Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discVENTures
    started a topic Disc GO Ball, April 14 & 15 - Bend, OR

Disc GO Ball, April 14 & 15 - Bend, OR

The Disc Go Ball is back with a new layout!

Bend Metro Park & Recreation District (BMPRD) has approved and will be funding the materials for a new 9-hole layout in the Pine Nursery over the next few months; Mach 5 baskets with multiple placements, two cement tees per hole, custom tee signs and other amenities are in the dream plan and soon to be reality. Many of these improvements will be completed prior to the event.

We will be adding 9 temp holes to the updated layout and competing in 3 rounds of 18 holes over the weekend. This combination Disc Golf/ Ultimate Frisbee event also features an array of Frisbee side games, on field snacks, entertainment, demonstrations, and a Saturday night player's party. This year's theme is "The Apocalypse". We're doomed. Limit 80 players, get on board.

Info

• mowens404
    replied
    Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
    Ryan, thanks for running a great event!

no kidding! that was so much fun! you guys don't waist any time and constantly have something going on. That is something that I really admire about certain TD's, they constantly have the crowd involved in something, no down-time. The ace runs, the ring of fire, the long distance, the MTA! everything was great fun. well worth the trip up from Portland, and you can guarantee i'll be back next year! Thanks Ryan!

Leave a comment:

• Pizzel
    replied
    Ryan, thanks for running a great event!

Leave a comment:

• bryan_luoma
    replied
    Unfortunately, I was not present to personally experience the well-oiled Ball.
    However, from a distance, I was very impressed by the lighting fast results being published (sat and sun).
    You're doing it right! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    Awesome time......But what else would you expect from a Ryan Lane run event?

Played like crap..but got to play with some Girls....
    Of course THAT was my best round of the weekend.

Cant wait for the concrete tees and those other 9 baskets to go in the ground.

My sunburn MAY start feeling better one of these days....

Leave a comment:

• Sally W
    replied
    Originally posted by emmarose View Post
    ... and of course, rach... thanks for the house, the bed, the covers and the bacon. you are amazing...
    oh hells yeah. Remember- everyone has friends if they carry bacon in their pockets. Thanks Rachillin! You rock!

Leave a comment:

• Sally W
    replied
    damn. and i thought it was tearing up the dance floor to "baby got back" with that cute red head...
    Well damn, that was pretty epic. everyone needs an excuse to pull out the "butt move" yeah emma, you know what I'm talkin about. epic pro women's high five comin your way.

Leave a comment:

• LegoRules
    replied

... and i gotta mention this... sally and zoe blew my freaking mind... well played girls... that round on sunday with you two and cindy mcmayhem was quite possibly the best tourney round i've ever played... not rating's wise, but awesomeness wise... thanks, girls.
    Ditto on all points!

Cindy

Leave a comment:

• emmarose
    replied
    but seriously...

... that was an exceptionally rad weekend (despite not winning... yes, i really do love winning that much especially when you get a beautiful handmade ceramic bowl as a trophy. zoe, can i have your bowl?)...

i will say this, too... bend straight up kicked my ass... i'm tired, everything hurts, i'm sunburnt (note to self: when traveling to bend in the springtime, bring the spf 100 for heaven's sake) and have pretty much no voice left (yeah, dance party... in case none of you knew, joey moro and sally west are exceptional company on the dance floor... those crazy ultimate kids... they thought they could dance)

gretchen & ryan, you guys put on a classy show... the trophies and extras and just really knowing your job and how to get things done. and i know there is a ton of people who put in a ton of work that i don't know, but i really do appreciate all of it.

and of course, rach... thanks for the house, the bed, the covers and the bacon. you are amazing...

... and i gotta mention this... sally and zoe blew my freaking mind... well played girls... that round on sunday with you two and cindy mcmayhem was quite possibly the best tourney round i've ever played... not rating's wise, but awesomeness wise... thanks, girls.

Leave a comment:

• emmarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Sally W View Post
    Weird- it was my favorite moment too
    damn. and i thought it was tearing up the dance floor to "baby got back" with that cute red head...

Leave a comment:

• Sally W
    replied
    Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    Many thanks to Ryan and Gretchen for putting on another great event in Bend. I love coming over to visit you guys!

My favorite tourney moment? Watching the entire field gunning for a new basket by firing disc after disc after disc at a basket in the field. After a few rounds a finally a disc slams the chains and drops in the basket... and here comes Sally West running up to grab her new basket.

Pretty cool.
    Weird- it was my favorite moment too

Leave a comment:

• Sally W
    replied
    I just want to send a HUGE thank you to all the Bend folks for throwing one heck of a tournament. Great course, Amazing players party, Great weather, a kick-ass group of ladies to play (and dance) with, and all you guys were pretty freaking rad too.

Hopin' that Bend jumps on the disc golf bandwagon and gets all 18 in the ground permanently!

Oh- and I still have a perma-grin from hittin that shot to win the basket. heehee! I guess I have no excuses to not practice my putting now...

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye
    replied
    Many thanks to Ryan and Gretchen for putting on another great event in Bend. I love coming over to visit you guys!

My favorite tourney moment? Watching the entire field gunning for a new basket by firing disc after disc after disc at a basket in the field. After a few rounds a finally a disc slams the chains and drops in the basket... and here comes Sally West running up to grab her new basket.

Pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• spanky11
    replied
    That was a killer round dude, be proud of that. But yes he FSO is a great event lots of people come out and we would have a blast.

Take care Jason

Leave a comment:

• OneDarkRebel
    replied
    Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
    Must be Marcus, lol had an amazing time battling you too. Can't wait for what the season holds. If i ever get a chance this year I will head back to Oregon again. Love the tournament love the people and i had an amazing time. Can't wait for next year.

Thank you everyone

Jason
    Yep Jason, it's me! Again, congratulations on your win and I had a great time, well most of the weekend...chasing you down is quite a chore! I look forward to playing against you again, maybe at FSO...I'll play harder next time since apparently 1023 rated golf doesn't get the job done!!

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X