April 7th The Rose Bud Almost Open Fundraiser Tournament @ Timber Safari Course Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 7th The Rose Bud Almost Open Fundraiser Tournament @ Timber Safari Course

Saturday April 7th @ Timber Park in Estacada The Rose Bud Almost Open Fundraiser Tournament

Players Meeting @ 7:45 AM
    Round One Tee Off @ ~ 8:00 AM
    Round Two @ one hour after the last card comes in from the morning

This will be a non-sanctioned, two round, one day fundraiser for the Rose City Open. It will be played on a safari layout using most of the existing tee pads and baskets, with par likely to be around 58 or so. 18 Holes. The final layout is not yet fully established, but when it is finished a map will be posted. On line registrations will be taken in a couple of weeks. I'll let everyone know here when it's open. 72 players, possibly a couple more depending on interest (maybe a ghost group or two).

Entry fees will be $40 Pro $30 Am. $10 of each entry fee goes to the Rose City Open, $1.50 to park fees, and a couple of dollars to online registration fees. The rest all goes back to the participants. 4 players needed to form a division.

It should be a good time and a fun course. I don't think anyone will have played any of these holes before and will be a nice twist to a familiar course. It is being designed to play harder than Timber usually does, and will require more skill and golf intelligence to navigate, or at least that's the plan.

Any questions feel free to contact me. I hardly ever navigate this forum anymore but will check back from time to time. Email is the best way to reach me. Hope you can make it!

Bart
    byanoch@gmail.com
    Last edited by Bart; March 8th, 2012, 08:33 AM.

Emma just brought up a good point to me in an email - I don't see the reason to hold anyone to the "four to make a division" thing. She was concerned that, say she signed up to play open women's, if only 3 ladies signed up then they couldn't get a division. I don't see why there shouldn't be a pro women's division if there are only three ladies. I would only encourage people to play in an alternate division if there is only one or maybe two people that want to play that division. We will work it out so everyone will be happy (that'd be a first, but might as well shoot high). It's all about having some fun, right?

After thinking about it for as moment, I think it would be fun as well to mix up the first round for everybody, as in playing against people not necessarily in your division. People get to play with others that they wouldn't normally get to play with in tournaments, and then in the second round we'll put people back into there respective divisions for the purposes of monitoring your competition progress, or maybe lack there of. Comments? Suggestions?

Hope to see you all there...

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      Emma just brought up a good point to me in an email - I don't see the reason to hold anyone to the "four to make a division" thing. She was concerned that, say she signed up to play open women's, if only 3 ladies signed up then they couldn't get a division. I don't see why there shouldn't be a pro women's division if there are only three ladies. I would only encourage people to play in an alternate division if there is only one or maybe two people that want to play that division. We will work it out so everyone will be happy (that'd be a first, but might as well shoot high). It's all about having some fun, right?

After thinking about it for as moment, I think it would be fun as well to mix up the first round for everybody, as in playing against people not necessarily in your division. People get to play with others that they wouldn't normally get to play with in tournaments, and then in the second round we'll put people back into there respective divisions for the purposes of monitoring your competition progress, or maybe lack there of. Comments? Suggestions?

Hope to see you all there...
      Hey Bart thanks so much for being so supportive of the ladies. It is this type of attitude that has helped our area to be one of the strongest for ladies participation.

Also I love the idea of mixing up the division for the first round. That is one of the things I love about the McIver 3P0. At last years McIver 3PO I got to play with #163 & Wayne a very awesome guy who was visiting from Texas . That was one of my most favorite rounds of the year.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Bart = Awesome

...soooooo... how many ladies are gonna show him the same support he's showing us and sign up for this fundraiser? be pretty cool if we didn't need the special consideration we convinced him to give us and just inundated the field with womenfolk... just sayin'...

"'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Bart, you might want to use the feature that sends you an email whenever someone replies to the thread. Edit your OP, go Advanced, and see the Subscribe option. Hope that helps!
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

So we went out and finalized the course yesterday, and it's a beaut, if I do say so myself. Looks like it's gonna be a par 59. Five par 4's. At least nine of the holes have some ob to deal with. It's very fair however and there's lots of holes where you must decide if you're going to go for the gold or play safe. Those with high disc golf intelligence and course management will prosper. I was hoping to have 18 new holes but we are going to use two of the existing holes on this safari course. It was the only way to maintain good flow. So you can expect 16 brand new holes, and good flow. We're gonna have the map together in a few days or so and will post it here when it's completed. Registration will open a few days after that. Hope to see you all there to play this new layout and support the Rose City Open...

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
              So you can expect 16 brand new holes, and good flow. We're gonna have the map together in a few days or so and will post it here when it's completed.
              Bart,
              Thanks a lot for running this event and taking the time to design the safari course.
              I am very excited to play your creation.

Comment

OK here it is. Thanks to Eric Lund for his mapping skills and to Justin Hiatt, Eric, and Zee for getting the tape and rain gear out and putting the finishing touches on it. I'm glad Justin you didn't loose your brand new BSF Glow Rock on that shot on hole 2...

Comment

Oh, and if anyone is interested he's the link for the map...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6...896a63c3_z.jpg

Comment

Look's awesome, cant wait!

Comment

Registration is now open. Here's the link...

http://j.mp/RoseBudAlmostOpen

$40 pro, $30 am. I believe there is a $2 processing fee.

Comment

I'm in. Can't wait amigo.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Registered! Wahoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                            I'm in. Can't wait amigo.
                            as am I

Comment

Me too!

Cindy
                              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176