Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather.com is forecasting snow and rain during the Disco Ball!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
      sure is.

luckily i've heard the weather in bend is about as predictable as the weather here in portland...

hoo boy.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Bend Pine Nursery, 3750 NE Purcell Blvd.

Disc Go Ball Course Map:
        http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/course_maps/Disc_Go_Ball_2012.html

Course Route is A - E, walkout to 1 - 9, F - I. The area has been developed since google maps last updated so the map doesn't show some of the new features including; a pond, parking areas, fields, entrance roads, etc. This map at least gives you the distances and general layout.
        Last edited by discVENTures; April 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Quick question: Is there a noticeable difference in disc flight due to elevation differences between the Willamette Valley and Bend?

Comment

Quick question: Is there a noticeable difference in disc flight due to elevation differences between the Willamette Valley and Bend?
            Yep. A lil bit for sure. You'll be throwing discs about 1-1.5 steps flippier than normal.

These results are not scientific: Your results may vary.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              Yep. A lil bit for sure. You'll be throwing discs about 1-1.5 steps flippier than normal.

These results are not scientific: Your results may vary.

I'm not sure if you are serious or not. I have played in Bend a few times, never noticed a difference.

I can't wait to play in this tournament!
              Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                I'm not sure if you are serious or not. I have played in Bend a few times, never noticed a difference.

I can't wait to play in this tournament!
                It's true! I love pulling out some flippier stuff at altitiude.

Comment

as someone who recently moved from Colorado and her home course being at 7,000+ feet (and my favorite tourny being at 10,000ft!) and moving to sea level, I will personally attest to elevation making a difference. It's taken me quite a bit of time to relearn my bag. But granted that was also a large change so it was definitely noticable but yes, there is a difference. I've learned to "club up" now that I'm throwing at sea level. My beat up sidewinder that was my go-to fairway driver at elevation is now too understable for most situations for me here at sea level or close to.

With Bend being at about 3,600 ft it won't be a night and day difference but you may still notice it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally W View Post
                    as someone who recently moved from Colorado and her home course being at 7,000+ feet (and my favorite tourny being at 10,000ft!) and moving to sea level, I will personally attest to elevation making a difference. It's taken me quite a bit of time to relearn my bag. But granted that was also a large change so it was definitely noticable but yes, there is a difference. I've learned to "club up" now that I'm throwing at sea level. My beat up sidewinder that was my go-to fairway driver at elevation is now too understable for most situations for me here at sea level or close to.

With Bend being at about 3,600 ft it won't be a night and day difference but you may still notice it for sure.

interesting. i'll throw some practice shots before the tournament and see if they are different.
                    Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Many thanks to the Rebel army for all the hard work this week; Matt Murphy, Steve Corfield, Peter Belizi, Nate Anderson, Andrew McGettigan, Andy Clark, Adam Erlandson, Dan Leckband, Mike Ward, Janine Gunn, Travis Roehl, and Mike Finney.

Great job today!

The collars are poured and rubber tees have been temporarily installed. The baskets will be in by mid-week.

See y'all next weekend.

Comment

The forcast is looking up....

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Bend+OR+USOR0031

Get signed up........you don't know what your missing!

Comment

Originally posted by discVENTures View Post
                          Many thanks to the Rebel army for all the hard work this week; Matt Murphy, Steve Corfield, Peter Belizi, Nate Anderson, Andrew McGettigan, Andy Clark, Adam Erlandson, Dan Leckband, Mike Ward, Janine Gunn, Travis Roehl, and Mike Finney.

Great job today!

The collars are poured and rubber tees have been temporarily installed. The baskets will be in by mid-week.

See y'all next weekend.

Way to go Rebel Nation.......I was bummed that I could not be out there with you.

Comment

Can we get an updated reg. list please?

Thank you
                            Jason
                            It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

pdgasignup.com has not sent a registration update since March 30, so if you signed up before that you should be on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by discVENTures View Post
                                pdgasignup.com has not sent a registration update since March 30, so if you signed up before that you should be on the list.

Ryan,

Im 99% sure im gonna come over with Shane and Kirk if there is still room. Please let me know, ill bring cash day of it thats cool with you, more open players the better right?

Scott Withers

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X