Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NON-OFFICIAL Oregon 2012 PDGA Schedule?

Please?

Can someone who has been given the schedule please post it, even if some dates might change?
    Last edited by Matt B.; February 10th, 2012, 02:34 PM.

Hemmerling and Treelove have the best thing going, regarding an Oregon events calendar. Maybe you should email the state coordinator.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Thanks for the kudos - I plan to add dates for Oregon 2012 PDGA events to the calendar just as soon as I can find them, or someone submits them to me!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
        Hemmerling and Treelove have the best thing going, regarding an Oregon events calendar. Maybe you should email the state coordinator.
        Why I oughta!!

Dion has said that he'll post it when it's ready, so it's not ready. But he also made reference to having shown what is ready to people planning events. It's mid-February and there are a lot of clubs and people trying to plan smaller, non-PDGA gigs, fundraisers, etc, and I'm sure I'm not the only person trying to plan my vacation days and tournaments for the year.

In other words, just like every other year, but we usually have a schedule by now. I love and appreciate both Jeff and Gawain's calendar, but the majority of the big PDGA events are not there.

I know someone must have an even tentative idea of the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          Why I oughta!!

Dion has said that he'll post it when it's ready, so it's not ready. But he also made reference to having shown what is ready to people planning events. It's mid-February and there are a lot of clubs and people trying to plan smaller, non-PDGA gigs, fundraisers, etc, and I'm sure I'm not the only person trying to plan my vacation days and tournaments for the year.

In other words, just like every other year, but we usually have a schedule by now. I love and appreciate both Jeff and Gawain's calendar, but the majority of the big PDGA events are not there.

I know someone must have an even tentative idea of the schedule.
          a-men, brutha matt...

i've wanted to start a thread like this... buuuuut.... am glad you did as you are so much more diplomatic than i most likely would have been...

...i'd suggest, with all due respect mr. state coordinator, to post what you've got and simply indicate where there may be a change due to a scheduling conflict...

thank you.

emma
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
            Can someone who has been given the schedule please post it, even if some dates might change?
            I want (and have been waiting for) the Oregon PDGA schedule too. Dion where are you??

Comment

2012 DG Schedule – OREGON
              March
              3/4 –
              10/11 – (Sat/Sun NW Collegiate Invitational @ Milo, Sean Delohery) (Sun only C Tier @ Wortman, Terry Shuler)
              17/18 –
              24/25 –
              31/1 – (Sat/Sun April Fools Doubles @ Adair, Nate Sexton)
              April
              7/8 –
              14/15 – (Sat/Sun Disc Go Ball @Bend Pine Nursery, Ryan Lane)
              21/22 – (Sat/Sun Great Northwest Open @ Whistlers, Tom Embree)
              28/29 –
              May
              5/6 –
              12/13 –
              19/20 – (Sat/Sun Fundraiser @ Camp Taloali, Nathan Boyes)
              26/27 – (Sat/Sun Rose City Open @ Pier, Justin Hiatt)
              June
              2/3 –
              9/10 – (Sat/Sun Scout Lake Classic, Tom Embree)
              16/17 – (Fri-Sun Beaver State Fling @ Milo, Jeff Mittl)
              23/24 – (Sat/Sun Ft. Steilacoom Open, WA) (Fri-Sun W.B.D.S. @ Whistlers Bend)
              30/1 – (Sat/Sun Pine Jam @ Hyzer Pines, Ryan Lane)
              July
              7/8 – (Sat/Sun Bad Monkey Open @ Leverich, Steve Carson)
              14/15 – (Sat/Sun Willamette Open @ Adair TBD)
              21/22 – (Sat/Sun Battle at Waterloo, Tom Embree) (Sat/Sun Whistlin’ Discs Open, Brant Gausnel)
              28/29 -
              August
              4/5 – (Sat/Sun Chick Flick @ Hornings, Cindy McMahan)
              11/12 – (Sat only C tier @ Keizer Rapids, Chris McRae)
              18/19 – (Sat/Sun Calapooia Classic, Dave Pittman)
              25/26 – (Sat/Sun NAAC @ Pier, Steve Carson)
              September
              1/2 –
              8/9 – (Sat/Sun B Tier Eugene Celebration, Rebecca Duffy)
              15/16 – (Sat/Sun ORDGC @ Trojan, Jeff Hagerty)
              22/23 –
              29/30 –
              October
              6/7 – (Sat only Hab/Rec Fall Open, Patrick Buckley)
              13/14 –
              20/21 –
              27/28 – (Sat/Sun Hope Open and Halloween Dubs @ Willamette, Shavonne and Shaun)

Other Events:
              Eagle Peak
              Last edited by Matt B.; February 10th, 2012, 02:29 PM.
              PDGA President

Comment

[QUOTE=Rebecca;114618]

Didn't YOU run for State Coordinator?

Bob
                Last edited by Matt B.; February 10th, 2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Thank You Rebecca.

I didn't start this thread to criticize Dion or complain about the process. Or to mess up "official schedules"....this is NOT AN OFFICIAL SCHEDULE. Until a TD or the State Coordinator announces an event it is not officially scheduled.

I appreciate everything our PDGA representatives and TDs do for us here in Oregon, and I hope that comes through in my real life interactions with them.

But I gotta start my magic strategery in managing my domestic relations and responsibilities so I can play a bunch of golf this summer! And I know I'm not the only one. Plenty of golfers and clubs alike need this info to make plans.

This helps - thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                    Didn't YOU run for State Coordinator?

Bob

Come on now... Dion has obviously had some major life-changes lately and he's working his way through them as best he can, but let's not turn this into some kind a beat down Dion party. After all, Rebecca did get this list FROM Dion who has spent some time collecting all of this info for us.

With that said, thank you for posting it Rebecca, I was about to do the same...
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I think Dion has been having some computer issues lately. The best way to contact him would be by phone or direct e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
                        2012 DG Schedule OREGON
                        Thank you Rebecca!

Comment

11/12 (Sat only C tier @ Keizer Rapids, Chris McRae) (Sat/Sun Lava Launch, Ryan Lane)

Lava Launch is not yet scheduled for 2012. Please remove this from the above posts to avoid confusion. We will post any updates as soon as the dates are determined and schedule is confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by discVENTures View Post
                            11/12 (Sat only C tier @ Keizer Rapids, Chris McRae) (Sat/Sun Lava Launch, Ryan Lane)

Lava Launch is not yet scheduled for 2012. Please remove this from the above posts to avoid confusion. We will post any updates as soon as the dates are determined and schedule is confirmed.
                            Done, thanks Ryan!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                              Come on now... Dion has obviously had some major life-changes lately and he's working his way through them as best he can, but let's not turn this into some kind a beat down Dion party. After all, Rebecca did get this list FROM Dion who has spent some time collecting all of this info for us.

With that said, thank you for posting it Rebecca, I was about to do the same...
                              My bad! My appologies to Dion, my post was not meant to dis on Dion but rather a jab at Rebecca for losing (all in jest ) and it DID come across wrong.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X