• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought there were gonna be 32 adv masters not 28

Comment

Originally posted by Amber View Post
      us girls stole them spots.

see post #14... and tell crist no more whining, emma says so...
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, we pulled a card from MM1 to add an additional women's card. Now, I know that probably pissed off a lot of guys, but the reality is this: There are 120 men in this event and only 24 women. Giving them ONE extra card is hardly unfair.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

not whining just wondering when i had talked to jeff earlier he had said 32. now we just need a couple of shadow cards

Comment

not whining just wondering when i had talked to jeff earlier he had said 32. now we just need a couple of shadow cards
            I can safely say that is not gonna happen. There's just not enough time in the day.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Did you see the size of that wait list?
              Looks like we got us some disc golfers in these parts
              Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Did you see the size of that wait list?
                Yup. And it breaks my heart to see so many awesome people on it. This is the absolute worst part of the BSF for me. I'd take a work party any day.

Comment

i think we should make the ams play three days also. One round a day we could accomidate more players without to much hassle. AMS on one side pro's on the other. just a suggestion..

Comment

i think we should make the ams play three days also. One round a day we could accomidate more players without to much hassle. AMS on one side pro's on the other. just a suggestion..
                    Its a LOT more complicated than that unfortunately. Trust me, we have looked at every possible angle, and there really is no "easy" solution.

Comment

i was just wondering,the tee times at the memorial seem to flow pretty good. not saying that yur way is not good! Mite be worth looking at though. there were alot of ams at that event and no conflicts that i had herd. And agian you are doing a great job i understand yur dalema i too hate to see all these good players sitting the side lines not being able to play, not just me. I think if we all want to play we need to step up as a community of golfers and make this even better for the future. And not just complain about how you and yours mite be getting it done. i would like to see the biggest field ever in oregon. I say shut up and put up to all of those who arn't!! with that being said,I am bummed that I'm not playing,and if you need my help let me know??

Comment

Very disappointed. Don't really have much else to say.
                        “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
                        ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

I am of course dissapointed as well...

However I did some research on the Advanced Men’s field and found that there are 17 out of the 72 lottery winners who were also able to play last year, which equates to 23.6% returning players and when I compare that I am #90 out of 150 on the waitlist, the 17 spots that probably shouldn’t have gone to players who got to play last year, doesn’t really matter as the problem isn’t really in the hands of Jeff or anyone else and how they choose to run the entry system. It really boils down to supply and demand. The demand to play in the Beaver State Fling is very high! The supply without going to ridiculously demanding efforts on the part of the TD's is what it is and that is low. I propose an economics lesson wherein Cost is directly correlated to the point where supply intersects with demand. Perhaps raising entry fees considerably would not only raise additional funds to further the efforts of the BSF, but also to raise the Cash Payouts on the Pro Side to attract even more of the world’s best players. I must admit I am likely in favor of this as I have steady work and make a decent living and would be willing to pay (***read donate) a couple hundred dollars to compete in this event.

The only other solutions I can see are predicated on qualifiers, or some kind of earning your spot through disc golf related activities such as work party hour credits or community service activity credits or? Or? Or? Or I guess I will just shut up and hope that it won’t be 3 years in a row without playing in the BSF, or I will invest my $200 into proper putting lessons and qualify as a pro???

That being said, thanks to everyone involved for their efforts!
                          Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

The only other solutions I can see are predicated on qualifiers, or some kind of earning your spot through disc golf related activities such as work party hour credits or community service activity credits or? Or? Or? Or I guess I will just shut up and hope that it won’t be 3 years in a row without playing in the BSF, or I will invest my $200 into proper putting lessons and qualify as a pro???

I think that is a cool idea. You must prove your worth! work party's and fundraising along with ability. BUT... I also think that the amount of work these guys are doing and have done to put this on, gives them the right to leave it to a lottery and call it that. (but I got in, so I might be biased in the lottery's favor.) Thanks Jeff and Jeff! you guys rock!
                            Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment