Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well my first BSF in the books and I have to say to the staff, you guys did such an outstanding job. I was truly impressed with the way everything was ran, the food was great and so was the course. Players packs were off the hook!!! I can't leave out all the players from out of town thanks for making the trip out to this outstanding course. Thanks again.
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    74 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

• as a friday volunteer i would like to say thanks to the pro mens age protected and the pro ladies for allowing me to sit on 1E and spot some amazing shots, also thanks to all of you who took the time to thank this spotter for helping out, it reminded me that i needed to do the same thing as a player on saturday and sunday

as a participant i would like to say thanks to all staff and volunteers for the tremendous amount of work that went in to making this one of the best tourneys i have had the good fortune to play. I would like to add a special thanks to the folks responsible for course prep. I have played the course many times in the past and always found it to be in rather pedestrian condition but the work put in before this weekend helped to bring out the true majestic beauty of mciver and i saw it in a way i had never imagined, absolutely beautiful. I met and played on cards with some really cool people including mr graham, mr zimmerman, mr cox and mr hankins. Thanks for helping to make it an awesome experience. Well worth the 2200 miles of travel, hopefully i will hit the lotto again in the future!

Comment

• I have to say it was the bomb again being my second BSF. Thanks to the Jeff's, and all of the volunteers. Shout out to Ray, Bake, and Tanya for doing work! It was interesting this year because I didnt know that many people that were there. I made a lot of new friends and had a blast. Jcrab and Sir Lance was the best card I could have hoped to be on. 2 Cool dudes! I shot 2 strokes worse than last year but I had way more fun this time around.
        www.rewindb.com

Comment

• To the 2 "Jeffes" and the rest of the BSF Staff!!!!!

Having been on both sides of this EVENT. i have to say tee times ran smooth as silk and it left plenty of time to visit friends and watch the Pro's play this course like it should be played. Speaking of the course it was in absolutely stellar shape with the rough defining the fairways before you got into the schule it was top notch and really Roc'ed.

Tourney Central was great over a dozen vendors any disc golf related that you have wanted was available to check out baskets every where for putting and Next Adventure's food and Hopworks Urban Brew's to wash it down with!!!

I played on some great card's Wes,PGreene,Dave,George,Kerry,Mr. Hanley it was alot of fun got to meet new guys and i hope we get to Huk some more!!!

Sorry i missed the Players party on Saturday night, so someone else can fill in those details i am sure it was over the top as everything at the Fling always is.

Props have to go out to Zu Glass and Pure Disc Golf for the killer Trophy's

oh yea anybody happen take a pic of me? thanks

we missed you up there J/E 163
          Last edited by NWDiscer; June 19th, 2012, 05:46 AM.
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

• more thank yous...

of course, to Los Jefes... thank you thank you thank you thank you for the best birthday party a girl could ask for! and to everyone who came to my party and said happy birthday and the girls that sang to me (teresa, sally, ??? and mr. hokom not singing but standing in the background and saying happy birthday afterwards...) anywho... totally wonderful.

and to whomever found my opto diamond light on hole 5E where i left it in jail after being so crazy stoked i hit that downhill 40 foot hyzer putt to save my *cough* bogey and leaving it (not at tournament central, which would have been fine) standing up wedged in the bench on hole 13E... solid. i totally ended up needing that disc on 17E. really appreciate the thoughtfullness of that and wonder who it was...

and... to the secret ninja car mechanic that cut away and unbolted all the plastic and mangled metal that was hanging down on my tire and making all kinds of terrible and obnoxious noises at any speed over 55 (and even at 25 on friday morning) while my car was parked down in the far lot and i was golfing. ummm... not gonna lie, kinda weirding me out except that i know it must be a friend, so again, i appreciate the thougtfullness. i also appreciate that my car no longer makes obnoxious (and somewhat scary) noises.

what an exceptional BSF it was. loved. it.

next year i promise to play better.
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• Had a great time at the Fling. It was great to see everyone and watch some awesome golf. Thanks for all the "thank you's" out on the course and here on the forum.

