X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lions and tigers and bears....... oh my

There will be a disc golf event at Winston's Wildlife Safari on Feb.18 (pro) and 19 (am).
    As in the past there will be a mandatory $5 fee which goes to the Safari.
    We dger's get to choose which department the donation goes to.
    This is truly a unique disc-golfing experience.
    Putting whilst the lions roar is something you won't forget.
    Better yet, the hyena's seem to laugh their ass of whenever you make a dumb shot.
    As we continue to show the safari peeps how big this sport is getting, our chances of having a permanent course there is growing.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

I really wanted to come to this but I have to work saturday...

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
      There will be a disc golf event at Winston's Wildlife Safari on Feb.18 (pro) and 19 (am).
      As in the past there will be a mandatory $5 fee which goes to the Safari.
      We dger's get to choose which department the donation goes to.
      This is truly a unique disc-golfing experience.
      Putting whilst the lions roar is something you won't forget.
      Better yet, the hyena's seem to laugh their ass of whenever you make a dumb shot.
      As we continue to show the safari peeps how big this sport is getting, our chances of having a permanent course there is growing.
      awe.some.ness

do this next year... oh, and give us a little notice ahead of time, amigo!!! i want hyenas to laugh their asses off at me!!!

(i meant to say, "do this again, please. and thank you.")
      Last edited by emmarose; February 14th, 2012, 11:32 AM. Reason: the apostrophe police pulled me over
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Sows flyer

http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...9&d=1323980866

Here you go Emma.
        Unfortunately this sorta got buried.
        FWIW, it was posted in Dec.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
          http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...9&d=1323980866

Here you go Emma.
          Unfortunately this sorta got buried.
          FWIW, it was posted in Dec.
          a-ha.

i will keep my eyes out for it next year.

so many events.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

challenging iron man challenge

Not only is it Safari but Saturday may have wind and rain, while Sunday could be snow and rain.
            This will be a true test for all the players wanting to play them all for the "Iron Man/Woman" status.
            My old bones will be there roaring with the big cats by golly.
            I think my streak is at 150 SOWS gigs in a row.
            No wimps no whiners!
            - Anonymous

Comment

Safari's Sweet 16

Well, the weather forecasts scared some, but most of us have been around these hills long enough to know better.
              20 pro/master on Sat. and 61 am/advanced/ladies on Sun. took on the hills with it's views, wind and sounds of the Safari!
              We raised $610 which will be donated to the Carnivore (Big Cats) Dept.
              If you see Spencer Gausnell, Bo Currie, Skip Wise, Moe Lockwood or any of the others that helped set this monster course up, you can either thank em big time or slug em
              I believe it was 2 years ago that 16 of Dave Feldberg's dg team showed up to "try" and play the Safari. They all left after the first round.
              BUT, it was rainy, muddy, windy and these poor kids had no clue as to what they had gotten themselves into. I don't blame em really, but because 8 women were there and played all day, we did some serious razzin'.
              So why bring this up? Last weekend we had 2 "Duck" champs!
              Chris Becker, who I'm not sure was one of the 'sweet 16', won the open!
              And Billy P. won the amateur!
              I own bragging rights (which I usually keep to myself) for posting the best first round score of ALL the pros! +2
              This must have sparked Chris up as he posted a +2 on his 2nd round and beat me by 3, I think.
              DMC will have stats up soon.
              - Anonymous

Comment

play for money

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                I really wanted to come to this but I have to work saturday...
                Bummer man!
                You probably would've made more moolah at the Safari.
                Next year eh?
                - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X