Rose City Open 2012 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by all2common View Post
    Skelly is registered for the Lilac.
    I see that but a field of two is lonely. Clearly the RCO has a stronger following!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

    Comment


    • #47
      so i am pretty sure that a few days ago i was 13th on the waitlist, now it seems i am 17th...i am confused...maybe retarded for thinking i was 13th. i think i have a pretty good memory, would have saved the page if i thought for one minute i would have gotten bumped. maybe I'm totally wrong? oh well...stupid of me to not sign up soon enough, didn't know if i could do it.
      "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by ski2man View Post
        so i am pretty sure that a few days ago i was 13th on the waitlist, now it seems i am 17th...i am confused...maybe retarded for thinking i was 13th. i think i have a pretty good memory, would have saved the page if i thought for one minute i would have gotten bumped. maybe I'm totally wrong? oh well...stupid of me to not sign up soon enough, didn't know if i could do it.
        Todd-
        The waitlist has not been rearranged at all. Your waitlist submission on 4/17/2012 at 7:22 does put you at 17th.

        Note that if we do not get more than 11 additional pro registrations by May 4th we will likely increasing the MA1 field by 12-16.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Lund View Post
          Todd-
          The waitlist has not been rearranged at all. Your waitlist submission on 4/17/2012 at 7:22 does put you at 17th.

          Note that if we do not get more than 11 additional pro registrations by May 4th we will likely increasing the MA1 field by 12-16.
          right on, i knew i was crazy

          well, perhaps i will just make it...or more likely, just miss it

          thanks!
          "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

          Comment


          • #50
            Just a reminder that Pros have until the end of the day this Friday, May 4th to register for the RCO. There are ~ 9 spots remaining until then and we know of at least 3 other people who plan to register which would leave ~ 6 slots.

            If those spots are not claimed by pros we will increase the MM1 field by 4 (to 28) which will essentially fill that Pool (MPO,FPO,MPM, MM1)

            Also on Friday we will increase the MA1 field, depending on FA1 registrations between now and then. It is looking like the MA1 field will be 60 at least.

            All of these spots will be filled in order from the waitlist, and we will email those people who have been waiting patiently with registration instructions.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Lund View Post
              Just a reminder that Pros have until the end of the day this Friday, May 4th to register for the RCO. There are ~ 9 spots remaining until then and we know of at least 3 other people who plan to register which would leave ~ 6 slots.

              If those spots are not claimed by pros we will increase the MM1 field by 4 (to 28) which will essentially fill that Pool (MPO,FPO,MPM, MM1)

              Also on Friday we will increase the MA1 field, depending on FA1 registrations between now and then. It is looking like the MA1 field will be 60 at least.

              All of these spots will be filled in order from the waitlist, and we will email those people who have been waiting patiently with registration instructions.
              Suuhhweeet!! I am really wanting some revenge on Pier...maybe this year I can get some sleep. Competing on three hours sleep is not a recipe for success! Number two on the waitlist is looking solid

              Comment


              • #52
                We are increasing the MA1 field to 60 and have had a couple withdrawals from the MM1 division (+ 1 player switching to MA1).

                I just sent emails or PMs to #1-12 on the MA1 waitlist and #1-3 on the MM1 waitlist with an invitation and link to register. If you are one of the people on those lists check your inbox.

                Please register or let Justin or I know your intention as soon as possible so that we can proceed down the waitlist as need be.

                Thanks,
                Eric

                Comment


                • #53
                  Long Live the RCO!

                  Thanks for the shout-out Flash! I've been out chewin' up the roads and doing some road races & chasin' around the little one so I have only played a couple times over the last 18 months. I will truly be missing a great event, although I hope to get out and caddy a round on Sunday like last year.

                  Good luck to you all!!


                  Originally posted by Flash View Post
                  I would like to see Andrew Rich at this event, his game is a good fit for this course. I also thought Dave Feldberg was traveling with a couple of really good players, maybe he forgot to tell them about this one.

                  Where are:
                  Tim Skellenger
                  Tyler Christensen
                  Nate Sexton ( I think Nate hates Pier)
                  Colin Sexton
                  Cory Coates ( I know he had a wonderful new child but come on Portland Disc Golf needs this guy)
                  Leland O'Driscoll

                  These guys are all kick ass golfers who should be at this event tearing it up.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Flash View Post
                    I would like to see Andrew Rich at this event, his game is a good fit for this course. I also thought Dave Feldberg was traveling with a couple of really good players, maybe he forgot to tell them about this one.

