Master and Grandmaster divisions for the Oregon State DG Championships, Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bullseye
    Except for one thing... I would rather it NOT be on the course I have laid out for the ORDGC. Part of the allure of the ORDGC is the course itself.
    ----------------------------
    Pretty sure this is where I have to say: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

On the one hand, it's a free country, and anyone can throw from wherever they want, to whatever target the want, or even throw en event if they want, on any layout they want (all within reason, obviously). If you build it, they will come. Or will they?

On the other hand, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and Hagerty's is one I tend to respect more than most. For others that might try: you can bring what looks like a great product, but still rub enough folks the wrong way as for the venture to backfire, as we have seen in both OR and WA.

On a separate but not totally unrelated topic, I am one master you won't hear griping about the ORDGC qualification format, as I think its criteria are tough, yet fair, and do give masters a shot at competing, just not a protected shot. I am still as proud of qualifying as I am ashamed of my finishes (DNF, NFL).`

Oh, and well said in the above post by Magilla, well said indeed.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I would hope DMZ was simply referring to another one of Shupp & Hemmerling's Masters Tourney at Hornings, rather than dragging this horse around the yard for another flogging.

With that said, thank you both for the support. You understand what I was trying to accomplish with the ORDGC.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        I would hope DMZ was simply referring to another one of Shupp & Hemmerling's Masters Tourney at Hornings, rather than dragging this horse around the yard for another flogging.
        I was Jeff. I enjoyed the masters championships at Hornings a couple of years ago, I am bummed it is not happening, and am considering "stepping up" as Hemmerling put it.

That being said, I agree with the last couple of posts completely. I think the ORDGC is perfect the way it is. Do not change a thing. I played the ORDGC last year and finished DFL. I still had a great time, and enjoyed preventing some of my favorite players (Gawain, Murray, and Joe) from being DFL. I plan on trying to qualify again this year and hopefully improving on my abysmal finish. The course is the hardest I have ever played and that alone makes this event something that I want to play no matter the division or how bad I am, because I am only playing against myself out there. I know where my skill level is, and I know where I want it to be, so how better to measure my improvement as a player, then to take my game to the most difficult challenge available, get beat down, and still walk away as a winner because I was able to finish all my rounds with most of my plastic still in my bag. This event is the quintessential Oregon disc golf event run by the best TD in the state. Thank you Jeff for everything you do for disc golf here in Oregon.
        Last edited by Captain Save-A-Ho; March 14th, 2012, 07:27 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X