X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver State BRAWL! Sunday March 11th, 2012

Ever wish you could play best shot doubles on the Beaver State Fling layout??

That just happened! The Beaver State Brawl is a bring your own partner doubles event on the Milo east and west courses brought to you by TD's Nate Sexton and Dion Arlyn.

This event is scheduled for Sunday March 11th and will be run in concert with the NW Collegiate Invitational. We will be playing doubles on the best course in the world and raising money to help the OSU disc golf club go to nationals!

Pre-registration is required and will be availiable on www.northwestsignup.com
    If the event is slow to fill we may allow day of sign ups to flesh out the field.

All information regarding divisions, schedule, and prices is on the event flyer which has been submitted to northwestsignup.com and to Treelove's Calendar.

Because this event is a fundraiser there will be no players pack included in order to keep the payouts as big as possible.

Nate and Dion - Beaver Believers
    Last edited by Matt B.; February 7th, 2012, 08:41 AM.
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Brilliant!! That's my birthday, and what I will ask for(permission to roadtrip).

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
    Ever wish you could play best shot doubles on the Beaver State Fling layout??

That just happened! The Beaver State Brawl is a bring your own partner doubles event on the Milo east and west courses brought to you by TD's Nate Sexton and Dion Arlyn.

This event is scheduled for Sunday March 11th and will be run in concert with the NW Collegiate Invitational. We will be playing doubles on the best course in the world and raising money to help the OSU disc golf club go to nationals!

Pre-registration is required and will be availiable on www.northwestsignup.com
    If the event is slow to fill we may allow day of sign ups to flesh out the field.

All information regarding divisions, schedule, and prices is on the event flyer which has been submitted to northwestsignup.com and to Treelove's Calendar.

Because this event is a fundraiser there will be no players pack included in order to keep the payouts as big as possible.

Nate and Dion - Beaver Believers
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

finding the right partner.. be back shortly

Comment

Beaver Believers!! If I wasn't running the Northwest Collegiate Invitational at the same time, I'd totally be in this!

Haha, hey you Washington boys!!! how come your colleges don't want to get there stuff together and come down here and compete for Nationals??

Check it out!

Comment

Registrations are trickling in. Get your partners figured out and get signed up for this one it is going to be so much fun playing the BSF courses with a teammate!! Great warmup for April Fools Doubles, which is filling much more quickly by the way! Sign ups will be accepted at the Milo Trippple event. Hoping to fill this tourney up and raise some money for OSU disc golf.
          Innova Champion Discs
          Discmania
          huk lab
          Keen Footwear
          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

doubles...sanctioned?

are doubles events ever sanctioned? just wondering...i'm assuming this one is not of course...I don't see how they can be. thanks!
            "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Anyone looking for a partner? I'm not awful and am LHBH? I'd love to play and support OSU.
              It's not whether you've won or lost, it's how many beers you were driven to drink after you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
                are doubles events ever sanctioned? just wondering...i'm assuming this one is not of course...I don't see how they can be. thanks!
                Doubles are rarely sanctioned, this one is not. Ratings obviously wouldnt be used for doubles play but people sometimes sanction them for points and for insurance reasons.
                Innova Champion Discs
                Discmania
                huk lab
                Keen Footwear
                Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

I'm in!

Will there be diffrent classes?
                  I have not played in a tournament before, but I play Milo all the time.
                  What class/division should I sign up for?
                  On the current course layout (18 East I think) I'm playing at around +9 (with my best game at +5) and my partner around +13
                  Last edited by juda4936; March 1st, 2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juda4936 View Post
                    I will sign up on the first (pay day)
                    Will there be diffrent classes?
                    I have not played in a tournament before, but I play Milo all the time.
                    What class/division should I sign up for?
                    On the current course layout (18 East I think) I'm playing at around +9 (with my best game at +5) and my partner around +13
                    According to the online registration form, the Beaver State Brawl will offer the following divisions:

Pro Doubles
                    Pro Master Doubles
                    Advanced Doubles
                    Advanced Master Doubles
                    Mixed Doubles
                    Intermediate Doubles
                    Recreational Doubles

*Two teams needed to make a division.

http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...products_id=52

I would recommend the "Intermediate Doubles" division for you and your partner?

Comment

I won't be able to attend Milo Triple Threat, and I am sure there will be others in the same boat. I'm glad we have back to back weekends at Milo coming up so everyone has a chance to get plenty if golf in! I'm sure those who can play both weekends are going to mighty sore!

Lookig forward to March cause there is a heck of a lot of golf to be had!
                      Team DISCRAFT
                      NW Sign Up
                      Gorilla Boy
                      Paragon Disc Golf
                      Odwalla

Comment

FYI OSU Disc Golf Club will be selling $5 meal tickets to spectators and players from te Beaver State Brawl:

Burgers, any extra hot dogs we didn't cook from the day before, macaroni salad, and baked beans.

We will also be selling CFR plastic for our national qualifier, the Northwest Collegiate Open, with the sweet logo on it at the Brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by DEG3 View Post
                          FYI OSU Disc Golf Club will be selling $5 meal tickets to spectators and players from te Beaver State Brawl:

Burgers, any extra hot dogs we didn't cook from the day before, macaroni salad, and baked beans.

We will also be selling CFR plastic for our national qualifier, the Northwest Collegiate Open, with the sweet logo on it at the Brawl.
                          NICE! Looks like lunch will be good

Comment

Hey Folks,

I talked to Nate yesterday and although the online registration for this event has closed there are still plenty of spots available to play in the Beaver State Brawl. He said to show up and pay on the day of the event, but if you already know you're coming... shoot him a message here so he can be better prepared.

Come on now... Doubles on the two BSF 18s? It doesn't get much better than that!!!
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Thanks Jeff! What he says is true as usual! Day of registrations will be accepted at the Beaver State Brawl, check out the flyer for the details on the Calendar link above ^. Costs are $80 for open, $70 for Masters, $60 for ADV/ADV Masters, $50 for INT/Mixed, $40 for Rec. Thanks everyone for supporting the fling yesterday at the tripples, now come back out next Sunday and support collegiate disc golf! See everybody there.
                              Nate
                              Innova Champion Discs
                              Discmania
                              huk lab
                              Keen Footwear
                              Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.