail I have received regarding the BSF Am Lottery my patience is pretty thin at the moment.

yet they will enter the lottery again next year if that is what they have to do and then what if they win a slot.... F-ing ungrateful whinny little shyts. i'm willing to bet not 1 of them will apologize for anything said
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I played ORDGC for the first time last year. I agree with Jeff... this course is no joke.
      At one point our entire card shed tears and we only had 5-10 minutes between our 2 marathon rounds and ended up playing until is started getting dark. 4-5 lost discs and some of the worst blisters I've had in awhile.

That being said... I hope that I play well enough to get invited to play again this year!! I skippped my own state's Championships to do so last year and I have NO REGRETS!!

I <3 THE PDX DISC GOLF COMMUNITY (:

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post

yet they will enter the lottery again next year if that is what they have to do and then what if they win a slot.... F-ing ungrateful whinny little shyts. i'm willing to bet not 1 of them will apologize for anything said
        I think one way to streamline the BSF lottery would be to remove hate mail senders from future lotteries.

I am going to try to qualify for ORDGC this year!

Thanks Jeff!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya Spence View Post
          I played ORDGC for the first time last year. I agree with Jeff... this course is no joke.
          At one point our entire card shed tears and we only had 5-10 minutes between our 2 marathon rounds and ended up playing until is started getting dark. 4-5 lost discs and some of the worst blisters I've had in awhile.

That being said... I hope that I play well enough to get invited to play again this year!! I skippped my own state's Championships to do so last year and I have NO REGRETS!!

I <3 THE PDX DISC GOLF COMMUNITY (:

I felt really bad that you guys had such a short break, but the alternative was to finish completely in the dark. However, I am confident everyone understands the importance of speed of play now

Jeff

PS: The PDX DG Community <3 you too.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Sweet. I look forward to playing this again if I qualify.

This is a great course and a great event.

Thanks Jeff.
            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              I think one way to streamline the BSF lottery would be to remove hate mail senders from future lotteries.

I am going to try to qualify for ORDGC this year!

Thanks Jeff!
              another good point from mr. b... luckily for the hate mail senders and whiney cry babies, jeff hagerty has such a big heart i'm sure he would never consider this option...
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                jeff hagerty has such a big heart i'm sure he would never consider this option...
                and admit to it publicly.

Sorry whiners!

J/K of course, Emma is right about Jeff.

or is she?

Comment

I felt really bad that you guys had such a short break, but the alternative was to finish completely in the dark. However, I am confident everyone understands the importance of speed of play now

Jeff

PS: The PDX DG Community <3 you too.
                  It was stressful but every one of us knew that it needed to be done and rallied. I'm pretty sure not a single one of us felt that it was the wrong decision... none of use wanted to drag that day into the darkness!!!

We were definitely not upset or mad... just a little stressed. That was a rough first round. The second round was way better!!

Respect

Comment

I am well aware some people do not agree with how I have chosen to structure this event.
                    Never forget, the vast majority of us do agree with how you've structured this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                      Never forget, the vast majority of us do agree with how you've structured this event.
                      Yup!

Comment

I took a 12pppp on my last hole last year. Did you get my email I sent the next day after that? Just curious...
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          I took a 12pppp on my last hole last year. Did you get my email I sent the next day after that? Just curious...
                          It was a proud moment for me, so I had Kel frame it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                            Yup, yup!!

Cindy
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              I took a 12pppp on my last hole last year.
                              Confirmed.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X