                    Where are:
                    Tim Skellenger
                    Tyler Christensen
                    Nate Sexton ( I think Nate hates Pier)
                    Colin Sexton
                    Cory Coates ( I know he had a wonderful new child but come on Portland Disc Golf needs this guy)
                    Leland O'Driscoll

                    These guys are all kick ass golfers who should be at this event tearing it up.
                    Top two players in the world ain't good enough ?

                    ( I know what you mean but to get Dave and Nikko is pretty good eh)

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Haha I don't hate pier! I do tend to shoot well below my rating and take about 7th place every year at the RCO though. If I play anything that weekend it will be LCO, only because it will be the only A-tier I would get to play this year. Hope the RCO goes great, good luck to everyone.
                      Innova Champion Discs
                      Discmania
                      huk lab
                      Keen Footwear
                      Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                      Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                      Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Last call for the Advanced ladies

                        Advanced Women-

                        This is your last call to sign up for the RCO. At present there are 7 ladies signed up, or 2 cards. 2 more would make three cards of 3!

                        Otherwise we will soon offer 4 more spots to #13-16 on the MA1 waitlist and increase their field to 64.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I talked to...someone haha I can't recall who, but apparently I was 9th on the waiting list and I haven't seen a PM in my box, so just wanted to post this up here and see if anyone can give me a little info, Thanks!!

                          ~Tim Baugher #39881
                          "Yammits"
                          www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
                          www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Yammits View Post
                            I talked to...someone haha I can't recall who, but apparently I was 9th on the waiting list and I haven't seen a PM in my box, so just wanted to post this up here and see if anyone can give me a little info, Thanks!!

                            ~Tim Baugher #39881
                            "Yammits"
                            Tim-
                            I sent you an email earlier today, actually. You and everyone can see the waitlist at rosecityopen.com. Originally you were #21 on the waitlist. Yes, as of right now you are #9.

                            Stay tuned. We are tentatively looking at rearranging the pool assignments including an MA1 only pool. This would mean everyone on the waitlist gets in and the tournament is full pending the registrations from the waitlist.
                            Last edited by Lund; May 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              That is great news. I hope that works out. I was debating between LCO and the RCO and I would prefer to play on my home course.
                              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by all2common View Post
                                Rose City Open brought to you by Next Adventure and Stumptown Disc Golf Club


                                What: Rose City Open 2012
                                Where: Pier Park in Portland, OR
                                When: May 26 and 27

                                Cost: Amateur - $60*; Pro - $70* + Optional $2 Ace Pot
                                *If non-PDGA add $10

                                Players' Packs: Locally hand-made beanies, Latitude 64 disc (your choice of Gold line River, Gold line Havoc, Opto line Stryker, or Vision), and a commemorative pint glass. Pros will get a pint glass as well.

                                The Rose City Open will be offering the following 6 divisions:
                                Open Men (MPO)
                                Open Women (FWO)
                                Open Masters Men (MPM)
                                Advanced Men (MA1)
                                Advanced Women (FW1)
                                Advanced Masters Men (MM1)

                                Maximum # players = 144

                                Divisions will be separated into 2 flights:

                                Flight A: MA1
                                Flight B: MPO, FWO, MPM, MM1, FW1



                                Event Schedule

                                Friday, May 25th
                                5:00 - 7:00 PM - Early check in
                                5:00 - 8:30 PM - random flip doubles

                                Saturday May 26:
                                7:30 - 8:30 am - Check in
                                9 - Flight A Players' meeting
                                9:30 - Flight A Tee off Round 1
                                12:30 - Flight B Players' meeting
                                1:00 - Flight B Tee off Round 1
                                4:00 - Flight A Players' meeting
                                4:15 - Flight A Tee off Round 2

                                Sunday May 27:
                                7:30 - Flight B Players' meeting
                                8 - Flight B Tee off Round 2
                                11 - Flight A Players' meeting
                                11:30 - Flight A Tee off Round 3
                                2:30 - Flight B Players' meeting
                                2:45 - Flight B Tee off Round 3
                                6 - Awards


                                The Rose City Open is a B-Tier event. It is also an ORDGC qualifier event.

                                A big THANK YOU goes out to Kel Carver for this year's logo! Pretty rad how that guy just churns out cool design after cool design. Thanks Kel.

                                Want to sponsor a hole? Ask me how!

                                --
                                Sincerely,

                                Justin Hiatt
                                Eric Lund
                                Please note important things in bold above. All people currently on the waitlist have been emailed. The tournament is tentatively full, pending waitlist response. Any additional interested players for any division should add their name to the waitlist here. Please obey the leash laws, and no you cannot take your dog with you during your tournament rounds.

                                Please review the schedule above with pool assignments. Let me or Eric know if you have any questions.

                                -Justin Hiatt
                                Last edited by all2common; May 9th, 2012, 08:37 PM.
                                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X