These awesome tourneys do not run themselves and I would like to say thank you to all the players who realize this. I was only a spotter so I can't even imagine what the Jeffs and the rest of the crew had to go through to put this together.

Thank you to all the BSF staff

Comment

• Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                I was only a spotter so I can't even imagine what the Jeffs and the rest of the crew had to go through to put this together.
                We appreciated those who were "only a spotter" just as much as the Jeffs, just as much as the guys pouring beers, just as much as the starters at the holes and so on and so on and so on.

This was my first BSF and I can honestly say it was one of the best weekends this gal has ever had. I'm exhausted, I'm sore, I'm frustrated I didn't play as well as I wanted but I was also so filled with home town pride when I was out on the course with players from Massachussets and Illinois and listening to them absolutely RAVE about what a great tournament and what an amazing venue we were spoiled with all weekend long- especially as we were waiting for the deer to clear from behind 13E so we could putt.... (BTW- whoever paid that deer to put on a show for the out of towners- well done!)

Again, thank you to each and everyone out there, especially those who were "only a spotter"- you guys saved us all a lot of wandering around.

Oh- and thank you to whomever found my Oak Ridge DGC(Durango, CO) mini somewhere between 1W and 3W and returned it to TC. Thought I had lost a sentimental treasure for a while there...

Comment

• Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  i would like to give a very special shout out and heart felt thank you to the volunteers that stuck it out sunday on the west side with the ladies and the crusties... to brianna, ray, julie choate and the starters, melissa johnson and jeff hemmerling, you all did the job of twice your number (and in brianna's case 3 times her number... remember, joby doesn't count, and in ray's case also running security and acting as the bouncer for green 8W). you guys were great, you worked hard and you got bitched at by a lot of people. thanks for being there for us.
                  Aww, thanks for the shout out, Emma. People like you are the reason I do it. I don't let the whiners get me down. I'm sorry I forgot to say happy birthday!

-Julie

Comment

• I didnt do so hot, but is there a place we can look to see if we qualified for the ORDGC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
                      I didnt do so hot, but is there a place we can look to see if we qualified for the ORDGC?
                      Mr. Hagerty will post ORDGC qualifiers here.

Give him a chance to recover a bit first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                        Nice job Skelly!! The Women got PAID this weekend Compared to the other pro divisions! Should help keep the big fields of gals showing up.
                        Jeremy,

First let me say this, the women do get paid at the Fling and rightfully so. The women play just as hard and travel just as far to be crowned a champion of the Beaver State Fling and we like to reward them the best we can. However they did pay more in entry fees then the age protected divisions and that accounts for most of the difference. Also at NT events the added cash is supposed to follow some basic guidelines and that is MPO & FPO are distributed 3:1 based on division size to all age protected divisions. This is because these divisions are the showcase of the National Tour. We love the large women fields and the TD's do everything in their power to encourage more women to come and play.
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

• I drove down to Milo on Saturday with Ernie Davis on to watch awesome disc golf, take pictures, play mini golf, socialize and finally... Play the East Course before heading back home to Seattle. Wow, what a great day of fun! Wish I could have played in the tourney myself but this was the next best thing. I posted a few Photo Highlights on the ol' flickr page.

Cheers, Eric

Comment

• Originally posted by ericedge View Post
                            I drove down to Milo on Saturday with Ernie Davis on to watch awesome disc golf, take pictures, play mini golf, socialize and finally... Play the East Course before heading back home to Seattle. Wow, what a great day of fun! Wish I could have played in the tourney myself but this was the next best thing. I posted a few Photo Highlights on the ol' flickr page.

Cheers, Eric
                            Awesome shots Eric. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Tim Skellenger gets honorable mention and interviewed on Innova.com's home page!

http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/516-...-day-gift.html
                              Steve
                              http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X