X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XandorF
    im playing in the GNO, Aloha Suishi, RCO, FSO... so far. so i would hope that my rating goes up through all of these great tournies, although if my rating raised above 970 i wouldnt be able to play (if i didnt get the MPO slot.) So i hope my rating goes up, even if i cant play the BSF.
    There is no upper limit for MA1. Go as high as you want. As long as you don't register as a Pro or accept cash, you're good to play in MA1. You may take some shit for it, but probably not from Sam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Ding! Ding! Ding!

So often we hear the cries of people not playing in the division that their rating dictates. As a 941 rated player, I am almost able to play Intermediate and people are whining about me playing Advanced Masters? Really? Look... if you're sub-935, you should move the hell down if my awesome 941 intimidates you so much. Seriously.

"OCCUPY MM1" If it makes you feel good....AND you can look yourself in the mirror.....

IMO...some people just cant have fun playing IF they cant continue to have a chance at winning........I guess that says ALOT about the other 60% of the players in that division.

Oh yea...Its that time again......

DODGERS SUCK
      DODGERS SUCK
      DODGERS SUCK
      DODGERS SUCK

Comment

• Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
        Sam is not really signing up as an AM again is he?!?
        Next thing someone will tell me is 163 is still signing up as an AM for the 43rd straight year...

If we're playing "how about"... How about top three finishers step the $@*% up.

I'd like to see a revised spreadsheet from TL.... it's getting old.

Do a Dooley.
        thanks wes...and gettin humbled a little by players at or near your age is a great ego check.I truly miss playin with G-man,Jordan,you,and all the great guys in mm1...even The Big Sandy himself..I was in a unique situation over this last year and was able to play tourneys as an mm1,mg1,mpm,and mgm...did not win or place in all...but had so much fun i feel i gained a little more appreciation for all the divisions.My feelin is if you have some success as an am you should challenge yourself to step up and experience Proplay...you dont have to stay there....and George A you were callin me a bagger b4 i was even thru my last round at the BSF 2 yrs ago...you sure you know what one looks like.....

Comment

Ding! Ding! Ding!

So often we hear the cries of people not playing in the division that their rating dictates. As a 941 rated player, I am almost able to play Intermediate and people are whining about me playing Advanced Masters? Really? Look... if you're sub-935, you should move the hell down if my awesome 941 intimidates you so much. Seriously.
          Advanced Master is not the same as Advanced. The guideline for Advanced is below 970. The guideline for Advanced Master is below 935.
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Divisions

The problem is with the PDGA. I can't blame or shame anyone for playing within the rules. What we need to do is get the rules changed. It's funny that the PDGA even list guidelines for play. Just change the rules.
            As for a-tier and above events. Ratings should be used for all divisions for registration. We are trying to get the best pro's involved. Why not get the best of all divisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
              There is no upper limit for MA1. Go as high as you want. As long as you don't register as a Pro or accept cash, you're good to play in MA1. You may take some shit for it, but probably not from Sam.
              http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/58844/2011

Here is an example of a 970+ rated am registering as a pro, but not accepting cash. It is my understanding that is doesn't matter what your rating is, 1010 or 899, that you can play any division (barring an age/sex protected) that you want, as long as you don't accept cash. You can decline the cash flat out, or accept script instead. Paging Chuck Kennedy...
              PDGA #42116

Comment

• Magilla

I am going with the eternal rule of Dodgers suck.. I should get my Timmy Jersey on for Giants opening day manana. 55 rocks

Right ROLLER !

Comment

• Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                  Advanced Master is not the same as Advanced. The guideline for Advanced is below 970. The guideline for Advanced Master is below 935.
                  Can you show me where it says that 935 is the cut-off for Advanced Masters? This is totally news to me.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Can you show me where it says that 935 is the cut-off for Advanced Masters? This is totally news to me.
                    I have a TD packet that has a guideline for play. The graph shows that If you have a rating above 935 you should play pro master. It must be on-line somewhere.

Comment

935 is the cut off for the "Pros playing Am" in MM1. Just like 970 is the cut off for MA1.

Comment

• Ah. Good thing I am not a Pro playing as an Am.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• I have seen Sam purposely "misthrow" discs to add strokes to his round scores to keep his rating where it is... Truth!

Comment

• No chance at that, sir. I might have said that after a bad throw, however. Helping the handicap as it were.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Amateur Registration update 4/7/2012

FA1 18
                              FM1 5
                              MA1 203
                              MM1 54
                              MG1 27
                              MS1 3
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment