Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again there is room for ONE MORE AM TEAM! First to contact me secures the spot!
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Full again!

Wish me luck in getting the spray paint down in this weather! We will do what we can to make it visible for tomorrow. See everyone tomorrow morning, check in starts at 7:30am. Be there BEFORE 8am if you have not paid yet as your spot is only gaurenteed until then!
      Nate
      Innova Champion Discs
      Discmania
      huk lab
      Keen Footwear
      Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Speaking of weather, for those of you coming from the north, you should know that there is a chance that Hwy99W south of Monmouth could be flooded if this rain continues...if you plan to come down 99W I'd check first

Comment

Ok just got back from Adair and we got everything ready to go! The course is a little wet, yes, but that wont stop us from having a great time and giving out some awesome prizes. We have Keen gear to give away, Calapooia beer to give away, Innova and Discraft of every shape and size! Pizza for lunch, soda also available for those of us who don't drink beer. Thanks everybody for filling AFD again this year, I will open check in at 7:30am. The earlier you get there the more players pack options you will have!
          Innova Champion Discs
          Discmania
          huk lab
          Keen Footwear
          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

What an exciting weekend! I had a blast hanging out with the Ams on Saturday and watching the course conquering a few teams. Good work Jammin JJ's for pulling down the win in MA1, Jeff and Josh played hot in best shot to win. Playoff between Ascention and Drunk Already for the win in MA2 went to Jake and Sean from OSU to secure their first victory as a doubles team, good job team Drunk!

I was tearing down the course on Sunday so I'm not sure the results from Masters, but I believe Shake & Bake took it. Nate and I claimed our fifth victory at AFD, with Brice and Colin shooting a blistering -12 for the best round of the weekend to take second.

No one hit both 50 footers on 18, but it provided lots of drama. And Lonnie Drouhard made the hanging basket for a 1 on hole 10

What was your favorite feature on the course?

Putting Donut (1)
            Line of Death (2)
            Warp Zone (5,13)
            Forbidden Tree (9)
            Hanging Basket (10)
            Elevated Chainless Basket (D)
            Mini Basket (16)
            50 for 50 (18)
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

I liked the mini basket. Thanks again for all the work. Carl T.

Comment

Warp zone

I liked the warp zones (even though we didn't use them)
                And the 50 for 50

We will be back next year for sure!!!

Comment

I really enjoyed the hard pin positions on the Temp holes. Also the Mini Basket was pretty cool.

Comment

Had a great time!!! Great course!!! But I lost opto plastic trident kind of gold yellow color
                    PDGA # 31451
                    2 Mini Aces
                    74 Aces
                    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                    DISC GOLF OR DIE
                    BOB CABAL
                    DISCVANGO
                    JEFF ELLIOT
                    G-MAN
                    JORDAN LEWIS
                    JEFF HAGERTY
                    JAMES GARCELON
                    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

AFD Hukn' Rocs

Thank you AFD crew, you guys put on a great show!
                      Thank you Calapooia Brewing for the tasty beverages.
                      Thanks to the folks who brought baskets for the fun and tricky temp holes (someone aced C on Sat?).
                      I had an awesome time!

Comment

Post scores

Would you guys post the scores if you have time? IT would be nice to see where we all placed

Comment

A great time as always with Nate, Dion and the WDGC folks. Thank you for all the hard work! The course was a lot of fun, the weather sucked, and Milo McDexter played like crap and deservedly lost the title of MPM champs.

Next year!

We had 10 MPM teams this year, let's get a few more next year and make that payout even fatter! This year was a great example of how guys who normally play MM1 can be competititve in MPM, with at least 2 of the 4 cashing teams including the winners comprised of guys who do not normally play in pro divisions. Great job guys, way to step up.

As for course feedback - I'd be more inclined to throw at warp zones if they were a bit bigger or closer. Same goes for the 50-50, although we did try that in best shot (I missed of course). I like the donuts and the mini basket, and an all-mini hole would be fun too. The harder temp hole basket positions were challenging but fun. I like the topless basket.

It would be a LOT of fun to play this format and layout in nice, warm, dry weather when footing and wetness weren't a factor. AFDII in August?

Great job guys, always a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                            A great time as always with Nate, Dion and the WDGC folks. Thank you for all the hard work! The course was a lot of fun, the weather sucked, and Milo McDexter played like crap and deservedly lost the title of MPM champs.

Next year!

We had 10 MPM teams this year, let's get a few more next year and make that payout even fatter! This year was a great example of how guys who normally play MM1 can be competititve in MPM, with at least 2 of the 4 cashing teams including the winners comprised of guys who do not normally play in pro divisions. Great job guys, way to step up.

As for course feedback - I'd be more inclined to throw at warp zones if they were a bit bigger or closer. Same goes for the 50-50, although we did try that in best shot (I missed of course). I like the donuts and the mini basket, and an all-mini hole would be fun too. The harder temp hole basket positions were challenging but fun. I like the topless basket.

It would be a LOT of fun to play this format and layout in nice, warm, dry weather when footing and wetness weren't a factor. AFDII in August?

Great job guys, always a lot of fun!
                            Sure, you like the topless basket, after you drained that tricky 15-footer (?) in the wind! Nice putt!

It was a pleasure and an honor to play against Milo McDexter, and I look forward to battling it out again soon.

The tournament was great, except for the weather, and the shortness of lunch. A fantastic job was done by the TD, the staff, the sponsors, the players, the park dept. I can see myself playing the AFD every year for life!
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                              Sure, you like the topless basket, after you drained that tricky 15-footer (?) in the wind! Nice putt!

It was a pleasure and an honor to play against Milo McDexter, and I look forward to battling it out again soon.

The tournament was great, except for the weather, and the shortness of lunch. A fantastic job was done by the TD, the staff, the sponsors, the players, the park dept. I can see myself playing the AFD every year for life!
                              Well, I did make a couple nice putts in the wind, but they weren't on the topless basket. I'm in on the AFD for life!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                                Well, I did make a couple nice putts in the wind, but they weren't on the topless basket. I'm in on the AFD for life!
                                Well, it may have been your partner on the topless baslet, but I remember thinking "I'm glad I did not have to putt that" (especially since my partner put us literally under the basket both times) more than once!
                                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X