Daylight Savings One

when: SUNDAY MARCH 8TH 2009

where: WORTMAN PARK MCMINNVILLE OREGON

why: to pay the gods for more sunshine

details: 2 rounds of 18 hole P.D.G.A. championship golf singles format

c.t.p.'s on every hole trophies to preregistered divisions

open $40.00 adv. $30.00 am. $20.00

$1.00 per round ace pot pay day of tournament

tournament central will open at 8.00 a.m. players meeting 9.15 a.m. tee off by 9.30a.m. lunch 12.00-1.00 awards by 4.00

questions or wanting to help or donate to the tournament call terry at 503-883-9340 thank you for your support

THE POWERS TO BE HAVE MADE IT OFFICIAL. NOT SURE HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE. SIGN UP SHOULD APPEAR ON THE PDGA WEBSITE FOR PRE REGISTRATION. EVERYTHINGS BEEN PAID FOR SO THERE SHOULDN'T BE TOO MUCH OF DELAY. OR JUST CALL 503-883-9340 TERRY AND WILL GET YOU SIGHNED UP

Comment

on line should be up real soon . just talked to the online guy had a slight problem . everything o.k. said would get right on it. the locals are wanting me to set up the field holes. we have a school yard next to the park that we had holes to the course. one setup has a tough 1000 foot hole. i will be playing advanvced masters my wife will be playing intermediate most locals are am with a few advanced . hope to see some of you there.

Comment

online signup is now going at pdgasignup.com . will try to figure out how to upload players tonight . i know i will be playing advanced masters and my wife will be play am ladies . a couple local ams and advanced players said they are in . so far the farthest person on the list is from bend and believe is playing advanced. any questions call 503-883-9340 terry shuler

Comment

Yo Terry.....I am interested in attending your toruney, but am reluctant to slap down $40 without knowing more about the course layout. Have you nailed anything down yet?

Comment

just reserved the ballfield next to the park so it looks like we will be adding six longer holes to the course thank you for asking

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
              just reserved the ballfield next to the park so it looks like we will be adding six longer holes to the course thank you for asking
              How long?

Comment

how long are the holes ? have not measured them yet , but a rough guess would go like this. 1. 400ft. o.b. area and fence to deal with next to the basket area 2. 500ft. o.b.area all around fairway, fairway is thin around 300ft. area with o.b. on each side,trees to deal with, o.b. by basket area 3.. 400ft. shoot over football field that is surrounded by a track ,track is o.b.,basket is on other side of track close to a tall fence, 4. 600ft. back over football field to corner of field,track o.b.,o.b. behind basket area, 5.
                300ft. fairway narrows right before basket,tennis court on one side,track on the other,basket is 50ft past opening in 50ft. wide area , tree blocking front of opening 6. 400ft. fairway fenced in last 200ft. fairway 80ft. wide at basket area trees left early track o.b. all discs will be able to be retrieved if it goes uot of the ballfield area go get it, if it goes in the fenced baseball field i will have to get it for you later unless it is open, unless noted otherwise that is the plan so far. and thanks for the question answres are usually free and correct, terry

Comment

Terry,

Awesome to see you're throwing a tourney at Wortman.

Question: Are there player's packs? Thanks.

Comment

good to hear from you. thanks again for the glass, as of now no, only have a few locals and one from bend on the list , if more interest is generated i might be able to pull some strings, but i'm saving those for my july touney i do every year, which i also will apply for P.D.G.A. sactioning, between all the ctp's and payouts at my bigger tounaments whom ever is left usually gets to pick something from the pile that is left, so i try to make sure that everybody gets at least something, it may be a mini it may be a disc ,shirt,flashlight,
                    beer, i try hard to thank everybody for showing up. as of now silver squirrel disc golf club paid for all the tourney and park fees and carquest of sheridan supplied all the prizes, silver squirrel has put in some discs as well, so far no hole sponsers or donatoins have been recieved, all proseeds from hole sponership and donatoins go directly to player purses, because silver squirrel is a non-profit club so all in goes all out. thank you for the chance to ramble on agian hope to see you there, peace

Comment

List of locals playing

adv. masters Terry Shuler
                      Dave Heider

advanced Shaun Kirk
                      Carl Boje

intermediate Randy Winey

inter. ladies Jeni Shuler

WrightLife.com has donated some swagg to the tourney ,
                      mini's,shirts,gift certificates to spend online,
                      Mcminnville Pizza Company gave a couple of beer glasses,
                      pile of goodies becides all the ctp's is growing

i would like to make more trophies before the tourney
                      thank you for your support terry

Comment

Who's doing your trophies, Terry?

Comment

the local trophy shop,,,, , the order is not finalized if you have something in mind, ,,,,I loved your trophy for the BAD ACE WINTER HANDICAP SERIES but didn't think I had the funds ,,,,and havn't had any cash sponsership besides Silver Squirrel Disc Club to afford so nice of trophies,,,,, they will be like the ones for last years Turkey Toss without the turkey of course.,,,, but as noted in the thread trophies will only be offered to preregistered divisions ,,,, thank you for the question ,,,,,and any insight or help is always greatly appriciated,,, on another note,,, Dave Heider won the first to sign-up prize which he does not know he won,,, something to remember for the july tounament....peace

Comment

Hey Terry!

I'd love to play in this event and I always have a good time traveling to Wortman. Is Pre-Registration required/suggested or do you mind people showing up and paying the day of? I'l try to rope Nate and Colin into the mix and anyone else from Corvallis that has a free day!

Thanks,
                            Dion

Dion Arlyn
                            #24781 - Current: yes
                            541-760-0013
                            kenpofoo@msn.com
                            Team DISCRAFT
                            NW Sign Up
                            Gorilla Boy
                            Paragon Disc Golf
                            Odwalla

Comment

Is there going be a pre-registration list posted? Always fun to see who has signed up so far.

Thanks,
                              Cindy
                              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X