Chick Flick Fundraiser...Bring Your Own Partner Doubles 3/24 Timber Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickynicky View Post
    hey there.......just wondering if there are any more openings?
    There are still a few spots left. Feel free to PM Carie or if you would like to play. Make sure to include the following in your PM:
    • Your Name
    • Partner's Name
    • Division
    • Email address

Jason Pinkal

Comment

Hey all!

Here's to no snow on Saturday! We're super excited for the fifty-some teams we have registered for the Doubles Fundraiser this Saturday. Jason and I will be ready to check in people and take payment starting at 8:00. We do have a lot of people of teams signing up. To make the process as smooth as possible, please bring exact cash. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept checks. Cost is $30 a team, with $20 going towards payout and $10 being donated to the August Chick Flick Celebration. Next Adventure will be providing scrip for the Working at It division.

Registration and payments will not be accepted after 8:45am. We will be teeing off at 9am. Please be prompt and we promise a smooth tournament experience for you! Lunch will not be provided, but Estacada is short drive to get some grub and bevvies. We will start the second round ONE HOUR AFTER THE LAST CARD IS TURNED IN for the morning round. That means that those who finish earlier will have a little extra time.

We have an amazing group of people playing Saturday. Jason and I are looking forward to this weekend and here's to a lot of fun!

Hit me up with any questions...or additions...or deletions!

Updated player roster: CLICK HERE

Peace,
      Carie and Jason
      Chick Flick Fundraiser Tournament Directors

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
        haha, well yea. Still like the name though.
        Why are you and Erin, both accomplished disc golfers, playing in the lowest skill division? Why would you sandbag a fundraiser? What division does that leave for a te.am of two newbies to compete in? Move up!
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          Why are you and Erin, both accomplished disc golfers, playing in the lowest skill division? Why would you sandbag a fundraiser? What division does that leave for a te.am of two newbies to compete in? Move up!
          think they'll actually be pretty darn fine competition for say celeste & jordan, vanessa & ned, cindy & stephen and andrea & jimmy robb...

... doesn't seem like 'baggin to me...
          Last edited by emmarose; March 22nd, 2012, 12:47 PM. Reason: better words
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Great team name! Only thing is, I don't see Sam on the player list...
            Sam unlikely to attend. Sam may be on the other side of the river at the big courses. Sam not really used to speaking of Sam in the third person...
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Erin got called into work for tomorrow so we won't be able to make it. Still going to donate $10 to chick flick though. And Gawain, I think we fit right in in that division.
              Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                Erin got called into work for tomorrow so we won't be able to make it. Still going to donate $10 to chick flick though. And Gawain, I think we fit right in in that division.
                Balls.

Thanks for letting us know in advance. We'll be missing you two! Looks like we'll have some nice weather in the afternoon.

See you around!

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                  think they'll actually be pretty darn fine competition for say celeste & jordan, vanessa & ned, cindy & stephen and andrea & jimmy robb...

... doesn't seem like 'baggin to me...
                  Are you saying there is more than one team sandbagging in my division

Comment

Originally posted by George A. View Post
                    Are you saying there is more than one team sandbagging in my division
                    no, george. that is not what i was saying.

Last edited by emmarose; March 23rd, 2012, 12:44 PM. Reason: less = more

Comment

Teams made of 2 experienced disc golfers should not be playing in the lowest skill division in a fund raiser. It leaves nowhere for newbie teams to fairly play. Just my opinion, you may do with it what you wish.
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Teams made of 2 experienced disc golfers should not be playing in the lowest skill division in a fund raiser. It leaves nowhere for newbie teams to fairly play. Just my opinion, you may do with it what you wish.
                        i do see what you're saying... however, if you look at the teams that have signed up for this event, it wouldn't be fair for erin and matt to play in the other division... they're getting there, but not there yet... oh, wait, i mean they're working at it as opposed to working it... hmmm...

Comment

I would disagree. I would agree that we are (along with other teams) in that bubble. We'd be lowest in the top and near the top in the lowest. But I would not agree that we should be playing the top because we are experienced. My experiences have been in adv. and near the bottom.
                          Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

I agree with all of the above.

This year we did not expect:
                            1) Over 50 teams signing up
                            2) The range of player ability that was contained within these 50 teams and TWO divisions.

Next year when Jason and I run this event, we will be creating three divisions, for sure. Additionally, we could charge a different amount for the Rec/Int, Advanced and Open divisions. However, because we advertized the registration for the event at $30, we are going to honor that and the divisions that were established at the beginning.

Most of all, we are grateful for the outpouring of support for women's disc golf and the Chick Flick. Because of all of the fundraising done, each woman received a ridiculously awesome player's pack, a weekend full of playing, learning, food, fun, camping and bevvies! We are able to offer so much for so little ($25 for Recs!) because of all this fundraising.

I can't speak on behalf of the Chick Flick TDs Cindy and Celeste, but Jason and I are thankful for all of the 100+ people that will be at Timber Park tomorrow. It's our honor to be able to donate almost $500 to the 2012 Chick Flick this year. THANK YOU!
                            Last edited by Carie CPink; March 23rd, 2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                              I agree with all of the above.

This year we did not expect:
                              1) Over 50 teams signing up
                              2) The range of player ability that was contained within these 50 teams and TWO divisions.

Next year when Jason and I run this event, we will be creating three divisions, for sure. Additionally, we could charge a different amount for the Rec/Int, Advanced and Open divisions. However, because we advertized the registration for the event at $30, we are going to honor that and the divisions that were established at the beginning.

Most of all, we are grateful for the outpouring of support for women's disc golf and the Chick Flick. Because of all of the fundraising done, each of the woman received a ridiculously awesome player's pack and a weekend full of playing, learning, food, fun, camping and bevvies! We are able to offer so much for so little ($25 for Recs!) because of all this fundraising.

I can't speak on behalf of the Chick Flick TDs Cindy and Celeste, but Jason and I are thankful for all of the 100+ people that will be at Timber Park tomorrow. It's our honor to be able to donate almost $500 to the 2012 Chick Flick this year. THANK YOU!
                              Thank you (Carrie and Jason) for putting this on... This is going to be the first tourney for my wife.

Kevin

Comment

Don't let Gawain's moaning get ya down. He is ALWAYS complaining about some sandbagger or another... The only time he is EVER right is when he's talking about Sam Gibson.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
                                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X