X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    If you know one who didn't bag their way in, I'd consider it.

Comment

How about top 10 from last year in the Advanced field get in?
      Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

How about eveybody play the lottery if thats what you have to do. Just a thought. Pretty sure the TDs have enough on their plates.

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
          play open.......
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Sam is not really signing up as an AM again is he?!?
            Next thing someone will tell me is 163 is still signing up as an AM for the 43rd straight year...

If we're playing "how about"... How about top three finishers step the $@*% up.

I'd like to see a revised spreadsheet from TL.... it's getting old.

Do a Dooley.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
              Sam is not really signing up as an AM again is he?!?
              Next thing someone will tell me is 163 is still signing up as an AM for the 43rd straight year...

If we're playing "how about"... How about top three finishers step the $@*% up.

I'd like to see a revised spreadsheet from TL.... it's getting old.

Do a Dooley.

He has every right to play AM. check the rating.
              Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

If you know one who didn't bag their way in, I'd consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                  I actually think the opposite would be more fair. Give priority to those who weren't lucky enough to get in last year. Kinda hard to finish in the top 10 if you couldn't even get in the event in the first place.

As the excellent tradition of the BSF continues, why not give all players who sign up for the lottery one submission into the pool of names and then give players who've attempted to get in in the past, but weren't drawn, one additional name submission into the pool for each year they didn't make it in. (In this scenario, players who turned down their invite into the event would not qualify for the extra name submission(s).)

We could also do a similar thing for people who volunteered in past BSFs.

Comment

19FW1?!?!

Awwwwyeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Holla!

Registration Update: 04 April 2012 03:20 pm

FM1 5
                    MA1 208
                    FW1 19
                    MM1 58
                    MG1 28
                    MS1 3

Total: 321

Comment

• What about adding an extra day? Then everyone could get in and the event will make more cash. Would that work?
                      www.rewindb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                        I actually think the opposite would be more fair. Give priority to those who weren't lucky enough to get in last year. Kinda hard to finish in the top 10 if you couldn't even get in the event in the first place.

As the excellent tradition of the BSF continues, why not give all players who sign up for the lottery one submission into the pool of names and then give players who've attempted to get in in the past, but weren't drawn, one additional name submission into the pool for each year they didn't make it in. (In this scenario, players who turned down their invite into the event would not qualify for the extra name submission(s).)

We could also do a similar thing for people who volunteered in past BSFs.
                        We've been talking about this possibility of double-weighting those who missed out the previous year for a while now, but since we hadn't announced it ahead of time, we didn't think it would be appropriate to institute it this year.

In any case, this year is set in stone and everyone who threw their name into the hat will have an equal chance... just like last year.

Its a work in progress for sure. Rest assured, we are trying to do this as fairly as possible. If its any consolation, I know a couple of people who would LOVE to play the BSF, but will have no chance of doing that in the foreseeable future... Jeff Mittl and I
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• treelove... where'd that post go? i was just reading it, and then i went back to look through the conversation, then when i came back your response to owens was gone before i could finish reading it... you tease!

Comment

• Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                            treelove... where'd that post go? i was just reading it, and then i went back to look through the conversation, then when i came back your response to owens was gone before i could finish reading it... you tease!
                            Moved to this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                              He has every right to play AM. check the rating.
                              Ding! Ding! Ding!

So often we hear the cries of people not playing in the division that their rating dictates. As a 941 rated player, I am almost able to play Intermediate and people are whining about me playing Advanced Masters? Really? Look... if you're sub-935, you should move the hell down if my awesome 941 intimidates you so much. Seriously.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                                We've been talking about this possibility of double-weighting those who missed out the previous year for a while now, but since we hadn't announced it ahead of time, we didn't think it would be appropriate to institute it this year.

In any case, this year is set in stone and everyone who threw their name into the hat will have an equal chance... just like last year.

Its a work in progress for sure. Rest assured, we are trying to do this as fairly as possible. If its any consolation, I know a couple of people who would LOVE to play the BSF, but will have no chance of doing that in the foreseeable future... Jeff Mittl and I
                                Thanks for posting this. And the hard work too! When you guys pass the torch, they should give automatic entries for life!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X