Master and Grandmaster divisions for the Oregon State DG Championships, Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    Yose,

Once again... my intent for this event was to put together an extremely challenging course where I would crown the very best pro & am players in the state, regardless of age.

I feel like I have accomplished that and I would like to continue doing so. I have even mentioned a few times now that I am considering adding masters divisions.

However... to be quite honest, this passive aggressive pressure you are laying down here is starting to grate on me. You seem to have a desire to turn this event into something other than what I originally intended, and while even I will admit that the event may change over time, I can safely say that I do not respond well to this particular tactic of yours.

I totally understand why many people might be interested in playing this event, but I do not want to turn it into a "catch-all" tourney where anyone can simply sign up. I want people to feel like they have accomplished something by simply getting into the event... BECAUSE THEY HAVE!

Once again, my biggest issue with adding divisions is capacity. I simply cannot fit more people into the event without either adding Friday, or dropping it to a 2 round event. At this point in time, I am not willing to do either. I am sorry if you feel like I am excluding you, but I am also "excluding" all Intermediate players, all Senior GMs, All Legends, and the list goes on and on and on... I just can't fit everyone!

Hopefully you'll understand that I have tried to be as respectful as possible here,

Jeff
    +1 to Jeff

Once again, I have visions of a pretty simple solution to this problem. Take the template for the ORDGC - qualification standards, course, etc.. - and run an event for Masters, GM, etc. Have the Oregon Masters Championship (ORMDGC?) on the weekend following or preceding the ORDGC. Two great weekends, nearly every division gets represented.

I wish I had the available resources (time, mostly) to make this happen. Perhaps in a few years when the boy is older. Until then, I'll have to hope that someone picks up this baton and runs with it. Maybe the people who are complaining the loudest that the current system is broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      +1 to Jeff

Once again, I have visions of a pretty simple solution to this problem. Take the template for the ORDGC - qualification standards, course, etc.. - and run an event for Masters, GM, etc. Have the Oregon Masters Championship (ORMDGC?) on the weekend following or preceding the ORDGC. Two great weekends, nearly every division gets represented.

I wish I had the available resources (time, mostly) to make this happen. Perhaps in a few years when the boy is older. Until then, I'll have to hope that someone picks up this baton and runs with it. Maybe the people who are complaining the loudest that the current system is broken?
      Except for one thing... I would rather it NOT be on the course I have laid out for the ORDGC. Part of the allure of the ORDGC is the course itself.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

damn, I did it again

However... to be quite honest, this passive aggressive pressure you are laying down here is starting to grate on me. You seem to have a desire to turn this event into something other than what I originally intended, and while even I will admit that the event may change over time, I can safely say that I do not respond well to this particular tactic of yours. Jeff
        Jeff,
        I am very sorry you feel like I'm trying to pressure you as I know a feller in your position has enough of that already.
        As said, I assumed this was considered Oregon's "STATE" Championships and that is why I spoke up.
        My sole intentions were to request a division for the geezers IF this event is/was our "STATE" championships.
        Believe me hermano I have no desire to mess with your gig or you, although I was hoping for an answer to my my question.
        I guess I'm just too old school and miss the old OSDGC's
        Sorry man.
        Yoser
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Fair enough Yose.

Hard Feelings = None.

Cheers Amigo,

Jeff
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Except for one thing... I would rather it NOT be on the course I have laid out for the ORDGC. Part of the allure of the ORDGC is the course itself.
            The allure would still be there, and it would still be just as tough to get into either event.

I suppose there are a handful of people that could qualify for both, but not many.

Comment

i just dont know what to think of this response.....the emoticons to use.

why would it be so BAD to use the course that you laid out?
              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                i just dont know what to think of this response.....the emoticons to use.

why would it be so BAD to use the course that you laid out?
                Why would it be so BAD to use a DIFFERENT layout?
                "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

Originally posted by pdxdiscer View Post
                  Why would it be so BAD to use a DIFFERENT layout?
                  Because it sends a message that you're not good enough to play this layout just because you are > 40.

My idea of using the same course is to extend the opportunity to have the USDGC-like experince that Jeff envisioned to a wider audience of disc golfers without diminishing the existing event.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Because it sends a message that you're not good enough to play this layout just because you are > 40.

the point is you can be good enough even if you are over 40,50,60.....you might not WIN but.....at least you got in to try

i was being a selfish old fart in my earlier post.......
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                      the point is you can be good enough even if you are over 40,50,60.....you might not WIN but.....at least you got in to try

i was being a selfish old fart in my earlier post.......
                      I'm not really in love with what I wrote there - I had a hard time of expressing what I was really trying to say. The second part of my post more accuratly depicts what I was thinking.

Comment

I understand and respect your vision and effort in running the ORDGC...but not wanting us over 40s to play that layout even if someone else was running a masters event it....sounds a little exclusionary.Granted it is your layout and your event.....but alot of the people you are denying a real chance to compete and enjoy your vision.....are the same ones who built many of the courses in this area.I am NOT poking you and previously posted my support for you and still do...just not on this part of your vision.

Comment

Pretty sure this is where I have to say: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                          Or does here stand the last remaining man
                          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Oregon masters championships?

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                            If Keith and I can get off our butts, we'll do it again this year!
                            Well?

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                              Well?
                              Not happening this year
                              If someone else wants to take the reins, be my guest.

Comment

All I can say is WOW!
                                Come on people...get real.

Jeff dreamed of, planned and made this event a reality.
                                This dream was to have our own USDGC type event in Oregon.

Any of you are more than welcome to attempt to start your own event and run it anyway you see fit. Limit the divisions to all or as few as you wish.

Why should Jeff, a Masters player himself, change a format that works because some of you think you are being "left out"?

I played this event last year....with an at large invitation...got my ass kicked by an awesome layout....and enjoyed every minute of it.

Just like MOST of the people who desire to go to Winthrop and play in the USDGC have NO chance in cashing (under the old format, of course) they still line up in droves in an attempt to qualify or gain access thru a state spot.

I believe that Jeff wished to create an event similar to this but in our own backyard...and I feel he has done just that.

All I can say to Jeff is .... Stick to your guns...toughen that skin and do it YOUR way. It is the way YOU envisioned it.

Peace from a fellow Masters aged player...who's just hoping to have the opportunity to get my revenge on that BEAST of a course you have created.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X