3rd Annual Camp Taloali Deaf Youth Camp Fundraiser @ Jerry Miller DGC May 19-20 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyways, the course is getting better and better. Alt pins were put in on holes 1 and 15, both are about 100 feet farther back. Lots of wood was chipped and spread out. New pro pad and pro fairways were mowed and cleared on 2, 7, 10 and 14...

Comment

A bunch of us from Bend are planning to make the trip over !!!! cash the day of ok? sounds like a good time

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
        That's some of the numbers. How many trophies were given, how many people entered etc. are all questions that should be answered when it comes to full disclosure of distribution of prizes.
        Nathan, I am not looking for a public fight and am not even expecting you to answer these questions here but to answer your question on how you could improve I would suggest letting people know that it is a trophy only tournament. That way people could have an educated choice as to the merits of entering the tournament. This year instead of entering I will donate $100 to a charity close to my heart ($35 entry + a tank and a half of gas that I won't be using) and spend that particular weekend at home.
        I do very much commend you on all your charity work and am not trying to begrudge it as it is very honorable, I just feel that as I mentioned, I would rather have known it was a trophy only tournament before I entered it.
        I agree that TD's should disclose payouts beforehand, and will admit the payout was weak. On the other hand, Nathan works really hard to make this one of the most enjoyable events of the year (cabins, bonfire, coffee, killer woods course, river right there). For $35 I will show up every year i can to support any charitable cause. It is hard to pay out when you don't make any money. There are other TD's who make money and put it straight into their own pocket. Give the guy a break, think of it as pay to play on a sick course w/ new friends. Or you could just sit @ home and play your x360?
        J-

Comment

Originally posted by *freeskier View Post
          I agree that TD's should disclose payouts beforehand, and will admit the payout was weak. On the other hand, Nathan works really hard to make this one of the most enjoyable events of the year (cabins, bonfire, coffee, killer woods course, river right there). For $35 I will show up every year i can to support any charitable cause. It is hard to pay out when you don't make any money. There are other TD's who make money and put it straight into their own pocket. Give the guy a break, think of it as pay to play on a sick course w/ new friends. Or you could just sit @ home and play your x360?
          J-
          And I have to admit, the trophies kicked ASS didn't they!? The last 2 years trophies have been among the best I have personally ever seen so plft heh.
          If you think about it, if we would have had 9 more players, that would have added a huge chunk of change to the finances. but hey lets get 80 this year... and a quick rewards ceremony so you on the road by 4pm instead of the usual 2 hour wait at other tourneys? pflt pflt.. anyways negative outside the window. Really busting my ass now, my right hand man is gone for a personal family emergency and now doing this all by myself so help me if you can on friday and saturday etc.... bring good quality baskets if you have them. Rubber teepads and good carpet are nice if you have them. More than needed is better than not enough...
          let's not forget the TWO baskets we have up for grabs this year instead of the one traditional gold mini basket for CTP unlimited $1 throws for half an hour that is INFAMOUS The 2nd basket is a DGA mach lite portable worth $150! Still wondering if I should give it to the Am champion or have both baskets up for CTP at the end? Hmmmm...
          All trophies will be mini sized so that everyone can use their trophy for a mini for the rest of their life... 1-3rd place...

And canned beer only please, no glass...
          Email me at snap7times@gmail.com your full name, pdga nbr if have (pdga $10 non member WAIVED by myself for this tourney), and division playing in...

Comment

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_resul...25261772630576

we are at 30 players now... lets get 80

Comment

Hole 1 and 15 now have B pin placements that are 100 feet longer.
              7 rubber tee pads have been borrowed for the tournament.
              Round 1 layout looking like this;
              1) Hole 1 B pin - 310
              2) Hole 2 B pin - 315
              3) Hole 3 tee to 4B - 647
              4) Hole 5 B pin - 450
              5) Hole 7 tee to 8 A pin - 507
              6) Hole 10 - 267
              7) Hole 11 B pin - 475
              8) Hole 13 B pin - 325
              9) Hole 14 A pin - 275
              10) Hole 15 B pin - 300
              11) Hole 16 B pin - 255
              12) Hole 17 B pin - 180
              13) Hole A - 400
              14) Hole B - 450
              15) Hole C - 350 - Island by river on stump
              16) Hole D - 550
              17) Hole E - 440 - Double Mando Right
              18) Hole F - 300 - Serious dog leg right
              19) Hole G - 350
              20) Hole H - Double mando 250
              21) Hole I - 500

Comment

Passed 35 players. Score cards for all 3 rounds are attached here...

Doubles Friday at 5pm, random draw $5. 15 holes, par 54.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                  Passed 35 players. Score cards for all 3 rounds are attached here...

Doubles Friday at 5pm, random draw $5. 15 holes, par 54.
                  I saw that several names had been added recently to the online list but mine hasn't. One of the names recently added was someone I registered over a week after I did my own....Just checking to make sure I'm on the list....Jeff Sego

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                    I saw that several names had been added recently to the online list but mine hasn't. One of the names recently added was someone I registered over a week after I did my own....Just checking to make sure I'm on the list....Jeff Sego
                    If it helps....order number 1674 from the sign up website. Can provide more info on request.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, it got hidden in another mail box. Found it. Thanks.

Comment

Course Par

Hey Nathan, I was looking at the scorecards and noticed that round 3 shows par 76, while your first post on this thread shows round 3 at par 82.
                        Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

There have been some changes to the courses. There has been some cutting down of cotton wood trees among the main grounds where the temp course is going to be and that changed 1-2 holes. Every fundraiser I have done in the spring and fall has had a lot of tweaks due to the changes that we make to the real course and to the land around the main grounds. Over 150 trees have been cut in the past 2 years and have really made a difference on the temp layout. But it will be enjoyable for sure Everyone loves the 350 foot island hole with the basket on a stump on the levee about 6 feet up with the santiam river about 30 feet behind it.

There was more changes this week from what the caretaker said so hopefully don't have to make any adjustments. Maybe add a hole or two for the 3rd round.... Found a par mistake on hole 11B, that makes it 77, then realized i had 23 holes not 24... damn me for doing this with my 1 year old in my lap. 15 more days until school it out! Yes...
                          Updated round 3, now it is 24 holes and par 80.
                          Last edited by snap7times; May 17th, 2012, 06:44 AM.

Comment

if you plan on coming to pay day of, please be there around 730am to get people signed in and ready... Thanks!

email me at snap7times@gmail.com or text 503 409 5696

Bring your good metal portable baskets if you can and rubber mats if you have one. I'll be at Taloali around 2pm Friday, setting up.

Comment

Got the trophies. All 18 are mini sized so you can use your trophy as a marker forever. Made from oregon myrtle, poruk(forgot how to spell) and maple.

Comment

Lots of cops out on hwy 22. Be careful

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X