X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
    Personally I would love to play in a Beavee Atate event. It sounds like something from The Lion King! SHOWTUUUUUUNNNESSSS!
    jazz hands!!!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
      How can you stay AM if you're 980 rated. I thought you have to be under 970 to play AM....
      No, it's the other way around. If you're registered as Pro, you can still play Advanced Am. if your rating is under 970. There isn't any requirement to 'move up' to Pro if you're registered as an Amateur, other than the cutoff at 935 after which you cannot play anything below Advanced Am.

Comment

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
        No, it's the other way around. If you're registered as Pro, you can still play Advanced Am. if your rating is under 970. There isn't any requirement to 'move up' to Pro if you're registered as an Amateur, other than the cutoff at 935 after which you cannot play anything below Advanced Am.
        I thought that the 935 was for the intermediate division and 970 is for the adv. division. So by what your saying... as long as I am registered as AM with the PDGA my rating can be as high as 980-990 and still play in the adv. division...?
        Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
          I thought that the 935 was for the intermediate division and 970 is for the adv. division. So by what your saying... as long as I am registered as AM with the PDGA my rating can be as high as 980-990 and still play in the adv. division...?
          Yep. As long as you remain registered as an Amateur, you may continue to play Advanced Amateur for as long as you like, regardless of how high/low your rating goes.. you'll just make the rest of us Advanced Am's very sad..

Really, though, if your rating is up above 970, barring cases like Spanky's, do you really want to play for more discs? At 970+ you've got a pretty good shot at cashing at most events in the state (maybe not the BSF, though).

Comment

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
            Yep. As long as you remain registered as an Amateur, you may continue to play Advanced Amateur for as long as you like, regardless of how high/low your rating goes.. you'll just make the rest of us Advanced Am's very sad..

Really, though, if your rating is up above 970, barring cases like Spanky's, do you really want to play for more discs? At 970+ you've got a pretty good shot at cashing at most events in the state (maybe not the BSF, though).

shows how much I know. well, post a thread when you come down to portland oregon area for tournaments man, so I know to play intermediate.
            Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

It's only for this year lol I'm just a newbie with a big Arm and love for the game. Since I'm not playing pro baseball anymore I need to take my Passion into something else. And disc golf is an amazing sport. I'm only playing in BSF and Rose City in Oregon.
              It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X