X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keeneye View Post
    FYI- Friends of Pier Park has created a Pier Park 10th anniversary disk. It is a KC Pro Roc with a great stamp. I think it's $15.00, and all of the money will be going back into the park. Please buy one so we can continue to build better paths and continue maintanance around the park.
    And where can we get one?

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
      The Rose City Open layout:

Hole Saturday Sunday
      1 Long Long
      2 N/A N/A
      3 Left Right
      4 Long Long
      5 Right Right
      6 Right (short) Left (long)
      7 Long Long
      8 Short Long
      9 Right (short) Left (long)
      10 Left (long) Left (long)
      11 Short Long
      12 Long Long
      13 Long Long
      14 Short Long
      15 Short Long
      16 N/A N/A
      17 Short Long
      18 Long Short

Note that 9 baskets will change positions prior to Sunday's rounds.
      Eric and Justin, will each pool play the same number of rounds on each layout?

It seems like the baskets would have to move after the first round on sunday so that each pool had two rounds on the first set of placements and then each pool would have one round on the last set of placements. If you mix it up people who are trying to qualify for the ORDGC would be restricted to their pools for qualification and it will make the TD Report a little more involved.
      Last edited by Flash; May 25th, 2012, 11:55 PM.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

And we're off! MA1 first round is in the books and (unofficial) round scores are here....Flight B, including MPO, MPM, FPO, MM1 and FA1 are halfway through their second round and the sun is coming out.

Comment

And we're off! MA1 first round is in the books and (unofficial) round scores are here....Flight B, including MPO, MPM, FPO, MM1 and FA1 are halfway through their second round and the sun is coming out.
          Now THAT is some TD'ing right there! Mid tournament results!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
            Now THAT is some TD'ing right there! Mid tournament results!
            Living a mile from the course helps!

Day 1 is in the books and the results are here. Tbe MA1 ratings changed (went up) just a bit as now all of the day's rounds are factored in together. Keep in mind that right now all rounds from today are rated together. We will be interested to see if and how they change when we submit the TD report and the different flights get sorted out.....

Mike Medlock sure got started with a bang! As in an ace on his first throw of the tournament! Anyone ever heard of that before? He got it on hole 5.

And holy hannah the rain started coming down hard (as we were all tallied up, packed up, and driving away from the course). It's supposed to be pretty decent tomorrow. We'll do our best to get any wet teepads cleaned up in the morning after all this rain.

Thanks everyone for the timely check-ins, smooth rounds, and the clean, error free scorecards thus far. We'll see you tomorrow.

p.s. Eric and Justin wish Benotsch was here.
            Last edited by Lund; May 26th, 2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Awesome job so far, Eric and Justin.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Living a mile from the course helps!

Day 1 is in the books and the results are here. Tbe MA1 ratings changed (went up) just a bit as now all of the day's rounds are factored in together. Keep in mind that right now all rounds from today are rated together. We will be interested to see if and how they change when we submit the TD report and the different flights get sorted out.....

Mike Medlock sure got started with a bang! As in an ace on his first throw of the tournament! Anyone ever heard of that before? He got it on hole 5.

And holy hannah the rain started coming down hard (as we were all tallied up, packed up, and driving away from the course). It's supposed to be pretty decent tomorrow. We'll do our best to get any wet teepads cleaned up in the morning after all this rain.

Thanks everyone for the timely check-ins, smooth rounds, and the clean, error free scorecards thus far. We'll see you tomorrow.

p.s. Eric and Justin wish Benotsch was here.
                Me too, although the scores in MPM look like I would have been left in the dust!

Comment

Eric and Justin ran an awesome tourney!

I got some quality video despite bizarre battery problems. I'd put a charged battery in and it would say it was empty. I'd pull it out put another charged battery in and it would also say empty. After constant switching of batteries, finally one would pop up charged.

I missed some shots but got some great footage of MPO lead card and 2nd card.

As far as I know, I was told that Chris Becker took 1st, Sean Phillips 2nd, Scott Withers 3rd, and James Moore 4th. Doug Salty won Pro Masters!

I'm going to try and grind this video up on YouTube. As far as I know I got the first birdie (on video) on hole 15 long by James Moore. James parked it for a 3' reach in putt and the gallery went BANANAS! Also notable, Sean Phillips birdied hole 1 long, 3rd round and I think this is also the first birdie on video of this hole. If not I think it is at least the 1st birdie (on video) in a PDGA sanctioned event.

Sean played spectacularly. On hole 11, he pierced the gap and no one could find his disc. There were 20 people from the gallery looking for his drive and it just disappeared. Nikko Locastro climbed up on someone's shoulders and climbed over the rooftop of the decaying hobbit hut thing near the basket of hole 11 and looked inside but it wasn't there either. Time ran out and Sean had to re-tee for 3 and parked it 20' past the basket and canned the 4 putt.
                  Last edited by Bullseye Disc Golf.com; May 27th, 2012, 08:09 PM.
                  Steve
                  http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Comment

Any my friends. THAT IS HOW YOU RUN A B-TIER. Great Job Eric and Justin, thats as smooth as they can go at least from a players point of view. Thank you for all the effort, getting sponsors is HUGE. Hopefully people hooked you guys up with a little money for running it.

Very happy with how the whole weekend went.

Thanks again

Scott Withers

Comment

• Great weekend of disc thanks for all the work from everybody involved. Justin and Eric I hope you were able to enjoy some of the beers that i dropped off you both deserve a couple. Top notch gig looking forward to next year only 364 more days to go.

Comment

• Great job Eric and Justin. You guys did an awesome job!

Comment

• Eric, and Justin Great event, thank you for all your hard work. Finally some Latitude plastic at an event! I hope more TDs agree and take your lead towards latitude, especially Goldline plastic!
                          PDGA# 49616
                          Stumptown# 353
                          OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Awesome job so far, Eric and Justin.
                            Congrats on your win Sam!
                            PDGA# 49616
                            Stumptown# 353
                            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

• Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                              Congrats on your win Sam!
                              Thanks Josh. I have never played with that much nervous energy. 54 holes of trying to catch my breath and slow my heart down. Trophy should be hanging at Jimmy's Bar and Grill by now, I think.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Wondering when I will be able to spend my scrip at Next Adventure..

Thank you dudes again.. Very fun tourney!

Grummert
                                Don't knock it until you rock it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X