X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info.

And as it was already said the work that has gone into this course is awesome. Every improvement has such an impact and makes me proud to call Pier my home course.
    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

I thought there was a long pin location for #16. We played it in a tournament several years ago. Does this pin option still exist? Thanks for all the hard work by TD's, stumptown, etc. to make this course great!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by overstable, underthrown View Post
        I thought there was a long pin location for #16. We played it in a tournament several years ago. Does this pin option still exist? Thanks for all the hard work by TD's, stumptown, etc. to make this course great!!!!
        I hear it was too close to the walking path.. Since been removed.
        Don't knock it until you rock it!

Comment

RCO schedule including Friday doubles

Don't forget to consult the schedule page at rosecityopen.com for your Pool assignment and all of the corresponding scheduling details for the weekend.

Note that on Friday there will be a random draw doubles ($5 buy-in, check in 4:30 - 5:15, tee off 5:30). Thanks, Jordan Lewis for running this again!!!!

We will also have early check-in for the RCO at Pier on Friday for a couple hours, beginning at 4:30.

So come on down to get first pick of your player's pack disc and hat (amateurs), practice on the RCO layout, and play some doubles.
          Last edited by Lund; May 21st, 2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
            The Rose City Open layout:

Hole Saturday Sunday
            1 Long Long
            2 N/A N/A
            3 Left Right
            4 Long Long
            5 Right Right
            6 Right (short) Left (long)
            7 Long Long
            8 Short Long
            9 Right (short) Left (long)
            10 Left (long) Left (long)
            11 Short Long
            12 Long Long
            13 Long Long
            14 Short Long
            15 Short Long
            16 N/A N/A
            17 Short Long
            18 Long Short

Note that 9 baskets will change positions prior to Sunday's rounds.

Great choices, Lund! I especially agree with 18. Greater score seperation for 18 in the "short" placement. That makes the hole count more coming down to the wire.

Comment

Thanks for all your hard work Eric. And for posting the hole locations. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by blang11 View Post
                Great choices, Lund! I especially agree with 18. Greater score seperation for 18 in the "short" placement. That makes the hole count more coming down to the wire.
                Well I am only half of the team but thanks for the kind words. That is what Justin and I were hoping with regards to 18 and some of the other holes. We could have some good data after a couple years worth of rounds to assess score variation on different holes and placements.

I think we said something about entering hole by hole scores into a spreadsheet last year too. It didn't happen but we have the scorecards in a box somewhere.

Comment

Anyone know if Dustin Keegan is at full health and ready to shred Pier? Rumor had it that he was a little hurt and in pain after the Walla Walla event.
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

Steve yang and I played today and the course looks great with the gravel walkouts, cant wait to for this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
                      I think we said something about entering hole by hole scores into a spreadsheet last year too. It didn't happen but we have the scorecards in a box somewhere.
                      get me those cards, i got a bitchin usb 10-key that works great for data entry...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Ill not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I heard nikko is going to be playing RCO but the big news is Jeff Elliott will also be playing and signing autographs after each round for 30 minutes don't miss your chance to get his autograph and make some money on e-bay

Comment

I just ran to Cosco and grabbed an entire case of Sharpies!! Rest assured Jeff Will be prepared for the onslaught.

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
                            I just ran to Cosco and grabbed an entire case of Sharpies!! Rest assured Jeff Will be prepared for the onslaught.
                            As long as you catch him before he can sit down with that onslaught he should be out for the rest of the event.
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

rock on with your bad selves!!!

hey all you kids!

just wanted to say that i will truly miss experiencing this event this weekend with all of you... i sure do love me some pier park and i know that lundy and hiatt do a fantastic job of running a smooth show! however... there are rufflebutts to be worn and nonsanctioned events to be occupied in my world so while you are putting your putts dead center chains i will be thinking fondly of you as i take dead aim at some 3/4 inch copper pins and get back to my roots...

have the most awesome of times everyone!
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

FYI- Friends of Pier Park has created a Pier Park 10th anniversary disk. It is a KC Pro Roc with a great stamp. I think it's $15.00, and all of the money will be going back into the park. Please buy one so we can continue to build better paths and continue maintanance around the park.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X