X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Sexton
    started a topic 6th April Fools Doubles! Sat. March 31st, Sun. April 1, 2012

6th April Fools Doubles! Sat. March 31st, Sun. April 1, 2012

April Fools Doubles is back again for a 6th year at Adair county park. This year the event will be on Saturday, March 31st for the Ams and Sunday, April 1st for the Pros.

The event will feature many of the same old tricks and treats of years past plus some new things we havent even thought of yet!!! Best shot, tough shot, alternate shot and lunch is included!

Dion and I will be the TD team again this year and like always we can promise a fun event with minimal down time and great payouts! Discraft and Innova prizes!

We have our flyer out to Gawain for posting to Treelove's calendar so you can get all of the specifics there. 44 Team maximum as usual so get your partner and get your entry in early as this event has filled more quickly each and every year.

Hope to see everybody at AFD!

Nate and Dion
    Last edited by Matt B.; February 7th, 2012, 09:42 AM.

• RonTheWhip
    replied
    Haha Gawain, I don't know what you are talking about, my lunch was. Good Hour and 45 minutes...

Thanks for the feedback guys, if the oppertunity presents itself, I'm sure Nate and I would love to run another dubs (triples even?) event with this kind of layout in late summer.

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
    Well, I did make a couple nice putts in the wind, but they weren't on the topless basket. I'm in on the AFD for life!
    Well, it may have been your partner on the topless baslet, but I remember thinking "I'm glad I did not have to putt that" (especially since my partner put us literally under the basket both times) more than once!

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    Sure, you like the topless basket, after you drained that tricky 15-footer (?) in the wind! Nice putt!

It was a pleasure and an honor to play against Milo McDexter, and I look forward to battling it out again soon.

The tournament was great, except for the weather, and the shortness of lunch. A fantastic job was done by the TD, the staff, the sponsors, the players, the park dept. I can see myself playing the AFD every year for life!
    Well, I did make a couple nice putts in the wind, but they weren't on the topless basket. I'm in on the AFD for life!

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
    A great time as always with Nate, Dion and the WDGC folks. Thank you for all the hard work! The course was a lot of fun, the weather sucked, and Milo McDexter played like crap and deservedly lost the title of MPM champs.

Next year!

We had 10 MPM teams this year, let's get a few more next year and make that payout even fatter! This year was a great example of how guys who normally play MM1 can be competititve in MPM, with at least 2 of the 4 cashing teams including the winners comprised of guys who do not normally play in pro divisions. Great job guys, way to step up.

As for course feedback - I'd be more inclined to throw at warp zones if they were a bit bigger or closer. Same goes for the 50-50, although we did try that in best shot (I missed of course). I like the donuts and the mini basket, and an all-mini hole would be fun too. The harder temp hole basket positions were challenging but fun. I like the topless basket.

It would be a LOT of fun to play this format and layout in nice, warm, dry weather when footing and wetness weren't a factor. AFDII in August?

Great job guys, always a lot of fun!
    Sure, you like the topless basket, after you drained that tricky 15-footer (?) in the wind! Nice putt!

It was a pleasure and an honor to play against Milo McDexter, and I look forward to battling it out again soon.

The tournament was great, except for the weather, and the shortness of lunch. A fantastic job was done by the TD, the staff, the sponsors, the players, the park dept. I can see myself playing the AFD every year for life!

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    A great time as always with Nate, Dion and the WDGC folks. Thank you for all the hard work! The course was a lot of fun, the weather sucked, and Milo McDexter played like crap and deservedly lost the title of MPM champs.

Next year!

We had 10 MPM teams this year, let's get a few more next year and make that payout even fatter! This year was a great example of how guys who normally play MM1 can be competititve in MPM, with at least 2 of the 4 cashing teams including the winners comprised of guys who do not normally play in pro divisions. Great job guys, way to step up.

As for course feedback - I'd be more inclined to throw at warp zones if they were a bit bigger or closer. Same goes for the 50-50, although we did try that in best shot (I missed of course). I like the donuts and the mini basket, and an all-mini hole would be fun too. The harder temp hole basket positions were challenging but fun. I like the topless basket.

It would be a LOT of fun to play this format and layout in nice, warm, dry weather when footing and wetness weren't a factor. AFDII in August?

Great job guys, always a lot of fun!

Leave a comment:

• juda4936
    replied
    Post scores

Would you guys post the scores if you have time? IT would be nice to see where we all placed

Leave a comment:

• bryan_luoma
    replied
    AFD Hukn' Rocs

Thank you AFD crew, you guys put on a great show!
    Thank you Calapooia Brewing for the tasty beverages.
    Thanks to the folks who brought baskets for the fun and tricky temp holes (someone aced C on Sat?).
    I had an awesome time!

Leave a comment:

• chris7graham
    replied
    Had a great time!!! Great course!!! But I lost opto plastic trident kind of gold yellow color

Leave a comment:

• SliderXC
    replied
    I really enjoyed the hard pin positions on the Temp holes. Also the Mini Basket was pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• juda4936
    replied
    Warp zone

I liked the warp zones (even though we didn't use them)
    And the 50 for 50

We will be back next year for sure!!!

Leave a comment:

• What Ever
    replied
    I liked the mini basket. Thanks again for all the work. Carl T.

Leave a comment:

• RonTheWhip
    replied
    What an exciting weekend! I had a blast hanging out with the Ams on Saturday and watching the course conquering a few teams. Good work Jammin JJ's for pulling down the win in MA1, Jeff and Josh played hot in best shot to win. Playoff between Ascention and Drunk Already for the win in MA2 went to Jake and Sean from OSU to secure their first victory as a doubles team, good job team Drunk!

I was tearing down the course on Sunday so I'm not sure the results from Masters, but I believe Shake & Bake took it. Nate and I claimed our fifth victory at AFD, with Brice and Colin shooting a blistering -12 for the best round of the weekend to take second.

No one hit both 50 footers on 18, but it provided lots of drama. And Lonnie Drouhard made the hanging basket for a 1 on hole 10

What was your favorite feature on the course?

Putting Donut (1)
    Line of Death (2)
    Warp Zone (5,13)
    Forbidden Tree (9)
    Hanging Basket (10)
    Elevated Chainless Basket (D)
    Mini Basket (16)
    50 for 50 (18)

Leave a comment:

• Nate Sexton
    replied
    Ok just got back from Adair and we got everything ready to go! The course is a little wet, yes, but that wont stop us from having a great time and giving out some awesome prizes. We have Keen gear to give away, Calapooia beer to give away, Innova and Discraft of every shape and size! Pizza for lunch, soda also available for those of us who don't drink beer. Thanks everybody for filling AFD again this year, I will open check in at 7:30am. The earlier you get there the more players pack options you will have!

Leave a comment:

• essjay
    replied
    Speaking of weather, for those of you coming from the north, you should know that there is a chance that Hwy99W south of Monmouth could be flooded if this rain continues...if you plan to come down 99W I'd check first

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X