qualifications for beavee atate fling? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • qualifications for beavee atate fling?

    Does anybody know what the qualifications are for the beaver state fling?
    It ain't gonna be easy!!!

  • #2
    you will not qualify if you post things from your phone without using spell check or at least proof reading. especially if your spelling errors occur in the title of your post.
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

    Comment


    • #3
      Spanky,

      Other than the fact that you MUST be a PDGA member, there are no qualifications to play in the Beaver State Fling as an amateur. You will, however, have to win a lottery, because that is how the invitations are distributed. It is the only fair method we could think of considering the demand to play in the event.

      Jeff
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Spanky,

        Other than the fact that you MUST be a PDGA member, there are no qualifications to play in the Beaver State Fling as an amateur. You will, however, have to win a lottery, because that is how the invitations are distributed. It is the only fair method we could think of considering the demand to play in the event.

        Jeff

        Thank you Jeff,
        Yes I am a PDGA member and I'm 980 rated I wasn't sure if rating got me an automatic bid or I it was based on the lottery. I also wasn't sure if you possibly won an A tier of some sort would get you in.

        Thank you very much

        Jason
        It ain't gonna be easy!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
          Thank you Jeff,
          Yes I am a PDGA member and I'm 980 rated I wasn't sure if rating got me an automatic bid or I it was based on the lottery. I also wasn't sure if you possibly won an A tier of some sort would get you in.

          Thank you very much

          Jason
          The lottery system Jeff mentioned above was for the Advanced Amateur division (through which I hope to win a spot again this year). But for Pros with ratings above 970, you *should* be able to qualify for a Pro spot based on your rating (totally different system). Jeff should be able to say more about the specifics of that, but as I recall last year Pro registration started with 1000+ rated players, and then opened a bit later for 990+ rated, and then a bit later for 970+..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jeverett View Post
            The lottery system Jeff mentioned above was for the Advanced Amateur division (through which I hope to win a spot again this year). But for Pros with ratings above 970, you *should* be able to qualify for a Pro spot based on your rating (totally different system). Jeff should be able to say more about the specifics of that, but as I recall last year Pro registration started with 1000+ rated players, and then opened a bit later for 990+ rated, and then a bit later for 970+..
            Well I am an amateur player that's why I was asking.
            Thanks for your help
            It ain't gonna be easy!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by emmarose View Post
              you will not qualify if you post things from your phone without using spell check or at least proof reading. especially if your spelling errors occur in the title of your post.
              Personally I would love to play in a Beavee Atate event. It sounds like something from The Lion King! SHOWTUUUUUUNNNESSSS!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                Personally I would love to play in a Beavee Atate event. It sounds like something from The Lion King! SHOWTUUUUUUNNNESSSS!
                haha, when I initially noticed your post, I was certain you dropped by to call spanky a 980 ambagger.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                  haha, when I initially noticed your post, I was certain you dropped by to call spanky a 980 ambagger.
                  I would never do that.

                  Unless he was over 40 and wanted to play in my division.

                  I'll just be over here crying over never having sniffed 980.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is only my second year of DG and I picked up a sponsorship so I have ro stay in AM the whole year or else I would lose the sponsorship.
                    It ain't gonna be easy!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
                      This is only my second year of DG and I picked up a sponsorship so I have ro stay in AM the whole year or else I would lose the sponsorship.

                      Right on man, that hukn' rocs! Have a great 2012!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thank you, I'm looking forward to heading down to oregon as much as possible for tournaments. I am in corvallis about once a month and enjoy Adair and willamette. Oregon has such a variety of course selections its hard not to always play a few when I'm down there.
                        It ain't gonna be easy!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
                          Thank you, I'm looking forward to heading down to oregon as much as possible for tournaments. I am in corvallis about once a month and enjoy Adair and willamette. Oregon has such a variety of course selections its hard not to always play a few when I'm down there.

                          Nice, I live in Corvallis. Ping me on your way down some time and we'll hook up for a round or two.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sounds good will do
                            It ain't gonna be easy!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              How can you stay AM if you're 980 rated. I thought you have to be under 970 to play AM....
                              Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X